Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

Howard Stern Come here to discuss anything about his show or his two channels.
Please Note: You must request access to post in the Howard Stern Forum. Read more here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 12-20-2006, 10:18 PM   #1
JKoffler44
Rocket Scientist
 
JKoffler44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 15, 2006
Location: Geneva, IL
Posts: 712
JKoffler44 is on a distinguished road
Default Anthony from O&A on Stern!

Check this out! Anthony from O&A on Stern! Gary's comments at the end ring true! At the end Anthony says he is a big fan!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TsBFYjM-Z8

I got this link earlier but I am at work right now so I can't double check it. They blocked YouTube!!
JKoffler44 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-20-2006, 10:36 PM   #2
Rocinante
Mixologist
 
Join Date: Dec 04, 2005
Posts: 311
Rocinante is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Rocinante Send a message via AIM to Rocinante
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKoffler44
Check this out! Anthony from O&A on Stern! Gary's comments at the end ring true! At the end Anthony says he is a big fan!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TsBFYjM-Z8

I got this link earlier but I am at work right now so I can't double check it. They blocked YouTube!!
Thanks, but this is not anything new for us fans that know where OA stole their material. The video is a smoking gun. As an admitted big fan of Howard, Anthony would inevitably copy many of his bits and stunts because they were ingrained in his mind.
Rocinante is offline  
 
 
Old 12-20-2006, 10:49 PM   #3
Kurt@binvisions
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Apr 10, 2006
Posts: 56
Kurt@binvisions is on a distinguished road
Default

Yeah, I saw this video a couple years ago. It makes me mad everytime I see it.
Kurt@binvisions is offline  
 
 
Old 12-20-2006, 11:26 PM   #4
JKoffler44
Rocket Scientist
 
JKoffler44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 15, 2006
Location: Geneva, IL
Posts: 712
JKoffler44 is on a distinguished road
Default

He is one ugly dude!
JKoffler44 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 09:29 AM   #5
tonyho7476
Sirius Star
 
tonyho7476's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 15, 2006
Location: North Riverside IL
Posts: 1,809
tonyho7476 is on a distinguished road
Default

I think Anthony was actually auditioning for the show. I think he was hoping his Jackie impression would impress Howard and Howard would want him on the show. No one wants to be teamed up with an Opie.
__________________


4-18-07: Mark Buerhle Throws a No-hitter and I am in attendance!
tonyho7476 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 10:00 AM   #6
Jgatie
Sirius Star
Anthony from O&A on Stern!
 
Jgatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 5,283
Jgatie has a spectacular aura aboutJgatie has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyho7476
I think Anthony was actually auditioning for the show. I think he was hoping his Jackie impression would impress Howard and Howard would want him on the show. No one wants to be teamed up with an Opie.
Either that or he was there to "fix" K-Rocks HVAC system for the 1000th time. If that is the case, at least we know he was about as successful at HVAC repair as he is at radio.
Jgatie is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 10:34 AM   #7
hexonxonx
Mixologist
 
Join Date: May 31, 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 384
hexonxonx is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKoffler44
He is one ugly dude!
Do you think Howards is any better? They are both pretty ugly. It's why they are radio guys.

As for this thread, Anthony has never hid the fact that he was on Stern before. He has talked about it many times on the show. Just like the fact that Stern once did a XM radio commercial.
hexonxonx is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 10:45 AM   #8
RobbyP
Channel Surfer
 
RobbyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 15, 2005
Posts: 69
RobbyP is on a distinguished road
Default

Why/when was Stern in an XM commercial?
RobbyP is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 11:08 AM   #9
Jgatie
Sirius Star
Anthony from O&A on Stern!
 
Jgatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 5,283
Jgatie has a spectacular aura aboutJgatie has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexonxonx
Do you think Howards is any better? They are both pretty ugly. It's why they are radio guys.

As for this thread, Anthony has never hid the fact that he was on Stern before. He has talked about it many times on the show. Just like the fact that Stern once did a XM radio commercial.
However, he has stated that "Howard has not been on his game in 10 years" and O&A are "new and fresh." These statements were made less than ten years after he bowed at Howard's feet in that appearance.

Hex, you really make it so easy, don't you?
Jgatie is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 11:11 AM   #10
TIJUANA1
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: Jan 12, 2006
Posts: 1,258
TIJUANA1 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyP
Why/when was Stern in an XM commercial?
I think it was in 03-04. He read a live XM comercial during a commercial break for Father's day. Howard even had a XM banner on his website up unitl a month or 2 after he signed with sirius. Just a commercial....But of course they enjoy clinging on it as if it says anything.

The guy on appearing onthe Stern show SPEAKS VOLUMES of where their ideas came from. A while back, someone on another site (I think it was howardshrine)once posted a scanned picture of O/A's CD cover where they actually thank Howard.

SPEAKS VOLUMES, VOLUMES, I TELL YA! hehe
TIJUANA1 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 11:35 AM   #11
AlPuj
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Feb 13, 2006
Posts: 69
AlPuj is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante
Thanks, but this is not anything new for us fans that know where OA stole their material. The video is a smoking gun. As an admitted big fan of Howard, Anthony would inevitably copy many of his bits and stunts because they were ingrained in his mind.

So that would mean anybody you were a fan of, you copy? So Howard then copied anyone he was a fan of?
AlPuj is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 11:38 AM   #12
AlPuj
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Feb 13, 2006
Posts: 69
AlPuj is on a distinguished road
Default

sorry double post
AlPuj is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 11:41 AM   #13
Jgatie
Sirius Star
Anthony from O&A on Stern!
 
Jgatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 5,283
Jgatie has a spectacular aura aboutJgatie has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPuj
So that would mean anybody you were a fan of, you copy? So Howard then copied anyone he was a fan of?
Strawman argument. Look it up.
Jgatie is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 11:42 AM   #14
goreds2
Sirius Star
 
goreds2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2005
Location: XM Country
Posts: 2,056
goreds2 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyP
Why/when was Stern in an XM commercial?
EVERYONE ENJOY:

AUDIO

http://www.xmfan.com/download.php?id=8771
__________________
* On My IGNORE List: Jgatie

** Jgatie quote to me: "Start sticking your pointy little head in where it doesn't belong and I'll get a mod to go all xzi on your ass. That's a promise."

http://www.sirius.com/thevirus

MEL: Please add RADIO MARGARITAVILLE to Best of SIRIUS package.

* Eddie and TRACY Radio Show 3pm-6pm est. on XM173 (WLW)

Two XM MyFi's (One for son / One for me with BEST OF SIRIUS)
One XM Delphi In Home Repeater
One SIRIUS Stratus 4 in Mrs. goreds2 Car
goreds2 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-21-2006, 11:48 AM   #15
Jgatie
Sirius Star
Anthony from O&A on Stern!
 
Jgatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 5,283
Jgatie has a spectacular aura aboutJgatie has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goreds2
Howard used to do commercials for Infinity Broadcasting and CBS at the time, too. Exactly what does this prove except radio hosts are sometimes asked to read on-air commercials? Geez you "pests" cling to the stupidest things. The friggin' gag order holds up to more scrutiny and analysis. Goreds, I'm ashamed of you. I take back the times I said you were too smart to mention easily quashed O&A talking points. You actually aren't that smart after all.
Jgatie is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why doesnt Howard fight back with O and A ? dawk20 Howard Stern 212 04-03-2006 04:54 PM
HOWARD STERN Newsweek Article Dec 12,2005 charliejay SIRIUS News, Talk, Entertainment & Traffic 2 12-04-2005 05:50 PM
Life without Stern isn't looking pretty rlith The Street 15 02-01-2005 03:15 AM
Stern to Move From Viacom To Satellite Broadcaster Sirius testforecho SIRIUS Dogstar Cafe 20 10-08-2004 08:28 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.