Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

Howard Stern Come here to discuss anything about his show or his two channels.
Please Note: You must request access to post in the Howard Stern Forum. Read more here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 11-16-2006, 08:06 AM   #1
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default "Transformer" commerical

It's funny that Howard is doing this commiercal for "Transformers" and has no idea what the fuck it is. I was never that big into 'Transformers", but it wasn't a bad show and I would like to see the animated movie again. It's just funny to hear the big difference in generations (Gary knew them only from the new toys that are out and his son is interested in).
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
Old 11-16-2006, 08:43 AM   #2
Genom
Loyal Listener
 
Genom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2006
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
Posts: 243
Genom is on a distinguished road
Default

Howard is clueless about many of the commercial spots he does. It takes a couple of minutes to ask someone or Google the terms or keywords he doesn't understand prior to air so commercials would sound like they are from an informed source.

But he is a virtual encyclopedia of knowledge when it comes to Dancing With The Stars or some other gay TV shit.
Genom is offline  
 
 
Old 11-16-2006, 10:16 AM   #3
Scipione
Sirius Star
 
Scipione's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 03, 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,386
Scipione is on a distinguished road
Default

Transformers SUCK!

GO-BOTS FOR TEH WIN!!!
Scipione is offline  
 
 
Old 11-16-2006, 11:34 AM   #4
bendog2784
Rocket Scientist
 
bendog2784's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 28, 2004
Posts: 556
bendog2784 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bendog2784
Default

Whenever he reads one of these commercials when he knows nothing about the product, it reminds me of Private Parts when hes reading the commercial for the sports place that he said hes been to, but it was the grand opening. I know in the movie he didnt have the copy, it comes off as the same way.
bendog2784 is offline  
 
 
Old 11-16-2006, 11:35 AM   #5
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genom
Howard is clueless about many of the commercial spots he does. It takes a couple of minutes to ask someone or Google the terms or keywords he doesn't understand prior to air so commercials would sound like they are from an informed source.

But he is a virtual encyclopedia of knowledge when it comes to Dancing With The Stars or some other gay TV shit.
It goes without saying he usually has no idea about the things he is doing commericals for and it's kind of funny but I can't believe "Transformers" just passed him by! Excatly, just google some terms but I think it's funny that he doesn't know most of his sponsors. Lazy but funny.
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
Old 11-16-2006, 03:53 PM   #6
djhavoc
Mixologist
 
djhavoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 03, 2006
Posts: 323
djhavoc is on a distinguished road
Default

Im a Transformers fan, what was the commercial about? I haven't heard todays show yet.
__________________
dj havoc aka dj cesar perez
chicago. il. usa.
djhavoc is offline  
 
 
Old 11-16-2006, 04:12 PM   #7
AmuN
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 11, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 935
AmuN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhavoc
Im a Transformers fan, what was the commercial about? I haven't heard todays show yet.
the new movie coming out
__________________
AmuN is offline  
 
 
Old 11-17-2006, 10:27 AM   #8
BronxBomber78
Mixologist
"Transformer" commerical
 
BronxBomber78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 280
BronxBomber78 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuN
the new movie coming out
I caught the last two seconds of the commercial, isn't the 20th anniversary DVD coming soon?
BronxBomber78 is offline  
 
 
Old 11-17-2006, 05:19 PM   #9
bendog2784
Rocket Scientist
 
bendog2784's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 28, 2004
Posts: 556
bendog2784 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bendog2784
Default

I listented to a replay of alive spot for PureVanilla.com. Robin is saying ' Howard i thought you hated paying for porn'. Howard says 'Well I do but its only because I dont want to give out my credit card information and personal info.'
Sure Howard, I bet your a huge PV.com customer.
bendog2784 is offline  
 
 
Old 11-17-2006, 06:03 PM   #10
packie juppet
Sirius Star
 
packie juppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2006
Posts: 3,919
packie juppet will become famous soon enoughpackie juppet will become famous soon enough
Default

The other day Howard was doing the "Let's Go to Prison" commercial and he mentioned that the film was directed by 'Bob Oderkirk' from Mr.Show. When he read Bob's last name wrong I thought, "well, he doesn't know who he is, Bob isn't a household name, the last name can be kind of tricky on a cold run, but shit, the dude is a genius, Howard should know Mr.Show AND BOB ODENKIRK".

Maybe because I'm such a big fan of Bob's work AND that Howard is such a radio hero of mine I kind of would like it if he at least KNEW who he was. He read the spot like he knew who he was.

Watching Dancing With the Stars and Deal or No Deal instead of Mr. Show? What the fuck is up with that?
packie juppet is offline  
 
 
Old 11-17-2006, 09:00 PM   #11
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBomber78
I caught the last two seconds of the commercial, isn't the 20th anniversary DVD coming soon?
It was actually more specfically the new, collectors DVD release, which I could kick myself not for getting...it looks very impressive! Packed with extras and goodies!
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
Old 11-17-2006, 09:05 PM   #12
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packie juppet
The other day Howard was doing the "Let's Go to Prison" commercial and he mentioned that the film was directed by 'Bob Oderkirk' from Mr.Show. When he read Bob's last name wrong I thought, "well, he doesn't know who he is, Bob isn't a household name, the last name can be kind of tricky on a cold run, but shit, the dude is a genius, Howard should know Mr.Show AND BOB ODENKIRK".

Maybe because I'm such a big fan of Bob's work AND that Howard is such a radio hero of mine I kind of would like it if he at least KNEW who he was. He read the spot like he knew who he was.

Watching Dancing With the Stars and Deal or No Deal instead of Mr. Show? What the fuck is up with that?
Bob is a huge comic talent (although "Mr. Show" wasn't as great as I heard it hyped up to be) and I'm nearly sure has been on the show, too....but we are talking about a guy who has never seen an episode of "The Simpsons", so lets start there first. He probably knows of "The Simpsons" (God knows he mentioned it enough when talking about Sam Simon) but I bet if you mentioned a character outside of Bart or Homer, he would have no idea what you're talkinga bout.
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
Old 11-18-2006, 07:52 AM   #13
packie juppet
Sirius Star
 
packie juppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2006
Posts: 3,919
packie juppet will become famous soon enoughpackie juppet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyM27
Bob is a huge comic talent (although "Mr. Show" wasn't as great as I heard it hyped up to be) and I'm nearly sure has been on the show, too....but we are talking about a guy who has never seen an episode of "The Simpsons", so lets start there first. He probably knows of "The Simpsons" (God knows he mentioned it enough when talking about Sam Simon) but I bet if you mentioned a character outside of Bart or Homer, he would have no idea what you're talkinga bout.
Mr.Show mined the same comedy ground as Python and Kids in the Hall, it was subversive silliness for the stoned. I don't know if you watched all of their seasons, but for a half hour show, they packed in a ton of stuff. It is by far my favorite show during its non celebratory run.
packie juppet is offline  
 
 
Old 11-18-2006, 08:08 AM   #14
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packie juppet
Mr.Show mined the same comedy ground as Python and Kids in the Hall, it was subversive silliness for the stoned. I don't know if you watched all of their seasons, but for a half hour show, they packed in a ton of stuff. It is by far my favorite show during its non celebratory run.
I don't think it's a bad show but the description fits....probably funnier if you're stoned...maybe that's why I lost interest in ATHF. Still, as I said, very talented. I kind of liked that "Just Shoot Me" show but one time he guest starred as a guy pretending to have had the sense knocked out of him to get out of work and it was killer....Should've won awards! Still, he is not quite a household name but I have a pretty good idea Howard knows who he is if he saw him....just screwed up the name.
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Commerical for two day preview VinnyM27 Howard Stern 26 10-24-2006 10:04 PM
Commerical repeater besttastetowaste SIRIUS Dogstar Cafe 2 08-09-2005 04:58 PM
Commerical Koolaid SIRIUS Dogstar Cafe 1 12-21-2004 12:03 AM
New SIRIUS commerical out - Howie Long & Terry Bradshaw dconlive SIRIUS Dogstar Cafe 6 08-17-2004 10:14 PM
Commerical Idea - For Sirius :) Oberlyn SIRIUS Dogstar Cafe 11 06-24-2004 08:10 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.