Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

Howard Stern Come here to discuss anything about his show or his two channels.
Please Note: You must request access to post in the Howard Stern Forum. Read more here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 03:19 PM   #166
TheScionicMan
Sirius Star
 
TheScionicMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 14, 2006
Location: In the Hot Tub
Posts: 8,433
TheScionicMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheScionicMan has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexonxonx
it's not worth responding ...
apparently, it is worth it...

The only reason I give half a rat's ass is because of how they shoved it in Stern fans' faces that they were going to outdo him. Now, I'm just waiting to see the re-shove.
__________________
--------------------------------

LUABASI
TheScionicMan is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 03:19 PM   #167
hexonxonx
Mixologist
 
Join Date: May 31, 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 384
hexonxonx is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgatie
I thought you said Stern never interested you?
I did, he don't, O&A do.
hexonxonx is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 03:22 PM   #168
Jgatie
Sirius Star
Howard could learn a lesson from O & A
 
Jgatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 5,283
Jgatie has a spectacular aura aboutJgatie has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpdawg
Well, jgatie, I know you aren't talking about me, because I've made it known that I listen to both shows, but I do prefer O&A. Now, on your point about ratings being a percentage, nope, that's share. Ratings points are total number of listeners, not share. There's a difference. My point that less people are listening to radio period now than 10 or even 5 years ago still stands. That's why nobody will ever hit those numbers again, because the listeners aren't there. Somebody could theoretically hit those share numbers though.
And they haven't, despite the fact they were crowing they would. I never disagreed with your point that less people are listening to the radio. My point was that this didn't magically happen overnight and besides, a #1 is still a #1 and a #18+ is still a #18+. And someone who is making excuses for a #18 not being a #1 cannot blame demographic shift or loss of overall listeners because the #1 from a year ago dealt with the same things. How do you explain that?
Jgatie is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 03:25 PM   #169
Jgatie
Sirius Star
Howard could learn a lesson from O & A
 
Jgatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 5,283
Jgatie has a spectacular aura aboutJgatie has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexonxonx
I did, he don't, O&A do.
Oh, so you are a troll. Thanks for the clarification.
Jgatie is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 03:27 PM   #170
hexonxonx
Mixologist
 
Join Date: May 31, 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 384
hexonxonx is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgatie
Oh, so you are a troll. Thanks for the clarification.
I'm a troll for discussing the topic of this thread?
hexonxonx is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 03:48 PM   #171
gilpdawg
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 19, 2004
Location: New Paris, OH
Posts: 830
gilpdawg is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgatie
And they haven't, despite the fact they were crowing they would. I never disagreed with your point that less people are listening to the radio. My point was that this didn't magically happen overnight and besides, a #1 is still a #1 and a #18+ is still a #18+. And someone who is making excuses for a #18 not being a #1 cannot blame demographic shift or loss of overall listeners because the #1 from a year ago dealt with the same things. How do you explain that?
I'm not gonna explain it. They haven't been doing the ratings people thought. They aren't doing that great, but they aren't doing that bad either. They are doing just "okay." If CBS is happy with that, bless em. Doesn't change the fact that I still love the show. I'm of the opinion that ratings are stupid anyway. People are dumb. That's why brilliant television shows like Arrested Development couldn't draw ratings. People would rather hear stale top 40 radio and stupid reality shows on TV. Now Howard on the other hand, transcends all that, and I give him credit for that. He's on another level. I just don't like the show as much as I used to, and I found another show I enjoy. Howard still has his moments though.
And with that, I'm retired from this thread. We're just going around in circles, and I'm guilty of doing the same damn fanboy shit I've accused others of doing. Good day Stern forum, and Happy Holidays.
gilpdawg is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 03:55 PM   #172
Jgatie
Sirius Star
Howard could learn a lesson from O & A
 
Jgatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 5,283
Jgatie has a spectacular aura aboutJgatie has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpdawg
I'm not gonna explain it. They haven't been doing the ratings people thought. They aren't doing that great, but they aren't doing that bad either. They are doing just "okay." If CBS is happy with that, bless em. Doesn't change the fact that I still love the show. I'm of the opinion that ratings are stupid anyway. People are dumb. That's why brilliant television shows like Arrested Development couldn't draw ratings. People would rather hear stale top 40 radio and stupid reality shows on TV. Now Howard on the other hand, transcends all that, and I give him credit for that. He's on another level. I just don't like the show as much as I used to, and I found another show I enjoy. Howard still has his moments though.
And with that, I'm retired from this thread. We're just going around in circles, and I'm guilty of doing the same damn fanboy shit I've accused others of doing. Good day Stern forum, and Happy Holidays.
Thanks for being honest. You've always been a non-troll in my eyes (despite what I may have said in haste) and you will discuss things logically and without those stupid "Does HE???" replies that mean nothing. Seriously, you aren't as fanboy as you say. Happy Holidays to you, too.
Jgatie is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 05:03 PM   #173
Markz
Sirius Star
 
Markz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 19, 2005
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,748
Markz will become famous soon enoughMarkz will become famous soon enough
Default

Take it slow gilpdawg.
__________________
U FILTY BASSTERR!
Markz is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 05:57 PM   #174
TheScionicMan
Sirius Star
 
TheScionicMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 14, 2006
Location: In the Hot Tub
Posts: 8,433
TheScionicMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheScionicMan has a spectacular aura about
Default

Group hug!



__________________
--------------------------------

LUABASI
TheScionicMan is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 07:23 PM   #175
Markz
Sirius Star
 
Markz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 19, 2005
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,748
Markz will become famous soon enoughMarkz will become famous soon enough
Default

Ha Ha, pic no worky!

edit: rats, it worky
__________________
U FILTY BASSTERR!
Markz is offline  
 
 
Old 12-22-2006, 07:43 AM   #176
JerseyGuy123
Mixologist
 
JerseyGuy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 27, 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 257
JerseyGuy123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to JerseyGuy123
Default

I heard they were on Leno last night. I googled and found a video of it. Man, they bombed. The audience sounded like they were asleep through it. They would even squirm a bit after they realized that lame joke after bad impression would bomb. They certainly didn't sell their show in any way, shape or form. Hacks!!
JerseyGuy123 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-22-2006, 12:29 PM   #177
mercury
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: Sep 21, 2005
Location: The City
Posts: 1,269
mercury is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy123
I heard they were on Leno last night. I googled and found a video of it. Man, they bombed. The audience sounded like they were asleep through it. They would even squirm a bit after they realized that lame joke after bad impression would bomb. They certainly didn't sell their show in any way, shape or form. Hacks!!
it was real bad....when opie told his Ron Howard story the place almost fell asleep.

they were just way out of their league.
mercury is offline  
 
 
Old 12-22-2006, 12:32 PM   #178
TIJUANA1
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: Jan 12, 2006
Posts: 1,258
TIJUANA1 is on a distinguished road
Default

I saw a clip...jeez...How about Anthony's impressions? Not even crickets were in the audience.
TIJUANA1 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-22-2006, 12:44 PM   #179
Markz
Sirius Star
 
Markz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 19, 2005
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,748
Markz will become famous soon enoughMarkz will become famous soon enough
Default

Go"kill yourself"Reds2 has not been here spouting off about it. Can you see flop sweat on you tube?
__________________
U FILTY BASSTERR!
Markz is offline  
 
 
Old 12-22-2006, 12:50 PM   #180
Jgatie
Sirius Star
Howard could learn a lesson from O & A
 
Jgatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 5,283
Jgatie has a spectacular aura aboutJgatie has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
it was real bad....when opie told his Ron Howard story the place almost fell asleep.

they were just way out of their league.

"Uhhh, yeah I'm Opie. But, uhhh, uhhm the guy I'm named after was right here. Annnd uhh, then I met him and stuff. Uhh, yeah, that's what happened."

Jesus Fricken' Chrrrrist, that was painful. Dude, you just admitted that you were named after Little Opie Cunningham when you were in short pants and you kept the name into your 40's!!!!
Jgatie is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Liddy's visit to Stern Show was great SpringSternFan Howard Stern 16 02-26-2007 10:45 PM
howard channels mandatory homophobic rules planetahead Howard Stern 23 02-18-2006 10:25 AM
Bubba the Love Sponge on the same time as Jay Thomas? FAFASTERN SIRIUS News, Talk, Entertainment & Traffic 5 01-08-2006 10:49 AM
Howard Stern's call to FCC Chairman Michael Powell mutant SIRIUS News, Talk, Entertainment & Traffic 4 10-30-2004 01:57 AM
Howard Answers / Sirius MRB SIRIUS Dogstar Cafe 17 10-24-2004 03:49 AM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.