Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

Insiders Blog Stay informed on the latest happenings in satellite radio. With news, events, products and reviews, we bring you the highlights of the SIRIUS Universe and beyond.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 08-29-2005, 09:37 AM   #196
TX WJ
Top Dog Member
New SIRIUS Programming Lineup
 
TX WJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 25, 2002
Location: Driving The Carolinas
Posts: 11,177
TX WJ will become famous soon enoughTX WJ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to TX WJ Send a message via MSN to TX WJ
Default Re: Remix Is Going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX WJ
Sirius is not programmed to meet just your needs or just my needs, it is programmed to attract and retain the most customers.
True. But lately the only needs being met are those from Sprint and religious programming. BTW, why do you constantly feel the need to defend everything SIRIUS does?
Why do you feel the need to attack everything that they do? They make decisions based on attracting and keeping subscribers. This means that they need to be all things to all people. This is difficult to do, especially when some people throw tantrums like a spoiled 5 year old when they don't get their way.

Sirius has something for all of us. Most likely all of Sirius will not be for us. You and you alone can make the decision if the value you get is worth the money you spend for it.
__________________
Sirius Subscriber Since July 02, Sirius Lifetime Subscriber.

Sirius Factory Install with JBL / Voice Activated Navigation in 2009 Camry XLE V-6

Sirius Sportser 4 & Factory XM installed in 06 Odyssey

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill. That we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
TX WJ is offline  
 
 
Old 08-29-2005, 01:08 PM   #197
zeusvh
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Oct 29, 2004
Posts: 69
zeusvh is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusvh
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulaneJeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMonk
We have the Spectrum, Disorder and now Super Shuffle. Disorder jumps genres a lot so I see that one being different. But Spectrum and Super Shuffle???
The Spectrum is mostly rock. Disorder is an ecelectic mix of rock as well. Super Shuffle will incorporate the top hits from all genres, including country, pop, rock and others.

Jeff
Sirius Disorder is NOT just a "mix of rock" Do you even listen to it? I do, all the time. I hear plenty of Classical, Opera, Hymns, along with Classic County, Standards, Jazz and Blues, and yes, Rock!!!!!

If anything, Shuffle will be less eclectic than Disorder. Not knocking it, I love the mix type stations, just saying it will probably be more main stream (hits) then Disorder or Spectrum.
I forgot mention rap too.
__________________
Thank you for your time and attention.
zeusvh

[t:985f6f42a4]u=zeusvh&f=goodfish&s=14&c=0000FF[/t:985f6f42a4]

[wtd:985f6f42a4][/wtd:985f6f42a4]
zeusvh is offline  
 
 
Old 08-29-2005, 02:41 PM   #198
Chad
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 06, 2004
Posts: 2,724
Chad will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Chad Send a message via MSN to Chad Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX WJ
Why do you feel the need to attack everything that they do? They make decisions based on attracting and keeping subscribers. This means that they need to be all things to all people. This is difficult to do, especially when some people throw tantrums like a spoiled 5 year old when they don't get their way.

Sirius has something for all of us. Most likely all of Sirius will not be for us. You and you alone can make the decision if the value you get is worth the money you spend for it.
I only "attack" SIRIUS when they deserve it. It's called giving customer feedback. I love SIRIUS as much as the next guy, but when they start pulling crap like censoring songs, you can be damn sure I'm going to bitch and complain. Why? Because I PAY for this service. And I'm sure sure that goes for everyone else here...even us spoiled 5-year-olds.
Chad is offline  
 
 
Old 08-29-2005, 02:42 PM   #199
danwxman
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 12, 2004
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 820
danwxman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to danwxman
Default Re: Remix Is Going

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX WJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX WJ
Sirius is not programmed to meet just your needs or just my needs, it is programmed to attract and retain the most customers.
True. But lately the only needs being met are those from Sprint and religious programming. BTW, why do you constantly feel the need to defend everything SIRIUS does?
Why do you feel the need to attack everything that they do? They make decisions based on attracting and keeping subscribers. This means that they need to be all things to all people. This is difficult to do, especially when some people throw tantrums like a spoiled 5 year old when they don't get their way.

Sirius has something for all of us. Most likely all of Sirius will not be for us. You and you alone can make the decision if the value you get is worth the money you spend for it.
I understand Sirius has to stay afloat but at what point does it become so much like FM that there's no point anymore...I am very disturbed by the new Christian and "Jack" formats at the expense of some of the niche channels.
__________________
[t:0c42dc15f4]u=danwxman&f=verdana&s=11&c=00008B[/t:0c42dc15f4]
danwxman is offline  
 
 
Old 08-29-2005, 03:52 PM   #200
linedrivehit
Mixologist
 
linedrivehit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 27, 2004
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 472
linedrivehit is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by linedrivehit
But is it commercial free? Didn't think so.
OK, then get an iPod and stick it on shuffle.

I prefer elegantly and intelligently programmed channels.
Who cares what you prefer? I am paying for Sirius for what I prefer, not for what you prefer. You are quite presumptuous to assume anyone gives a crap about your peferences. I dont know a single subscriber that is paying for Sirius because they thought of you. Get your own iPOd and I'll tell you where to stick it.
__________________
linedrivehit is offline  
 
 
Old 08-29-2005, 03:59 PM   #201
Amnesia
Sirius Star
 
Amnesia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,035
Amnesia is on a distinguished road
Default

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?
__________________
Amnesia is offline  
 
 
Old 08-29-2005, 04:02 PM   #202
SISO
Sirius Star
 
SISO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 20, 2004
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 7,591
SISO will become famous soon enoughSISO will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SISO Send a message via MSN to SISO Send a message via Yahoo to SISO
Default

Calm it down, don't make me lock this.
__________________
SISO is offline  
 
 
Old 08-29-2005, 04:16 PM   #203
linedrivehit
Mixologist
 
linedrivehit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 27, 2004
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 472
linedrivehit is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia
Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?
No, just tired of you "correcting" everyone else's posts, splitting hairs, and generally just trying to aggravate people. You typically dont have anything constructive to add to a thread, your goal appears to be nothing more than to try to stir up something. All one has to do is to go to your profile and click on your posts to see that is your history.
__________________
linedrivehit is offline  
 
 
Old 08-29-2005, 04:37 PM   #204
Amnesia
Sirius Star
 
Amnesia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,035
Amnesia is on a distinguished road
Default

If you're upset because we disagree in one of the Politcal Asylyum threads, you should try to keep it there and not pollute a general thread like this.

My comment in this thread was no different from many others'.
__________________
Amnesia is offline  
 
 
Old 08-29-2005, 04:52 PM   #205
linedrivehit
Mixologist
 
linedrivehit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 27, 2004
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 472
linedrivehit is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia
If you're upset because we disagree in one of the Politcal Asylyum threads, you should try to keep it there and not pollute a general thread like this.

My comment in this thread was no different from many others'.
Nope, just upset you have the audacity to tell me to get an iPod if I dont listen to your "elegantly and intelligently programmed channels". I dont even listen to that Pop 40 crap, I listen to jazz music. I was simply stating that just because a format is played on regular radio doesnt mean that it isnt needed on Sirius, because Sirius is commercial-free.....which is a big selling point for satellite radio. Your smartass reply added nothing to the discussion.
__________________
linedrivehit is offline  
 
 
Old 08-29-2005, 04:57 PM   #206
Amnesia
Sirius Star
 
Amnesia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,035
Amnesia is on a distinguished road
Default

I don't listen to Pop 40 music either. Let's take jazz, then.

Which would you rather have:
  • A jazz channel programmed by someone who really knows jazz and can give meaningful blocks of programming that sounds good together a/o has a common theme, style, history, etc.
  • A jazz channel that plays a random selection of songs characterized as "jazz"
__________________
Amnesia is offline  
 
 
Old 08-29-2005, 05:02 PM   #207
linedrivehit
Mixologist
 
linedrivehit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 27, 2004
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 472
linedrivehit is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia
I don't listen to Pop 40 music either. Let's take jazz, then.

Which would you rather have:
  • A jazz channel programmed by someone who really knows jazz and can give meaningful blocks of programming that sounds good together a/o has a common theme, style, history, etc.
  • A jazz channel that plays a random selection of songs characterized as "jazz"
Of course the channel programmed by someone who really knows jazz. Which is precisely my point - an iPod wouldn't do the trick.

Maybe we just need to call a truce and stipulate that there has been some misunderstanding go from here.
__________________
linedrivehit is offline  
 
 
Old 08-29-2005, 05:05 PM   #208
Amnesia
Sirius Star
 
Amnesia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,035
Amnesia is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linedrivehit
Of course the channel programmed by someone who really knows jazz. Which is precisely my point - an iPod wouldn't do the trick.

Maybe we just need to call a truce and stipulate that there has been some misunderstanding go from here.
Yes. It sounds like we agree (hard to imagine, I know).
__________________
Amnesia is offline  
 
 
Old 08-30-2005, 01:01 AM   #209
danwxman
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 12, 2004
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 820
danwxman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to danwxman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linedrivehit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia
Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?
No, just tired of you "correcting" everyone else's posts, splitting hairs, and generally just trying to aggravate people. You typically dont have anything constructive to add to a thread, your goal appears to be nothing more than to try to stir up something. All one has to do is to go to your profile and click on your posts to see that is your history.
Amnesia is just an XM troll who has been able to walk a very thin line without getting banned.
__________________
[t:0c42dc15f4]u=danwxman&f=verdana&s=11&c=00008B[/t:0c42dc15f4]
danwxman is offline  
 
 
Old 08-30-2005, 01:03 AM   #210
builder j
Loyal Listener
 
builder j's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2005
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 131
builder j is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 608zz
WolfViper,
You should make sure you're logged in first, then reload this page and you should see the Edit button on your post with the offending image. You can then format the image as a clickable URL (use the URL-tag format too) to make this page return to a more managable size.
I deleted it. Jeff had a link to this in his original post, so it really doesn't need to be directly posted to the forum.
So does this mean we'll just have to wait until 9/29 to get a printable copy of the new lineup?

(PS: WolfViper, thanks for the effort.)
__________________
SBS # 10,009; SIRIUSly enjoying radio since 8/15/2004
Home/Work: Audiovox PNP2 w/home dock; S50 w/home kit
Mobile: SIR-GM1
2008 SBS Tourney Pick'em League winner!!
builder j is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.