Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

Howard Stern Come here to discuss anything about his show or his two channels.
Please Note: You must request access to post in the Howard Stern Forum. Read more here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 12-20-2006, 10:31 AM   #31
albanysternfan
Mixologist
 
Join Date: Jan 11, 2006
Posts: 361
albanysternfan is on a distinguished road
Default

The shocking stuff is always funny i like how they talk about Akira & now she is big part of Bubba's show thanks to Spiceboy.
albanysternfan is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 09:46 AM   #32
Howardaddict
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 17, 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 740
Howardaddict is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I was disppointed that Howard took off so much time in the summer, so soon after he had started at Sirius. Over the years I have become accustomed to the long break at Christmas. I must say this, Howard works hard and provides a mostly quality show the four day a week he does work. I am disappointed with the"best of" stuff but only because it is not 100% of the "best of" for me. I recognize that no two Stern fans are going to agree on what is the "best of". I could not believe they replayed Sal's drawn out, phony apology for something racist he had said. He was so happy for the attention. He played along for all it was worth, which was not much. If he could get that much air time every day, he would insult every race and ethnic group known to man. But some people find all of his antics entertaining.

When Howard got his old tapes from CBS, he talked about possibly having shows entirely devoted to "best of" singing performances or other categories. For example, he might have a "best of" of interviews of comedians or of interviews of movie stars. He could have an entire show devoted to the many times over the last 20 years that he put Gary on the spot. I know it involves a lot of work but there seems to be a free time available and a large staff of eager interns.
Howardaddict is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 01:42 PM   #33
TheScionicMan
Sirius Star
 
TheScionicMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 14, 2006
Location: In the Hot Tub
Posts: 8,433
TheScionicMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheScionicMan has a spectacular aura about
Default

Comin' down in 3...2...1...

__________________
--------------------------------

LUABASI
TheScionicMan is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 04:13 PM   #34
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam master jay
I don't think that they would play 2 weeks worth of MTT after this week of reruns - that would go over like a lead balloon, especially with new listeners hopefully coming aboard with their Christmas gifts of Sirius radios.

If Howard actually takes off until January 8, that is a bad move on his part. Not that he seems to care what we fans think anymore, anyway.
That's very dissapoiting because it's obivous they are only picking shows for stupid stunts like "Shock the Balls" but they have hidden gems, of course. For example, I'm thinking they picked today's episode for the chick and the vomit guy (which I didn't hear) but the highlight was of course, Sal and "This is Sal..." apology (unless they are in touch with what fans want and chose it for that reason).
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 05:35 PM   #35
JHDKoopman
Sirius Star
 
JHDKoopman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 10, 2006
Location: Boca Raton
Posts: 2,103
JHDKoopman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JHDKoopman
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmotherfarker
I haven't even been listening this week. I've heard most of the 2006 shows several times already. I'll just hold out for MTT next week and just listen to Bubba until then.

/Bubba had Dee Schnider (or however you spell it) in studio yesterday... great, great show.

MTT is comming next week? if thats the case, sweet. i have listened to bits and pieces of best of 06 this week but i find myself longing for MTT.

-jan
jhdkoopman@hotmail.com
JHDKoopman is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 05:37 PM   #36
JHDKoopman
Sirius Star
 
JHDKoopman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 10, 2006
Location: Boca Raton
Posts: 2,103
JHDKoopman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JHDKoopman
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyM27
That's very dissapoiting because it's obivous they are only picking shows for stupid stunts like "Shock the Balls" but they have hidden gems, of course. For example, I'm thinking they picked today's episode for the chick and the vomit guy (which I didn't hear) but the highlight was of course, Sal and "This is Sal..." apology (unless they are in touch with what fans want and chose it for that reason).
i dont know vinny, i would say that the sal shit was def. a highlight of 06. i would imagine that was a huge reason why they picked the show today.

-jan
jhdkoopman@hotmail.com
JHDKoopman is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 05:42 PM   #37
packie juppet
Sirius Star
 
packie juppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2006
Posts: 3,919
packie juppet will become famous soon enoughpackie juppet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHDKoopman
i dont know vinny, i would say that the sal shit was def. a highlight of 06. i would imagine that was a huge reason why they picked the show today.

-jan
jhdkoopman@hotmail.com
The breakdown of how the SBF saw May of 2006.

Dice and Artie confrontation ---------7 ----31.82%
Bubba's Rap Song---------------------2 ----9.09%
Siobahn gets fingered by Richard----1 ----4.55%
"We Speak Your Name" --------------2 ----9.09%
'Hi, I'm Sal Governale' ---------------10----45.45%
packie juppet is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 05:42 PM   #38
TheScionicMan
Sirius Star
 
TheScionicMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 14, 2006
Location: In the Hot Tub
Posts: 8,433
TheScionicMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheScionicMan has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHDKoopman
i dont know vinny, i would say that the sal shit was def. a highlight of 06. i would imagine that was a huge reason why they picked the show today.

-jan
jhdkoopman@hotmail.com
Of course it was! and IMO, the Shock the Balls day is easily a Top 5 day. Not just the shocking parts but all the interaction between the two shows people.


My favorite line of the whole thing:

Im not racist… I’m just making assumptions based on statistics… -Sal Governale
__________________
--------------------------------

LUABASI

Last edited by TheScionicMan; 12-21-2006 at 05:53 PM..
TheScionicMan is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 08:10 PM   #39
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHDKoopman
i dont know vinny, i would say that the sal shit was def. a highlight of 06. i would imagine that was a huge reason why they picked the show today.

-jan
jhdkoopman@hotmail.com
I just checked it out again and the intro had Sal explaining the reason it was up there was for that aspect. That being said, I think the funnier and probably forgotten Sal prank was when Howard and the gang tried to convince him that Howard and Richard were really good friends to the point where they were working on a show!

For anyone who cares, the Top Ten is composed of bits you have to vote on, so they actually picked the Top ten moments, which I disagree with but here you go. Predictable list....I'm very pissed that Crazy Alice is not there...out of touch or lazy...I can't decide....

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/Conten...=1160595949289
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 08:12 PM   #40
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
Of course it was! and IMO, the Shock the Balls day is easily a Top 5 day. Not just the shocking parts but all the interaction between the two shows people.


My favorite line of the whole thing:

Im not racist… I’m just making assumptions based on statistics… -Sal Governale
That's a Top Five for Bubba fans....Bottom 50 IMHO.
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 09:36 PM   #41
packie juppet
Sirius Star
 
packie juppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2006
Posts: 3,919
packie juppet will become famous soon enoughpackie juppet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyM27
I just checked it out again and the intro had Sal explaining the reason it was up there was for that aspect. That being said, I think the funnier and probably forgotten Sal prank was when Howard and the gang tried to convince him that Howard and Richard were really good friends to the point where they were working on a show!

For anyone who cares, the Top Ten is composed of bits you have to vote on, so they actually picked the Top ten moments, which I disagree with but here you go. Predictable list....I'm very pissed that Crazy Alice is not there...out of touch or lazy...I can't decide....

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/Conten...=1160595949289
Part of the reason I didn't include Crazy Alice or Blue Iris and Riley Martin for that matter into the polls is that there were so many manipulations of the orginal content that were standout bits. The list I concocted was more for "events" or great guest appearances. The Blue Iris "are you stroking your cock?" isn't from the Stern show per se, but from the "Tissue Time with Blue Iris".

With Crazy Alice I think the start of her uprising happened after the prank that was played on her, the Sal prank where he informed Alice that her satellite was going to be cut off. It has the line..."Who dis?". But you can't just pinpoint that part alone, she had several moments...almost everyone an iinstant classic.

Riley would fall into the Alice realm as well. Too many to mention, all of them radio gold. You could throw Eric the Midget into the mix as well...too many to pinpoint, but his 'on again, off again' relationship to the show was what I found to be most intriguing.

When did the Sirius list go up?
packie juppet is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 09:52 PM   #42
Fergz99
Sirius Star
Disappointed with the BEST OF's
 
Join Date: Feb 24, 2005
Posts: 2,000
Fergz99 will become famous soon enough
Default

I could listen to Sal's apology forever. To me the apology, the Artie roast and Gary roast were the best things this year.

Hi, this is Sal Governale .......
Fergz99 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 10:05 PM   #43
usiphi203
Sirius Star
Disappointed with the BEST OF's
 
usiphi203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 25, 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,536
usiphi203 has a spectacular aura aboutusiphi203 has a spectacular aura about
Default

I'm loving it, these shows are great.
usiphi203 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-23-2006, 09:44 PM   #44
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packie juppet
Part of the reason I didn't include Crazy Alice or Blue Iris and Riley Martin for that matter into the polls is that there were so many manipulations of the orginal content that were standout bits. The list I concocted was more for "events" or great guest appearances. The Blue Iris "are you stroking your cock?" isn't from the Stern show per se, but from the "Tissue Time with Blue Iris".

With Crazy Alice I think the start of her uprising happened after the prank that was played on her, the Sal prank where he informed Alice that her satellite was going to be cut off. It has the line..."Who dis?". But you can't just pinpoint that part alone, she had several moments...almost everyone an iinstant classic.

Riley would fall into the Alice realm as well. Too many to mention, all of them radio gold. You could throw Eric the Midget into the mix as well...too many to pinpoint, but his 'on again, off again' relationship to the show was what I found to be most intriguing.

When did the Sirius list go up?

I think Alice's gold is when she and Artie got in that big shouting fight.

Riley's moment was actually played during the week (not sure what day, the May one?) when he called in and bitched about not getting paid. "Uh, look here, motherfuckers...". All those cheap jew comments and shit....Holy crap! I think those are the moments that make the show...Not Sal's constant gay stunts...Notice how the Artie Roast mostly became about Sal and Richard...Also notice how that show opens with Howard and the gang saying "Look, we are doing to shows today so stop bitching about vacations....". I would agree, but that's when Howard totally stopped showing up on Fridays....and right after that didn't they go on a vacation orgy all Summer, including two weeks off in August after the long July break?
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-24-2006, 08:54 AM   #45
Mrwirez
Loyal Listener
 
Mrwirez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 11, 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 117
Mrwirez is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

These "best of 2006" are pretty lame by the fact they not only repeat them all day, but are also repeating the same show today that was on thursday. Yesterday was fridays show or some BS. So what, they have 12 shows all year that were the best??? Who programmed this crap Gary the retard?? I have been a long time Stern fan since he arrived in Pittsburgh in the early nineties and slowly I am getting sick of the selling out. MTT and The Friday Show both suck too. The four day a week thing still gets my ass, but three weeks off and a twelve show rotation just blows. If not for Bubba I probably would have "churned" out this week. Tim Sabian had all year to pick the shows for the year end and program their high tech studio to play a different show all day everyday Howard is off. Total laziness and for a pay service the show could not be worse..... And to boot channel 101 is repeating channel 100 until 3 pm, how about the best of Bubba or SOMETHING???

You wouldn't know it by my rant, but I HAVE been a FAN since 1994 and have listened to just about every show, even when Howard was kicked off CC in 2004 I found a way to listen, but this is CRAP!

Last edited by Mrwirez; 12-24-2006 at 09:01 AM..
Mrwirez is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disappointed Stern fan (Sirius, what’s up?) jaggster SIRIUS Dogstar Cafe 24 01-17-2006 08:17 PM
Disappointed and frustrated. I could use some help here RedMax Install Garage & Help Desk 5 11-01-2005 07:49 PM
Disappointed w/ Audvox pnp3 car kit: alternatives? Duke of becker Install Garage & Help Desk 1 04-26-2005 10:27 AM
New Channel Lineup on Sirius I am disappointed about 1 thing Rob27 SIRIUS News, Talk, Entertainment & Traffic 5 07-09-2004 09:42 PM
EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED With Loss of Classical and New Age wharrell SIRIUS Jazz & Blues, Standards, Classical, Latin & Int'l 32 02-05-2004 10:53 AM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.