Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

Insiders Blog Stay informed on the latest happenings in satellite radio. With news, events, products and reviews, we bring you the highlights of the SIRIUS Universe and beyond.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 02-13-2006, 11:49 PM   #16
sportboy
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Jul 06, 2005
Posts: 234
sportboy is on a distinguished road
Default Michigan Made

Is it good enough reception to plunk down the money every month?

Aside from the Sirius info, how do you like your phone overall? The biggest complaint with phone seems to be the battery life.
sportboy is offline  
 
 
Old 02-14-2006, 07:49 AM   #17
Michigan Made
Forum Administrator
Sprint Sanyo MM 9000 with Sirius
 
Join Date: Jan 03, 2005
Posts: 8,415
Michigan Made is a jewel in the roughMichigan Made is a jewel in the roughMichigan Made is a jewel in the rough
Default

I have had Sprint for 5 years now. I have never had an issue, except on my drive accross the country in the central US.

I really do love this phone, I haven't even used all the features. The phone was expensive, but I got to save $150 by renewing my contract.

This is a great phone, I am glad that I got it.
__________________



Michigan Made is offline  
 
 
Old 02-14-2006, 11:00 AM   #18
soxnationonline
Top Dog Member
 
soxnationonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 25, 2005
Location: Chi town
Posts: 3,992
soxnationonline will become famous soon enoughsoxnationonline will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Michigan Made

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportboy
Is it good enough reception to plunk down the money every month?

Aside from the Sirius info, how do you like your phone overall? The biggest complaint with phone seems to be the battery life.
battery life on all these new phones coming out is not going to be great because of all the features and they're not going to want to put an extended life battery on a phone like the razr or the blade.
soxnationonline is offline  
 
 
Old 02-14-2006, 12:10 PM   #19
MachineHead
Rocket Scientist
 
MachineHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 28, 2005
Posts: 762
MachineHead is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Made
I have had Sprint for 5 years now. I have never had an issue, except on my drive accross the country in the central US.

I really do love this phone, I haven't even used all the features. The phone was expensive, but I got to save $150 by renewing my contract.

This is a great phone, I am glad that I got it.
The Treo phones aren't cheap either. I got a deal on my Treo 600 because they screwed up at the store.
MachineHead is offline  
 
 
Old 07-20-2006, 10:24 PM   #20
realwx
Banned
 
realwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Elkridge, MD
Posts: 2,554
realwx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to realwx Send a message via MSN to realwx Sprint Sanyo MM 9000 with Sirius
Default

Do the Sprint Treo 650 phones get Sirius music? I know my brother loves Left of Center (hearing it off of my Starmate) and would possibly like to get Left of Center when and if they offer it.
realwx is offline  
 
 
Old 07-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #21
ArbitRon
Mixologist
 
Join Date: Nov 03, 2003
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 326
ArbitRon is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realwx
Do the Sprint Treo 650 phones get Sirius music? I know my brother loves Left of Center (hearing it off of my Starmate) and would possibly like to get Left of Center when and if they offer it.
I don't think so. Sirius is part of Sprint's Power Vision (3G) service and the Treo 650 is not a 3G phone. The Treo 700p will do the trick.
ArbitRon is offline  
 
 
Old 07-30-2006, 02:28 AM   #22
XMECUTIONER
Mixologist
 
XMECUTIONER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 07, 2004
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 443
XMECUTIONER is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to XMECUTIONER Send a message via Yahoo to XMECUTIONER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnationonline
battery life on all these new phones coming out is not going to be great because of all the features and they're not going to want to put an extended life battery on a phone like the razr or the blade.
My current phone (the Samsung A900 "Blade) and my previous phone (LG MM-535) both have problems with battery lift. I was able to test out SIRIUS on the A900 and the quality isn't bad for a cell phone. Would be nice to have the artist and title displays but I guess I can live without it.
__________________
"Fred if you don't stop pushing that button I will fly to New York...AND BREAK ALL OF YOUR FINGERS!"-Eric the Midget
"I will meet you at JFK." - Fred
SIRIUS-Stiletto 2 w/2 GB microSD card
XM-Xpress RC/Home Kit
16 GB iPod Touch
ALL CONNECTED TO SOLOIST DOCK!
XMECUTIONER is offline  
 
 
Old 07-30-2006, 06:17 PM   #23
soxnationonline
Top Dog Member
 
soxnationonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 25, 2005
Location: Chi town
Posts: 3,992
soxnationonline will become famous soon enoughsoxnationonline will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMECUTIONER
My current phone (the Samsung A900 "Blade) and my previous phone (LG MM-535) both have problems with battery lift. I was able to test out SIRIUS on the A900 and the quality isn't bad for a cell phone. Would be nice to have the artist and title displays but I guess I can live without it.

I have the a920 (powervision phone) thats comperable to the a900 in features except the screen is less resolution and the a920 has memory slot.

when you tested sirius on your phone did you listen to the free hits 1 channel that every powervision phone gets or did you actually subscribe to the 20 channels? The reason I ask is because the free hits 1 channel is streamed at at powervision stream quality but the channels that you pay for arent.

I personally prefer sprint music. It costs a dollar less per month, gives you more then music (podcasts, music videos ets), is streamed at a much higher quality then sirius and it displays artist and song info.
__________________
soxnationonline is offline  
 
 
Old 07-30-2006, 06:19 PM   #24
soxnationonline
Top Dog Member
 
soxnationonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 25, 2005
Location: Chi town
Posts: 3,992
soxnationonline will become famous soon enoughsoxnationonline will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitRon
I don't think so. Sirius is part of Sprint's Power Vision (3G) service and the Treo 650 is not a 3G phone. The Treo 700p will do the trick.

Thats not true. The first phone capable of streaming sirius was the sanyo pm8300 and thats not a 3g phone. The phone only has to be a multimedia phone.
__________________
soxnationonline is offline  
 
 
Old 07-30-2006, 09:51 PM   #25
ytown4
Loyal Listener
 
ytown4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 12, 2006
Posts: 171
ytown4 is on a distinguished road
Default

I subscribe to Sirius on Sprint. My phone is a Samsung A900. The sound isn't bad at all, even when not using headphones. It cost $15 to get the basic power vision access pack which includes Sirius Hits, unlimited web and abc mobile news channel. Then it's an extra $6.95 for Sirius. Which includes 20 channels. I get a 23% discount on my sprint bill from my workplace(hospital). My battery only last about 3 hours listening to Sirius. Side note, It's pissing me off the last couple days because Hair nation stream is playing the Sirius Hits channel. The streams must be messed up.
ytown4 is offline  
 
 
Old 07-31-2006, 12:19 AM   #26
XMECUTIONER
Mixologist
 
XMECUTIONER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 07, 2004
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 443
XMECUTIONER is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to XMECUTIONER Send a message via Yahoo to XMECUTIONER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnationonline
I have the a920 (powervision phone) thats comperable to the a900 in features except the screen is less resolution and the a920 has memory slot.

when you tested sirius on your phone did you listen to the free hits 1 channel that every powervision phone gets or did you actually subscribe to the 20 channels? The reason I ask is because the free hits 1 channel is streamed at at powervision stream quality but the channels that you pay for arent.

I personally prefer sprint music. It costs a dollar less per month, gives you more then music (podcasts, music videos ets), is streamed at a much higher quality then sirius and it displays artist and song info.
That's the only thing I miss about my last phone (an LG MM535) was the memory card slot. It was only 512 MB but at least I could get a couple good songs or some archived Stern shows to listen to at work.
When I got my A900, it was at E3, and it included two free months of service, and I figured since I wasn't paying for the service, I got the subscription. I didn't notice that Hits 1 was part of PowerVision though since I really just listened to Big 80s, Classic Rewind, and 1st Wave.
The two month trial offer is over but I have the Ultimate Pack. I will try the Hits 1 channel again to hear how it sounds.
Nonetheless I love my A900. It is a great phone.
__________________
"Fred if you don't stop pushing that button I will fly to New York...AND BREAK ALL OF YOUR FINGERS!"-Eric the Midget
"I will meet you at JFK." - Fred
SIRIUS-Stiletto 2 w/2 GB microSD card
XM-Xpress RC/Home Kit
16 GB iPod Touch
ALL CONNECTED TO SOLOIST DOCK!
XMECUTIONER is offline  
 
 
Old 08-09-2006, 08:19 AM   #27
art vandelay
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Oct 15, 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 165
art vandelay is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnationonline
I personally prefer sprint music. It costs a dollar less per month, gives you more then music (podcasts, music videos ets), is streamed at a much higher quality then sirius and it displays artist and song info.
Do you have a channel lineup for Sprint Music that you'd share here? I can't find one anywhere, even on Sprint.com nor the sprintusers.com forum.
art vandelay is offline  
 
 
Old 08-09-2006, 11:50 AM   #28
Michigan Made
Forum Administrator
Sprint Sanyo MM 9000 with Sirius
 
Join Date: Jan 03, 2005
Posts: 8,415
Michigan Made is a jewel in the roughMichigan Made is a jewel in the roughMichigan Made is a jewel in the rough
Default

Look at my post in this thread on 12-1-05.
__________________



Michigan Made is offline  
 
 
Old 08-09-2006, 12:08 PM   #29
art vandelay
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Oct 15, 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 165
art vandelay is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Made
Look at my post in this thread on 12-1-05.
I did, and that's a list of the SIRIUS channels available on Sprint. I'm looking for what's available on Sprint Music, which is an entirely different package than SIRIUS.
art vandelay is offline  
 
 
Old 08-09-2006, 12:38 PM   #30
Michigan Made
Forum Administrator
Sprint Sanyo MM 9000 with Sirius
 
Join Date: Jan 03, 2005
Posts: 8,415
Michigan Made is a jewel in the roughMichigan Made is a jewel in the roughMichigan Made is a jewel in the rough
Default

My bad. I'll try to loook later.
__________________



Michigan Made is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.