Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

Install Garage & Help Desk You've got the radio, now which cable goes where? Got questions about factory installed radios in your car? Ask any installation or help questions here and someone will get to you soon.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 01-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #1
crewguy
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Dec 26, 2006
Posts: 11
crewguy is on a distinguished road
Default Aux cable?

After reading about possible trouble using an FM direct relay, I hav edecided to buy a factory radio with an Aux in port.

Who sell the "Sirius radio to Aux-in port" cable?

Will this lead to static-free true stereo sound?

Thanks
crewguy is offline  
 
 
Old 01-01-2007, 10:35 PM   #2
mike481
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Dec 09, 2006
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 11
mike481 is on a distinguished road
Default

USA-Spec makes a really good input for factory radios. It goes through the CD-Changer port. This is only for factory radios

If you have an aftermarket radio, Sirius makes a tuner for most brand aftermarket headunits. You can also buy an Aux-in adapter that works on your stereo. Crutchfield carries most any adapter and brand. Not to mention that if you have any trouble installing any of this, They will give you all the help you need. They are the only place i buy anything for my truck.
__________________
'06 Ranger Sport super cab
Kenwood KDC-MPC225
Sirius Starmate Replay ST2
mike481 is offline  
 
 
Old 01-01-2007, 10:40 PM   #3
jwt873
Top Dog Member
Aux cable?
 
jwt873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 11, 2004
Posts: 2,600
jwt873 has a spectacular aura aboutjwt873 has a spectacular aura aboutjwt873 has a spectacular aura about
Default

When you say "Buy a Factory Radio" do you mean the OEM radio that came with your car.. (ie Ford or Chevy), or do you mean you're planning on getting an aftermarket head unit like a Pioneer or Sony to replace the radio that was put in your car when it was built ?

If you're getting an aftermarket radio, just get one that has audio-in jacks on the back or a small 1/8" plug on the front...

There is no special Sirius cable.. Just use whatever has plugs that fit between the AUDIO-OUT on your Sirius unit to the AUDIO-IN on your new head unit. (Your Sirius unit uses a 1/8" plug). If your new head unit has RCA inputs, then the cable that came with your Sirius unit will do.
jwt873 is offline  
 
 
Old 01-01-2007, 10:53 PM   #4
crewguy
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Dec 26, 2006
Posts: 11
crewguy is on a distinguished road
Default

Dodge made 2 "single-CD" radios in 2005-2006 and one had an Aux port in front. I need the cable that would connect Sirius radio to my factory radio. It is cost-effective to buy a used Dodge radio w/ Aux-in when compared to buying a relay and the nessessary antenna adapters.

crewguy is offline  
 
 
Old 01-01-2007, 11:39 PM   #5
sentinel
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Mar 20, 2006
Posts: 208
sentinel is on a distinguished road
Default

The aux cables I've bought were from Radio Shack and only about $6.
sentinel is offline  
 
 
Old 01-02-2007, 12:07 PM   #6
RaiderZJ
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2005
Posts: 58
RaiderZJ is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel
The aux cables I've bought were from Radio Shack and only about $6.
x2
Its a pretty standard item anywhere.
RaiderZJ is offline  
 
 
Old 01-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #7
jwt873
Top Dog Member
Aux cable?
 
jwt873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 11, 2004
Posts: 2,600
jwt873 has a spectacular aura aboutjwt873 has a spectacular aura aboutjwt873 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewguy
Dodge made 2 "single-CD" radios in 2005-2006 and one had an Aux port in front. I need the cable that would connect Sirius radio to my factory radio. It is cost-effective to buy a used Dodge radio w/ Aux-in when compared to buying a relay and the nessessary antenna adapters.
Wouldn't it be SWEET if all manufacturers provided AUX inputs It would sure make life simpler for people with satellite radio, iPods and any of the other very popular portable audio devices.

The radio you show would be a great to use. Using the AUX out from your Sirius radio to the AUX input of the Dodge radio will give you a bit better sound quality than going the FM route..

With a radio like you show, all you need is a cable with 1/8 inch (3.5 mm) stereo plugs on each end. They are available at any Rad Shack type store.

As far as cost effectiveness.. I don't know. The Direct FM relay costs under 20 bucks.. What will a new radio with an AUX input cost?
jwt873 is offline  
 
 
Old 01-02-2007, 05:45 PM   #8
crewguy
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Dec 26, 2006
Posts: 11
crewguy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwt873
Wouldn't it be SWEET if all manufacturers provided AUX inputs It would sure make life simpler for people with satellite radio, iPods and any of the other very popular portable audio devices.

The radio you show would be a great to use. Using the AUX out from your Sirius radio to the AUX input of the Dodge radio will give you a bit better sound quality than going the FM route..

With a radio like you show, all you need is a cable with 1/8 inch (3.5 mm) stereo plugs on each end. They are available at any Rad Shack type store.

As far as cost effectiveness.. I don't know. The Direct FM relay costs under 20 bucks.. What will a new radio with an AUX input cost?
Relay is $20 + shipping. I would also need 2 motorolla-to-chrysler antenna adapters at $29+ shipping. I can get a used radio from ebay for $50-$70 and can sell my radio to recoup some money. And I get better sound. Sound like a no-brainer.
crewguy is offline  
 
 
Old 01-02-2007, 10:53 PM   #9
tms1521
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Dec 28, 2006
Location: Wharton, NJ USA
Posts: 22
tms1521 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewguy
After reading about possible trouble using an FM direct relay, I hav edecided to buy a factory radio with an Aux in port.

Who sell the "Sirius radio to Aux-in port" cable?

Will this lead to static-free true stereo sound?

Thanks

I got my cable at Best Buy. It's a Monster Aux cable. It's the best one on the market.
tms1521 is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sirius Customer ( NO ) Care: Don't Lose Your USB Cable sracer5 SIRIUS S50 21 09-22-2006 09:58 PM
Home Antenna cable splice question byby610 Install Garage & Help Desk 9 01-17-2006 06:39 AM
SIRIUS and Monster Cable Announce Partnership RyanM Insiders Blog 7 09-19-2004 02:55 AM
Sirius and Monster cable Trezdustrial The Street 1 09-10-2004 11:44 AM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.