Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

Howard Stern Come here to discuss anything about his show or his two channels.
Please Note: You must request access to post in the Howard Stern Forum. Read more here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 01-09-2007, 10:41 AM   #31
goreds2
Sirius Star
 
goreds2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2005
Location: XM Country
Posts: 2,056
goreds2 is on a distinguished road
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusDC5
Today's show proves how much Howard and the main Stern cast dislike their jobs, and really don't want to be there.

If this were really such a critical situation where people NEEDED to be evacuated, then what were John Hine and BaBa Booey doing continuing on with the After-Show? Not to mention the gay channel, as well as Benjy, et al.

This, plus the seemingly incessant vacations, just shows Howard and the main crew are just going through the motions.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the show, but it kind of sucks knowing Howard doesn't really want to be there.
DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. (SIRI) announced that it has given affiliates of shock jock Howard Stern 22.1 million shares, worth $82.9 million, for the company again surpassing subscriber targets.

Stern signed a five-year cash-and-stock deal with Sirius in October 2004 initially worth $500 million to depart terrestrial radio, his home for more than 20 years, most with Viacom Inc. (VIA).

Sirius said the company beat its pre-Stern subscriber target for year-end 2006 by more than 2 million. When Stern signed his contract, analysts on average projected Sirius' subscribership to be about 3.5 million at the end of 2006.

The firm disclosed Friday that it finished last year with 6 million subscribers, continuing to close the gap with larger rival XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. (XMSR), which has 7.6 million.

Stern's broadcasts for Sirius began one year ago today.

Stern and his agent, Don Buchwald, were awarded a total of 34.4 million Sirius shares for Sirius' 2005 subscriber growth ahead of Stern's arrival.

Under the terms of the contract, Stern is due "substantial stock-based incentive payments" if Sirius significantly exceeds various undisclosed sales targets or if it acquires "material amounts of subscribers during the term directly and trackably through Stern's efforts."

At the time of Stern's contract signing, Sirius had about 600,000 subscribers.

-Kevin Kingsbury; Dow Jones Newswires; 201-938-5963
__________________
* On My IGNORE List: Jgatie

** Jgatie quote to me: "Start sticking your pointy little head in where it doesn't belong and I'll get a mod to go all xzi on your ass. That's a promise."

http://www.sirius.com/thevirus

MEL: Please add RADIO MARGARITAVILLE to Best of SIRIUS package.

* Eddie and TRACY Radio Show 3pm-6pm est. on XM173 (WLW)

Two XM MyFi's (One for son / One for me with BEST OF SIRIUS)
One XM Delphi In Home Repeater
One SIRIUS Stratus 4 in Mrs. goreds2 Car
goreds2 is offline  
 
 
Old 01-09-2007, 10:55 AM   #32
TIJUANA1
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: Jan 12, 2006
Posts: 1,258
TIJUANA1 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goreds2
DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. (SIRI) announced that it has given affiliates of shock jock Howard Stern 22.1 million shares, worth $82.9 million, for the company again surpassing subscriber targets.

Stern signed a five-year cash-and-stock deal with Sirius in October 2004 initially worth $500 million to depart terrestrial radio, his home for more than 20 years, most with Viacom Inc. (VIA).

Sirius said the company beat its pre-Stern subscriber target for year-end 2006 by more than 2 million. When Stern signed his contract, analysts on average projected Sirius' subscribership to be about 3.5 million at the end of 2006.

The firm disclosed Friday that it finished last year with 6 million subscribers, continuing to close the gap with larger rival XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. (XMSR), which has 7.6 million.

Stern's broadcasts for Sirius began one year ago today.

Stern and his agent, Don Buchwald, were awarded a total of 34.4 million Sirius shares for Sirius' 2005 subscriber growth ahead of Stern's arrival.

Under the terms of the contract, Stern is due "substantial stock-based incentive payments" if Sirius significantly exceeds various undisclosed sales targets or if it acquires "material amounts of subscribers during the term directly and trackably through Stern's efforts."

At the time of Stern's contract signing, Sirius had about 600,000 subscribers.

-Kevin Kingsbury; Dow Jones Newswires; 201-938-5963

Stalk much? Good for Howard!
TIJUANA1 is offline  
 
 
Old 01-09-2007, 11:02 AM   #33
Jgatie
Sirius Star
It seems Howard just doesn't like doing the show anymore.
 
Jgatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 5,283
Jgatie has a spectacular aura aboutJgatie has a spectacular aura about
Default

Annnnd in other breaking news: O&A had their 2006 incentives taken away from them when it was revealed that watering down their show and giving it away on Free FM has actually caused XM to reduce expectations and lose a significant amount of sub renewals. Anthony replied "It was only 10 shares apiece and a set of XM feety pajamas, no big deal." Meanwhile, Opie was heard whining in the background about his "cold tootsies". More at 11:00 (actually, there won't be more at 11:00, because no news agency would spend any time on O&A in the first place).

Last edited by Jgatie; 01-09-2007 at 11:10 AM..
Jgatie is offline  
 
 
Old 01-09-2007, 11:28 AM   #34
Horse Renoir
Loyal Listener
 
Horse Renoir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 21, 2005
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 201
Horse Renoir is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goreds2
DOW JONES NEWSWIRES
Okay.
__________________
TEAM JD

"There's french fries coming out of my nose!"

Horse Renoir is offline  
 
 
Old 01-09-2007, 11:47 AM   #35
jam master jay
Mixologist
 
jam master jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 25, 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 425
jam master jay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

They were talking on the wrap-up show about "Howard's work ethic" and how great it was. I almost had to pull the car over from laughing so hard. Only, Gary was actually being serious.

Howard, at one time, had a great work ethic. Now, it seems painfully obvious that he does just enough to satisfy his contract, and nothing more. He probably has a calendar where he marks off each day he has left with a big X. And, if this isn't true, it sure comes off that way to the average fan listening to his show every day. There was no need to evacuate yesterday, no one else in NYC did - but it gives you a little picture of where his head is at these days. It isn't doing live radio anymore, unfortunately.
jam master jay is offline  
 
 
Old 01-09-2007, 11:56 AM   #36
Jgatie
Sirius Star
It seems Howard just doesn't like doing the show anymore.
 
Jgatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 5,283
Jgatie has a spectacular aura aboutJgatie has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam master jay
They were talking on the wrap-up show about "Howard's work ethic" and how great it was. I almost had to pull the car over from laughing so hard. Only, Gary was actually being serious.

Howard, at one time, had a great work ethic. Now, it seems painfully obvious that he does just enough to satisfy his contract, and nothing more. He probably has a calendar where he marks off each day he has left with a big X. And, if this isn't true, it sure comes off that way to the average fan listening to his show every day. There was no need to evacuate yesterday, no one else in NYC did - but it gives you a little picture of where his head is at these days. It isn't doing live radio anymore, unfortunately.
You are so full of shit I'm seriously starting to believe you are a "pest" in hiding. His contract calls for 4 hours a day, 4 days a week with 10 weeks vacation. Everytime he goes over 4 hours, which is 95% of the time, he is doing more than satisfying his contract. For the first 6 months, every time he worked a Friday, he was doing more than satisfying his contract. Trust me, you aren't the "average fan listening to his show every day". You just may be an O&A plant though, judging by your posting history.

Oh, and read the friggin' newspaper. Not only did they evacuate workplaces and schools in NYC yesterday, they evacuated Macy's for cripes sake. Do you know how much money that cost Macy's to shutdown it's retail store for a couple hours? Do you think they would have lost that much if there wasn't a possible danger? Take off the blinders dude, or go back to wackbag.com.
Jgatie is offline  
 
 
Old 01-09-2007, 12:25 PM   #37
TheScionicMan
Sirius Star
 
TheScionicMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 14, 2006
Location: In the Hot Tub
Posts: 8,433
TheScionicMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheScionicMan has a spectacular aura about
Default

It's not fair to compare the HSS to OutQ during yesterday's crisis. If there were to be an evacuation of the city, Howard and crew needed time to gather their important stuff. The guys on OutQ, on the other hand, already had their shit packed...
__________________
--------------------------------

LUABASI
TheScionicMan is offline  
 
 
Old 01-09-2007, 12:25 PM   #38
Jgatie
Sirius Star
It seems Howard just doesn't like doing the show anymore.
 
Jgatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 5,283
Jgatie has a spectacular aura aboutJgatie has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
It's not fair to compare the HSS to OutQ during yesterday's crisis. If there were to be an evacuation of the city, Howard and crew needed time to gather their important stuff. The guys on OutQ, on the other hand, already had their shit packed...
WE SAY YOUR NAME!!!
Jgatie is offline  
 
 
Old 01-09-2007, 12:56 PM   #39
sgniwder
Mixologist
 
sgniwder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 16, 2005
Location: Somewhere over the USA
Posts: 466
sgniwder is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
It's not fair to compare the HSS to OutQ during yesterday's crisis. If there were to be an evacuation of the city, Howard and crew needed time to gather their important stuff. The guys on OutQ, on the other hand, already had their shit packed...
Now that's funny!
__________________
It seems Howard just doesn't like doing the show anymore.
sgniwder is offline  
 
 
Old 01-09-2007, 01:26 PM   #40
Sirius_Fanatic
Rocket Scientist
 
Sirius_Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 09, 2006
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 647
Sirius_Fanatic is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam master jay
They were talking on the wrap-up show about "Howard's work ethic" and how great it was. I almost had to pull the car over from laughing so hard. Only, Gary was actually being serious.

Howard, at one time, had a great work ethic. Now, it seems painfully obvious that he does just enough to satisfy his contract, and nothing more. He probably has a calendar where he marks off each day he has left with a big X. And, if this isn't true, it sure comes off that way to the average fan listening to his show every day. There was no need to evacuate yesterday, no one else in NYC did - but it gives you a little picture of where his head is at these days. It isn't doing live radio anymore, unfortunately.

Bullshit! why even waste your time listening if you feel that way?
Sirius_Fanatic is offline  
 
 
Old 01-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #41
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgatie
You are so full of shit I'm seriously starting to believe you are a "pest" in hiding. His contract calls for 4 hours a day, 4 days a week with 10 weeks vacation. Everytime he goes over 4 hours, which is 95% of the time, he is doing more than satisfying his contract. For the first 6 months, every time he worked a Friday, he was doing more than satisfying his contract. Trust me, you aren't the "average fan listening to his show every day". You just may be an O&A plant though, judging by your posting history.

Oh, and read the friggin' newspaper. Not only did they evacuate workplaces and schools in NYC yesterday, they evacuated Macy's for cripes sake. Do you know how much money that cost Macy's to shutdown it's retail store for a couple hours? Do you think they would have lost that much if there wasn't a possible danger? Take off the blinders dude, or go back to wackbag.com.
The guy is a fan, not an O&A douchebag. Seriously, yesterday was strange and while I at first thought that Howard was kind of shoved out because people were concerend about this safety, he just went to his apartment were it stank. At least Robin was totally honest everytime he kept saying (we went til 10 and that's what we are supposed to do)...when was the last time Howard went to 10 or close to it other than the 9/11 special....when he insisted on leaving early (ending up being that he was holding a press confrence about the lawsuit). It was an excuse and maybe we could forgive him if it wasn't for the excessive vacation. Artie just sounds like he is done with the show!
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
Old 01-09-2007, 04:53 PM   #42
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
It's not fair to compare the HSS to OutQ during yesterday's crisis. If there were to be an evacuation of the city, Howard and crew needed time to gather their important stuff. The guys on OutQ, on the other hand, already had their shit packed...
Jackie?
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
Old 01-09-2007, 05:37 PM   #43
Die_LaMattres
Sirius Star
 
Die_LaMattres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 22, 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,191
Die_LaMattres is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam master jay
They were talking on the wrap-up show about "Howard's work ethic" and how great it was. I almost had to pull the car over from laughing so hard. Only, Gary was actually being serious.
Hahahahaha....I heard Gary say that as well. Never realized he was such an accomplished actor.
Die_LaMattres is offline  
 
 
Old 01-09-2007, 06:20 PM   #44
v1ru5
Sirius Star
 
v1ru5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Staten Island,NY
Posts: 2,732
v1ru5 is on a distinguished road
Default

Self preservation is the first law of nature...If Howard felt the need to vacate the building I see no problem.
v1ru5 is offline  
 
 
Old 01-09-2007, 07:07 PM   #45
tman1233
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Jan 16, 2006
Posts: 131
tman1233 is on a distinguished road
Default

I wonder how many people here that have called Howard and the staff pussies are from New York and lived there on 911. Some how I bet not many if any. When you have something like that happen in your back yard you tend to have a little bit different look at things. So when something that hit the majority of the city, I am sure you want to cut and run. I do not blame them.

I live in a town that was hit by a terriost attack in 1994. Seems that a man drove a Ryder truck in front of a building, set a timer and then walked away. So you have a different look when something bad happens. Oh, we also had the largest tornado on record roll thru our town in 99. So I know about bad things happening.

It turns out it seems to be nothing, but how were they suppose to know that at the time. Cut them some slack, they saw 9/11 in real life and not on TV. TV does not do it justice, like it didn't back on April 19, 1994 and May 3, 1999.

Last edited by tman1233; 01-09-2007 at 07:15 PM..
tman1233 is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
howard stern show stream online ? the real truth? tonym Howard Stern 1 04-11-2006 10:28 PM
David Lee Roth talks to Howard 100 news DaveyD The Doghouse 4 03-09-2006 08:00 PM
Oprah goes on Howard! The Transcript! jrinck Howard Stern 6 02-12-2006 06:47 AM
Future of the Howard Stern E! show vansmack SIRIUS News, Talk, Entertainment & Traffic 4 12-08-2004 12:46 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.