Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

Howard Stern Come here to discuss anything about his show or his two channels.
Please Note: You must request access to post in the Howard Stern Forum. Read more here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 12-01-2006, 12:49 PM   #1
TheScionicMan
Sirius Star
 
TheScionicMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 14, 2006
Location: In the Hot Tub
Posts: 8,433
TheScionicMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheScionicMan has a spectacular aura about
Default Gossip Game: Fake story a repeat!

I thought I was having some sort of flashback. He used that Justin Timberlake getting a maid for his injured maid in the game before and they were all too stupid to remember? Good grief, Howard and Robin even picked it right the first time. I searched the archive and it was just 2 months ago:

Yesterday:

(2) Justin Timberlake’s housekeeper hurt her wrist and he hired a housekeeper for her while she recuperated.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

(4) Justin Timberlake hired a maid to take care of his regular maid who hurt her foot.

While Robin and Howard went with the fourth story as the fake, Fred and Artie chose the Mel Gibson story. Mike then revealed Robin and Howard won the game.

http://howardstern.com/rundown.hs?d=1158822000#7646
__________________
--------------------------------

LUABASI
TheScionicMan is offline  
 
 
Old 12-01-2006, 01:18 PM   #2
packie juppet
Sirius Star
 
packie juppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2006
Posts: 3,919
packie juppet will become famous soon enoughpackie juppet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
I thought I was having some sort of flashback. He used that Justin Timberlake getting a maid for his injured maid in the game before and they were all too stupid to remember? Good grief, Howard and Robin even picked it right the first time. I searched the archive and it was just 2 months ago:

Yesterday:

(2) Justin Timberlake’s housekeeper hurt her wrist and he hired a housekeeper for her while she recuperated.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

(4) Justin Timberlake hired a maid to take care of his regular maid who hurt her foot.

While Robin and Howard went with the fourth story as the fake, Fred and Artie chose the Mel Gibson story. Mike then revealed Robin and Howard won the game.

http://howardstern.com/rundown.hs?d=1158822000#7646

Man, I don't think I would have remembered that at all. All those stories sound regurgitated to me. I kind of zone out with the Gossip Game. But there are two fairly recent situations that irked me the same way, like wtf kind of wierd.

The retelling of ERIC-FRED-LEO Norris like it was new news. Howard and Robin acted like they didn't already do this this ten years before. That seemed very wierd to me.

The other is this new fascination with Death Metal as if it's a phenomenon of the new millennium. I kept asking myself, "Didn't I live through this 15 years ago"?
packie juppet is offline  
 
 
Old 12-01-2006, 01:19 PM   #3
Scipione
Sirius Star
 
Scipione's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 03, 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,386
Scipione is on a distinguished road
Default

Nice catch!
You must be a SUPA fan.

I kind of tune Mike Walker out when he is on.
By the time he gets to the 4th story, I don't remember the first 3.

It's one segment I really wish would fade away...
Scipione is offline  
 
 
Old 12-01-2006, 01:41 PM   #4
albanysternfan
Mixologist
 
Join Date: Jan 11, 2006
Posts: 361
albanysternfan is on a distinguished road
Default

Howard & the gang wouldn't remenber anything from that long ago they bearly remember the show from the day before.
albanysternfan is offline  
 
 
Old 12-01-2006, 01:55 PM   #5
TheScionicMan
Sirius Star
 
TheScionicMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 14, 2006
Location: In the Hot Tub
Posts: 8,433
TheScionicMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheScionicMan has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packie juppet
Man, I don't think I would have remembered that at all. All those stories sound regurgitated to me. I kind of zone out with the Gossip Game. But there are two fairly recent situations that irked me the same way, like wtf kind of wierd.

The retelling of ERIC-FRED-LEO Norris like it was new news. Howard and Robin acted like they didn't already do this this ten years before. That seemed very wierd to me.

The other is this new fascination with Death Metal as if it's a phenomenon of the new millennium. I kept asking myself, "Didn't I live through this 15 years ago"?
The Fred-Eric thing is not new news, but has never been clearly answered. So when it comes up, I think they had to give some history for the new listeners. personally, i could listen to them talk about that stuff 24/7.

As for the death metal, I think they normally just blew it off and didn't pay attention to it, but now that they had songs with words you know, it makes it more interesting. I can't get into the ROARRAWRROAR sound because it is meaningless, but take that same voice and have them sing Purple Haze and you have something to follow along with...
__________________
--------------------------------

LUABASI
TheScionicMan is offline  
 
 
Old 12-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #6
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default

Thank you for pointing that out! I kept thinking "He's done this story before, hasn't he?". Then I figured maybe it was a case of hearing it on some other show. I never really listen to other morning shows but I don't have Sirius in my car. So I do occassionally hear a bit of other radio morning shows and I believe they all have some varation of the gossip game...surprise, surprise. I kept thinking maybe I heard it on one of those. But I guess Walkers screwed up. Hopefully they mention it...they have to fell like idiots!
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-01-2006, 06:08 PM   #7
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
The Fred-Eric thing is not new news, but has never been clearly answered. So when it comes up, I think they had to give some history for the new listeners. personally, i could listen to them talk about that stuff 24/7.

As for the death metal, I think they normally just blew it off and didn't pay attention to it, but now that they had songs with words you know, it makes it more interesting. I can't get into the ROARRAWRROAR sound because it is meaningless, but take that same voice and have them sing Purple Haze and you have something to follow along with...
I don't think for a second that HOward or the gang was naive about death metal and I'm sure they've played it before and goofed on it. The fascination was doing that voice with very well known covers!
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #8
SISO
Sirius Star
 
SISO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 20, 2004
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 7,591
SISO will become famous soon enoughSISO will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SISO Send a message via MSN to SISO Send a message via Yahoo to SISO
Default

This game is such a waste of time, the only thing it's good for is telling us if they're off on Friday.
__________________
SISO is offline  
 
 
Old 12-01-2006, 08:10 PM   #9
bendog2784
Rocket Scientist
 
bendog2784's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 28, 2004
Posts: 556
bendog2784 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bendog2784
Default

I knew it sounded familiar when I listened to it, but for some reason I thought it was a different celeb. Mike Walker must be too busy chatting to young boys online when he should be making up stories. Or maybe he has his hands full of girlynips. Who knows?
bendog2784 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-01-2006, 10:32 PM   #10
WayneEdwards
Sirius Star
Gossip Game: Fake story a repeat!
 
WayneEdwards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 25, 2006
Posts: 1,506
WayneEdwards is on a distinguished road
Default

For some reason whenever Mike Walker reads his four stories during The Gossip Game, I usually have no idea what the hell he's talking about until Howard does the quick recap.
WayneEdwards is offline  
 
 
Old 12-02-2006, 12:16 AM   #11
usiphi203
Sirius Star
Gossip Game: Fake story a repeat!
 
usiphi203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 25, 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,536
usiphi203 has a spectacular aura aboutusiphi203 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneEdwards
For some reason whenever Mike Walker reads his four stories during The Gossip Game, I usually have no idea what the hell he's talking about until Howard does the quick recap.
Yep, I can't follow that nutty bastard. I just keep thinking about that epic fart.
usiphi203 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-02-2006, 10:18 AM   #12
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneEdwards
For some reason whenever Mike Walker reads his four stories during The Gossip Game, I usually have no idea what the hell he's talking about until Howard does the quick recap.
Yeah. Sometimes I totally glaze over and just have to hear what Howard is going to say to recap. I used to like "The Gossip game" but now it is only a good indicator of whether they will be on Friday or not (at this point, as I've said before, they will never work another Friday again). I'm as bored as Walker is apparently.
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-02-2006, 10:26 AM   #13
stern_howie
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2006
Posts: 80
stern_howie is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
I thought I was having some sort of flashback. He used that Justin Timberlake getting a maid for his injured maid in the game before and they were all too stupid to remember? Good grief, Howard and Robin even picked it right the first time. I searched the archive and it was just 2 months ago:

Yesterday:

(2) Justin Timberlake’s housekeeper hurt her wrist and he hired a housekeeper for her while she recuperated.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

(4) Justin Timberlake hired a maid to take care of his regular maid who hurt her foot.

While Robin and Howard went with the fourth story as the fake, Fred and Artie chose the Mel Gibson story. Mike then revealed Robin and Howard won the game.

http://howardstern.com/rundown.hs?d=1158822000#7646
You are only confirming what I have known for a while. I've been compiling a database for quite sometime and if my early findings turn out to be proved the implications are staggering. I need just a bit more time to colate the data but I'll report back here with my information.
stern_howie is offline  
 
 
Old 12-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #14
Scipione
Sirius Star
 
Scipione's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 03, 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,386
Scipione is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiphi203
Yep, I can't follow that nutty bastard. I just keep thinking about that epic fart.
Cause he says shit like... "Cutie Cupcake Kiera Knightly"
No way he isn't a bone smuggler.
Scipione is offline  
 
 
Old 12-02-2006, 10:43 AM   #15
Genom
Loyal Listener
 
Genom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2006
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
Posts: 243
Genom is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipione
Cause he says shit like... "Cutie Cupcake Kiera Knightly"
I think his "phone call" to a bakery was funnier: "I would like a small penis smothered in warm Godiva chocolate."
Genom is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTF? No Sunday Night Football? blyons200 SIRIUS Sports 16 10-27-2006 05:32 PM
NCAA Football 2007 [xbox360] sign me up for one in july rizzy The Doghouse 12 07-20-2006 01:13 AM
2005 MLB Playoffs WolfViper SIRIUS Sports 58 10-20-2005 01:32 PM
Land of Green Ginger - ENOUGH already spazrobot SIRIUS Electronic & Dance 4 10-20-2004 01:00 AM
Any video game players in here??? ctwickman The Doghouse 5 06-11-2004 08:53 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.