Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

Howard Stern Come here to discuss anything about his show or his two channels.
Please Note: You must request access to post in the Howard Stern Forum. Read more here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 12-08-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
LarryBS
Rocket Scientist
 
LarryBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 13, 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 873
LarryBS is on a distinguished road
Default Observation supporting why SalandRichard should go

So, on today's MTT from 1995, Howard is ranting about how the National Endowment for the Arts granted funds to some "artist" chick who sticks sweet potatoes up her ass...saying how she should give the money back because it is not art, is not talent, and it is not entertaining.

Hmm, OK. This week we got to debate whether he should play a tape of Sal and Richard shitting and try to guess which is which (while we eat breakfast). Should we be getting refunds? Sorry, but I'm sick of Howard allowing those two talentless idiots air time to try and out-disgust each other. If Howard really wants to regain the synergy that he first brought to Sirius, he's going to have to take a serious look at the show's direction. Let's get back to the comedy and entertainment. Yesterday's news segment when the gang was riffing on the James Blunt/Petra Nemcova thing was great. I've said it before, but that is the stuff that made the show successful. Not the crap (literally) that SalandRichard spew.
__________________
JVC SR2000 - pics and installation LINK
LarryBS is offline  
 
 
Old 12-08-2006, 05:41 PM   #2
packie juppet
Sirius Star
 
packie juppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2006
Posts: 3,919
packie juppet will become famous soon enoughpackie juppet will become famous soon enough
Default

Ain't it funny that Howard feels he should sue Jay Leno for stealing bits, yet Johnny Knoxville, Bam and Steve O would never...EVER in a million years think to throw Howard under that kind of bus for the stunts that richardandsal pull?
packie juppet is offline  
 
 
Old 12-08-2006, 05:57 PM   #3
rustytrombone
Sirius Star
 
rustytrombone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 10, 2006
Posts: 2,880
rustytrombone is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packie juppet
Ain't it funny that Howard feels he should sue Jay Leno for stealing bits, yet Johnny Knoxville, Bam and Steve O would never...EVER in a million years think to throw Howard under that kind of bus for the stunts that richardandsal pull?

You mean how WARNER BROTHERS should sue Steve O & Johnny K for stealing the ideas from BUGGS BUNNY CARTOONS?????

Come on now.

as for

"Should we be getting refunds? Sorry, but I'm sick of Howard allowing those two talentless idiots air time to try and out-disgust each other."

This isn't the friggin UTILITY COMPANY. CANCEL if you don't like it bonehead.
__________________
Make you humble

bust'n heads with:
(3) S50s
Sportster Replay
Sportster 4
(2)InV
Stratus
rustytrombone is offline  
 
 
Old 12-08-2006, 06:04 PM   #4
beaniemac
Sirius Star
 
beaniemac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 05, 2006
Location: Chicago (South Side)
Posts: 1,726
beaniemac will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to beaniemac
Default

so you're saying a penis twisting contest doesn't require talent?
beaniemac is offline  
 
 
Old 12-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #5
packie juppet
Sirius Star
 
packie juppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2006
Posts: 3,919
packie juppet will become famous soon enoughpackie juppet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytrombone
You mean how WARNER BROTHERS should sue Steve O & Johnny K for stealing the ideas from BUGGS BUNNY CARTOONS?????

Come on now.

as for

"Should we be getting refunds? Sorry, but I'm sick of Howard allowing those two talentless idiots air time to try and out-disgust each other."

This isn't the friggin UTILITY COMPANY. CANCEL if you don't like it bonehead.
I think it would be funny if WB did try to sue the Jackass clan. Couldn't you just see the court room scene? "Your Honor...the plaintiff, a Mr. Wile E. Coyote seeks remuneration from damages against his character. He states a Mr. Steven O did willfully borrow without permission a 'Beer Bong' stunt that Mr. Coyote administered to his foe and arch rival...Roadrunner".

Great stuff.
packie juppet is offline  
 
 
Old 12-08-2006, 06:14 PM   #6
rustytrombone
Sirius Star
 
rustytrombone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 10, 2006
Posts: 2,880
rustytrombone is on a distinguished road
Default

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! QUICK !!!!!! GET THE RIGHTS TO THE REALITY BROADCAST!!!

Dammit I think we are too late. Leno stole it already
__________________
Make you humble

bust'n heads with:
(3) S50s
Sportster Replay
Sportster 4
(2)InV
Stratus
rustytrombone is offline  
 
 
Old 12-08-2006, 07:00 PM   #7
TheScionicMan
Sirius Star
 
TheScionicMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 14, 2006
Location: In the Hot Tub
Posts: 8,433
TheScionicMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheScionicMan has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packie juppet
I think it would be funny if WB did try to sue the Jackass clan. Couldn't you just see the court room scene? "Your Honor...the plaintiff, a Mr. Wile E. Coyote seeks remuneration from damages against his character. He states a Mr. Steven O did willfully borrow without permission a 'Beer Bong' stunt that Mr. Coyote administered to his foe and arch rival...Roadrunner".

Great stuff.
Jonny Knoxville has stated that the idea for the "getting charged by a bull" stunt was inspired by a Tom and Jerry cartoon.

Someone get Jackie Chiles on the line...
__________________
--------------------------------

LUABASI
TheScionicMan is offline  
 
 
Old 12-08-2006, 07:18 PM   #8
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryBS
So, on today's MTT from 1995, Howard is ranting about how the National Endowment for the Arts granted funds to some "artist" chick who sticks sweet potatoes up her ass...saying how she should give the money back because it is not art, is not talent, and it is not entertaining.

Hmm, OK. This week we got to debate whether he should play a tape of Sal and Richard shitting and try to guess which is which (while we eat breakfast). Should we be getting refunds? Sorry, but I'm sick of Howard allowing those two talentless idiots air time to try and out-disgust each other. If Howard really wants to regain the synergy that he first brought to Sirius, he's going to have to take a serious look at the show's direction. Let's get back to the comedy and entertainment. Yesterday's news segment when the gang was riffing on the James Blunt/Petra Nemcova thing was great. I've said it before, but that is the stuff that made the show successful. Not the crap (literally) that SalandRichard spew.
Funny to hear how crazy conservative he was back then compared to know...I can't imagine Richard and Sal really making it throgh the long haul. Hopefully they get phased out after a stunt like that where most normal listeners were interested.
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-08-2006, 09:49 PM   #9
LarryBS
Rocket Scientist
 
LarryBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 13, 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 873
LarryBS is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytrombone

This isn't the friggin UTILITY COMPANY. CANCEL if you don't like it bonehead.
Hey, thanks for reminding of my options again, and for reminding everyone else of your intelligence deficit. That seems to be your standard reply to anyone who dares question your exhaulted ruler. This forum is for expression of opinions and discussion of the show and its cast. If that's too much for someone of your capacity to grasp, maybe you should unsubscribe... bonehead. Read the "refund" comment in context. It was sarcastic.
__________________
JVC SR2000 - pics and installation LINK

Last edited by LarryBS; 12-08-2006 at 09:54 PM..
LarryBS is offline  
 
 
Old 12-10-2006, 02:47 PM   #10
Howardaddict
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 17, 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 740
Howardaddict is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryBS
Hey, thanks for reminding of my options again, and for reminding everyone else of your intelligence deficit. That seems to be your standard reply to anyone who dares question your exhaulted ruler. This forum is for expression of opinions and discussion of the show and its cast. If that's too much for someone of your capacity to grasp, maybe you should unsubscribe... bonehead. Read the "refund" comment in context. It was sarcastic.

I'm with you. This forum must resist the vigilantes who set themselves up as guardians of Stern fan purity and feel free to insult any poster they deem impure. That kind of crap is the specialty of the martinets over at the SFN. Let's post about Howard Stern, not other posters.

I'm also with you on the Sal Richard situation. I loved it every time Howard had a song parody competition. The variety and creativeness of those parodies was amazing. The same for the fans' phony phone calls. Sal and Richard are straining so hard to come up with new bits every day that they are just not funny. Howard, Robin and Artie and Fred riffing about almost anything is the best thing about the show.
Howardaddict is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dance Forum Observation Cannon SIRIUS Electronic & Dance 1 07-28-2005 05:15 PM
Starmate---- Xact7 Observation sold_on_surius Radios & Receivers 1 06-12-2005 03:54 PM
Observation of playlists marty9 SIRIUS Dogstar Cafe 12 04-13-2005 12:49 AM
Planet Trance general observation Cannon SIRIUS Electronic & Dance 6 03-16-2004 08:20 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.