Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

Howard Stern Come here to discuss anything about his show or his two channels.
Please Note: You must request access to post in the Howard Stern Forum. Read more here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 12-13-2006, 03:26 PM   #16
goreds2
Sirius Star
 
goreds2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2005
Location: XM Country
Posts: 2,056
goreds2 is on a distinguished road
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natron44
Anybody know which radio was given away to the audience at Letterman? He's been yammering about buy Stilletos for his staff & friends, but what did the audience get? Visor or something?

I AM GUESSING THIS:

http://www.xactcommunication.com/Sir...y-Pack-18.html
__________________
* On My IGNORE List: Jgatie

** Jgatie quote to me: "Start sticking your pointy little head in where it doesn't belong and I'll get a mod to go all xzi on your ass. That's a promise."

http://www.sirius.com/thevirus

MEL: Please add RADIO MARGARITAVILLE to Best of SIRIUS package.

* Eddie and TRACY Radio Show 3pm-6pm est. on XM173 (WLW)

Two XM MyFi's (One for son / One for me with BEST OF SIRIUS)
One XM Delphi In Home Repeater
One SIRIUS Stratus 4 in Mrs. goreds2 Car
goreds2 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-13-2006, 03:38 PM   #17
Jgatie
Sirius Star
Which radio did Howard give?
 
Jgatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 5,283
Jgatie has a spectacular aura aboutJgatie has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goreds2
Who asked you to guess? Your smarmy post may have been be funny on XMfan a couple years ago, but they've pulled about equal in radios now, troll. By the way, does XM have a WiFi portable yet?

PS, I see you've kept up the "as I get more trollish, I post in more capital letters" habit. Jeez, I'd love to play you in poker, Chuckles. The tells are everywhere.

Last edited by Jgatie; 12-13-2006 at 03:41 PM..
Jgatie is offline  
 
 
Old 12-13-2006, 04:09 PM   #18
BronxBomber78
Mixologist
Which radio did Howard give?
 
BronxBomber78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 280
BronxBomber78 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyM27
I don't think I saw the March appearance but this one was incredible. I wouldn't be shocked if Howard gets some attention for this outside of Lettermen viewers.
That was the appearance where he wore the I Hate Les Moonves T-shirt Ralphy-cakes designed. He was supposed to promote the official launch of Howard TV, but the conversation was obviously dominated by a little lawsuit that shall never be mentioned again...
BronxBomber78 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-13-2006, 04:58 PM   #19
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgatie
Who asked you to guess? Your smarmy post may have been be funny on XMfan a couple years ago, but they've pulled about equal in radios now, troll. By the way, does XM have a WiFi portable yet?

PS, I see you've kept up the "as I get more trollish, I post in more capital letters" habit. Jeez, I'd love to play you in poker, Chuckles. The tells are everywhere.
I give himt he benefit of the doubt. That model doesn't look bad....there isn't a bad model of Sirius radio as long as they all work! I think XM does have a similar thing to the Stelltio. I've seen it and I think it goes for $199....Wonder why? Doubt it's selling nearly as much! They won't budge on the price of Stellito's but XM's model... It might not be WiFi but I think it is live and can carry 100 mins of recorded music or content.
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-13-2006, 04:59 PM   #20
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBomber78
That was the appearance where he wore the I Hate Les Moonves T-shirt Ralphy-cakes designed. He was supposed to promote the official launch of Howard TV, but the conversation was obviously dominated by a little lawsuit that shall never be mentioned again...
I definately missed that. Forgot to tape it but I think they played it so I heard what he had to say.
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-13-2006, 06:10 PM   #21
Jgatie
Sirius Star
Which radio did Howard give?
 
Jgatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 5,283
Jgatie has a spectacular aura aboutJgatie has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyM27
I give himt he benefit of the doubt. That model doesn't look bad....there isn't a bad model of Sirius radio as long as they all work! I think XM does have a similar thing to the Stelltio. I've seen it and I think it goes for $199....Wonder why? Doubt it's selling nearly as much! They won't budge on the price of Stellito's but XM's model... It might not be WiFi but I think it is live and can carry 100 mins of recorded music or content.
Don't bother with giving Goreds the benefit of the doubt. That model hasn't been sold in a year or two. You can only purchase accessories. He's a troll, that's all.
Jgatie is offline  
 
 
Old 12-13-2006, 06:33 PM   #22
Scipione
Sirius Star
 
Scipione's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 03, 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,386
Scipione is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgatie
Don't bother with giving Goreds the benefit of the doubt. That model hasn't been sold in a year or two. You can only purchase accessories. He's a troll, that's all.
I can't figure out WHY an XM fan would be allover the Sirius message board.

Momma shoulda given more attention.
Scipione is offline  
 
 
Old 12-13-2006, 07:08 PM   #23
packie juppet
Sirius Star
 
packie juppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2006
Posts: 3,919
packie juppet will become famous soon enoughpackie juppet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipione
I can't figure out WHY an XM fan would be allover the Sirius message board.

Momma shoulda given more attention.
Letterman and Schaffer got Stilleto's, the audience got Sportsters...I guess Conan and Max will be getting Sirius T-Shirts and his audience will be relegated to getting the leftover key chains.

Kimmel will get a recorded message from Jay Thomas via satellite.
packie juppet is offline  
 
 
Old 12-13-2006, 07:29 PM   #24
Jgatie
Sirius Star
Which radio did Howard give?
 
Jgatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 5,283
Jgatie has a spectacular aura aboutJgatie has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packie juppet
Letterman and Schaffer got Stilleto's, the audience got Sportsters...I guess Conan and Max will be getting Sirius T-Shirts and his audience will be relegated to getting the leftover key chains.

Kimmel will get a recorded message from Jay Thomas via satellite.
Gotta hand it to you. If Goreds and the rest of the trolls were as funny as you, I'd be more warm towards them. This is another classic.
Jgatie is offline  
 
 
Old 12-13-2006, 08:34 PM   #25
goreds2
Sirius Star
 
goreds2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2005
Location: XM Country
Posts: 2,056
goreds2 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgatie
Gotta hand it to you. If Goreds and the rest of the trolls were as funny as you, I'd be more warm towards them. This is another classic.
"I HEAR YA"
__________________
* On My IGNORE List: Jgatie

** Jgatie quote to me: "Start sticking your pointy little head in where it doesn't belong and I'll get a mod to go all xzi on your ass. That's a promise."

http://www.sirius.com/thevirus

MEL: Please add RADIO MARGARITAVILLE to Best of SIRIUS package.

* Eddie and TRACY Radio Show 3pm-6pm est. on XM173 (WLW)

Two XM MyFi's (One for son / One for me with BEST OF SIRIUS)
One XM Delphi In Home Repeater
One SIRIUS Stratus 4 in Mrs. goreds2 Car
goreds2 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-13-2006, 09:38 PM   #26
Jgatie
Sirius Star
Which radio did Howard give?
 
Jgatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 5,283
Jgatie has a spectacular aura aboutJgatie has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goreds2
"I HEAR YA"
**Yawn**
Jgatie is offline  
 
 
Old 12-13-2006, 10:47 PM   #27
packie juppet
Sirius Star
 
packie juppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2006
Posts: 3,919
packie juppet will become famous soon enoughpackie juppet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgatie
**Yawn**
Yeah, you woulda thunk he would have at least given us all an update on what the boys thought of Howard's gig on Letterman.
packie juppet is offline  
 
 
Old 12-13-2006, 11:36 PM   #28
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgatie
Don't bother with giving Goreds the benefit of the doubt. That model hasn't been sold in a year or two. You can only purchase accessories. He's a troll, that's all.
I actually saw those in a store not to long ago. The guy is a troll but I guess I didn't catch that. Fool! All I know is some people would rather have that Sirius model radio than the best model for XM available!
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-14-2006, 08:11 AM   #29
Jgatie
Sirius Star
Which radio did Howard give?
 
Jgatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 5,283
Jgatie has a spectacular aura aboutJgatie has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packie juppet
Yeah, you woulda thunk he would have at least given us all an update on what the boys thought of Howard's gig on Letterman.
Now now, Packie. You just may lose your "much funnier than the trolls" status if you don't start calling them "bbboys" instead of "boys." Otherwise, the pests are much more gooder and cleverer than us and they will win.

***HINT: In order to equal the average pest in witty reparte, the only proper response to this is "DO THEY!!!???"***

Man-o-Manischewitz, those bboys are geniuses at comedy . . .
Jgatie is offline  
 
 
Old 12-14-2006, 08:14 AM   #30
goreds2
Sirius Star
 
goreds2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2005
Location: XM Country
Posts: 2,056
goreds2 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgatie
Now now, Packie. You just may lose your "much funnier than the trolls" status if you don't start calling them "bbboys" instead of "boys." Otherwise, the pests are much more gooder and cleverer than us and they will win.

***HINT: In order to equal the average pest in witty reparte, the only proper response to this is "DO THEY!!!???"***

Man-o-Manischewitz, those bboys are geniuses at comedy . . .
You know all the slang, perfect (I am not sure how)! We welcome you to listen to O & A during Mr. Sterns vacation.
__________________
* On My IGNORE List: Jgatie

** Jgatie quote to me: "Start sticking your pointy little head in where it doesn't belong and I'll get a mod to go all xzi on your ass. That's a promise."

http://www.sirius.com/thevirus

MEL: Please add RADIO MARGARITAVILLE to Best of SIRIUS package.

* Eddie and TRACY Radio Show 3pm-6pm est. on XM173 (WLW)

Two XM MyFi's (One for son / One for me with BEST OF SIRIUS)
One XM Delphi In Home Repeater
One SIRIUS Stratus 4 in Mrs. goreds2 Car
goreds2 is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
interesting article on sirius and xm (long) from barrons soxnationonline The Street 12 06-18-2008 02:48 PM
Letter from the Past: Howard Stern & post-commy Romania Peace N' Cheese SIRIUS News, Talk, Entertainment & Traffic 0 01-27-2006 09:38 AM
Sat Radio Article in NY Daily News Satradioman Galaxy Nation 2 09-22-2005 09:41 AM
WSJ: Liftoff for Satellite Radio testforecho SIRIUS Dogstar Cafe 1 10-25-2004 05:10 AM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.