Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

Howard Stern Come here to discuss anything about his show or his two channels.
Please Note: You must request access to post in the Howard Stern Forum. Read more here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 01-20-2007, 06:01 PM   #16
packie juppet
Sirius Star
 
packie juppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2006
Posts: 3,919
packie juppet will become famous soon enoughpackie juppet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodium
I could care less about Mutt or that show. The others are right, they have spent nil on "programming two great channels." Need I remind anyone that Bubba is working pro bono at the moment?
Scotty can't be working for very much, he ends up as a pariah wherever he works after about 6 months. He burns a lot of bridges. Howard was lucky to get anyone, even Scotty Ferrel to buy into his 'Revolution', though I wonder how long Scotty will last before he explodes.

Bubba has said that his pay doesn't offset his own studio/staff costs and has been making noise about getting a raise. That said, I would imagine that the hillbilly word maker is staying put in hopes that after half a decade Howard hangs up the radio soundboard.

Howard's original vision was to have Adam Carolla involved, but when Adam asked about the money, Howard talked about artistic vision and no censorship and FCC, when Adam asked again about money, Howard said, 'It's not about the money". Hence Adam's decision to deal with the FCC(he's a much, much smaller target than Howard, who isn't?)and to have his own artistic vision while making a boat load of money at Howard's old West Coast CBS stations. After a year Adam's vision for the show has been trampled on by Joel Hollander with the advent of Danny Bonaduce, but Adam is still capable of being very funny even with the unwanted interuptions from the douche. I think Adam comes out ahead on this one because his money is in the bank and if need be he could always go into satellite later.

Even Danny Bonaduce left for "greener" pastures via TV and Free FM. Sirius dodged a bullet by not hiring him, believe me.

What does all this mean? No, it doesn't mean I'm a troll, it means the reputation that Howard has for being cheap follows him to this day, regardless if it be heresay or not. Howard can be a very generous person to a select few, he can even be generous outside of being monetarily generous, why else would Stuttering John be able to keep a job for as long as he did, regardless of how piss poor it may have payed?

I guess what it comes down to is this; what really is the Stern definition of 'Revolution' or of 'Phase 2'? And is Phase 2 completed, are we entering into Phase 3? What is 'Phase 3', could it be layoffs, mergers and a shortened work week?

And yes for all of you walking wounded...I am a fan.

Let's keep the dialog fresh and the questions relevant. Let's not be displeased because this board isn't 100% Sterntablefan Mouthpiece Roundwork. If we're ignored by the inner circle and their minions, then so be it. There are already enough of those 'other shows' and message boards. Opposition of ideas should never revert into name calling or gender bashing. Come on...we're better than that.
packie juppet is offline  
 
 
Old 01-21-2007, 12:33 AM   #17
SpokkerJones
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Sep 09, 2005
Posts: 228
SpokkerJones is on a distinguished road
Default

It's obvious that Howard is getting most of the money while his channels get none of it. I think $100 million a year DOES sound about right for his salary. Programming costs for two channels my ass.

But here's some money Ralph you freeloading peice of shit cocksucker. Should have given it to Penny Crone who does more work in a day than Ralph ever did.
SpokkerJones is offline  
 
 
Old 01-21-2007, 10:22 AM   #18
ghostwriter
Loyal Listener
 
ghostwriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 26, 2005
Location: E'ville,IN.
Posts: 169
ghostwriter is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaniemac
for once, I wanted to hear this horrible show so I could see mutt squirm when the calls came in.

I bet he was backpeddaling more than carmelo anthony after he threw that sucker punch a couple weeks ago.
Mutt just made a mistake, it happens. But backpedaled? I wouldn't think Mutt needed too! he was very remorseful. The guy got a little camera happy and it's understood. this was a big event for Mutt and everyone who were invited, being at Heather and Bubba's wedding. The feeling is he would have gotten away with posting a few pictures. however he posted a shit load on SFN, some the lighting was bad, the angles way off! overall you take pictures at private events for keep sakes, not to post all over the damn Internet. He learned a valuable lesson. everyone knows Howard Stern is a little uptight about having his unapproved pictures posted on the Internet or published in news papers.
ghostwriter is offline  
 
 
Old 01-21-2007, 11:20 AM   #19
k9feces
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 1,167
k9feces is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwriter
Mutt just made a mistake, it happens. But backpedaled? I wouldn't think Mutt needed too! he was very remorseful. The guy got a little camera happy and it's understood. this was a big event for Mutt and everyone who were invited, being at Heather and Bubba's wedding. The feeling is he would have gotten away with posting a few pictures. however he posted a shit load on SFN, some the lighting was bad, the angles way off! overall you take pictures at private events for keep sakes, not to post all over the damn Internet. He learned a valuable lesson. everyone knows Howard Stern is a little uptight about having his unapproved pictures posted on the Internet or published in news papers.
The pictures from Stern's birthday
k9feces is offline  
 
 
Old 01-21-2007, 12:30 PM   #20
beaniemac
Sirius Star
 
beaniemac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 05, 2006
Location: Chicago (South Side)
Posts: 1,726
beaniemac will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to beaniemac
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packie juppet
Scotty can't be working for very much, he ends up as a pariah wherever he works after about 6 months. He burns a lot of bridges. Howard was lucky to get anyone, even Scotty Ferrel to buy into his 'Revolution', though I wonder how long Scotty will last before he explodes.

Bubba has said that his pay doesn't offset his own studio/staff costs and has been making noise about getting a raise. That said, I would imagine that the hillbilly word maker is staying put in hopes that after half a decade Howard hangs up the radio soundboard.

Howard's original vision was to have Adam Carolla involved, but when Adam asked about the money, Howard talked about artistic vision and no censorship and FCC, when Adam asked again about money, Howard said, 'It's not about the money". Hence Adam's decision to deal with the FCC(he's a much, much smaller target than Howard, who isn't?)and to have his own artistic vision while making a boat load of money at Howard's old West Coast CBS stations. After a year Adam's vision for the show has been trampled on by Joel Hollander with the advent of Danny Bonaduce, but Adam is still capable of being very funny even with the unwanted interuptions from the douche. I think Adam comes out ahead on this one because his money is in the bank and if need be he could always go into satellite later.

Even Danny Bonaduce left for "greener" pastures via TV and Free FM. Sirius dodged a bullet by not hiring him, believe me.

What does all this mean? No, it doesn't mean I'm a troll, it means the reputation that Howard has for being cheap follows him to this day, regardless if it be heresay or not. Howard can be a very generous person to a select few, he can even be generous outside of being monetarily generous, why else would Stuttering John be able to keep a job for as long as he did, regardless of how piss poor it may have payed?

I guess what it comes down to is this; what really is the Stern definition of 'Revolution' or of 'Phase 2'? And is Phase 2 completed, are we entering into Phase 3? What is 'Phase 3', could it be layoffs, mergers and a shortened work week?

And yes for all of you walking wounded...I am a fan.

Let's keep the dialog fresh and the questions relevant. Let's not be displeased because this board isn't 100% Sterntablefan Mouthpiece Roundwork. If we're ignored by the inner circle and their minions, then so be it. There are already enough of those 'other shows' and message boards. Opposition of ideas should never revert into name calling or gender bashing. Come on...we're better than that.
thats hilarious howard telling anyone that "its not about the money". I mean thats total horse sh*t.
beaniemac is offline  
 
 
Old 01-21-2007, 12:57 PM   #21
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaniemac
thats hilarious howard telling anyone that "its not about the money". I mean thats total horse sh*t.
I realize that isn't Howard's business what people make for the supporting shows. He's only a figurehead, and seems to have seperated himself nicely from any responbility when it comes to those shows. That being said, I really hope the Stern crew is making good money, at least! If not, that's really shitty!
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
Old 01-21-2007, 05:16 PM   #22
beaniemac
Sirius Star
 
beaniemac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 05, 2006
Location: Chicago (South Side)
Posts: 1,726
beaniemac will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to beaniemac
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyM27
I realize that isn't Howard's business what people make for the supporting shows. He's only a figurehead, and seems to have seperated himself nicely from any responbility when it comes to those shows. That being said, I really hope the Stern crew is making good money, at least! If not, that's really shitty!
I think its pretty obvious, the only people makin good money on the show are artie, robin, fred, and gary. and I'm assuming scott the engineer is too since he been with them so long. and lets not forget ralphy cakes. we all know he's gettin paper no matter what.
beaniemac is offline  
 
 
Old 01-21-2007, 09:02 PM   #23
VinnyM27
Sirius Star
 
VinnyM27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 4,116
VinnyM27 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaniemac
I think its pretty obvious, the only people makin good money on the show are artie, robin, fred, and gary. and I'm assuming scott the engineer is too since he been with them so long. and lets not forget ralphy cakes. we all know he's gettin paper no matter what.
Yeah, and those are the people that i hope are making so many....and Jackie, for old times sake...but I highly doubt he is making much more than Riley.
VinnyM27 is offline  
 
 
Old 01-22-2007, 07:07 AM   #24
freakin
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Dec 05, 2006
Posts: 53
freakin is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaniemac
for once, I wanted to hear this horrible show so I could see mutt squirm when the calls came in.

I bet he was backpeddaling more than carmelo anthony after he threw that sucker punch a couple weeks ago.
I completely concur with your 'horrible show' comment. Since when does Superfan mean Supersuckup? I love Howard's show to death, but what kind of true fan is happy 24/7, we are some surly mother effers.
freakin is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why is Mutt always screaming on the Superfan Roundtable? beaniemac Howard Stern 17 01-11-2007 06:18 PM
Superfan Roundtable last night sconi1 Howard Stern 4 05-13-2006 01:11 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.