Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

Radios & Receivers This is the place to talk about all the high-tech SIRIUS radios: Kenwood, Pioneer, Clarion, JVC, Alpine, Audiovox, Sony, XACT, and more!

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 08-08-2005, 11:13 AM   #1
Element77
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2005
Posts: 3
Element77 is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie question, regarding JVC and PnP

Hello, I have a question that i cannot seem to find the answer for... I have just purchased a JVC KD-AVX1, the one with the built-in DVD. It is Sirius ready. Ive have had my Sportster since Christmas, and i love it. But my question is this...

I know in order for it to work together you have to purchase the JVC KS-U100K, or something like that to plug in the Aux. I don't even think it is out yet, but it all anything written about it doesn't say anything about functionality of it, just says "turn unit on and off with the HU!"...

I would like to hide my PnP, and be able to see the song selections on the screen of the HU, just like you would with one of those tuner things. Is this possible, will that work? Will both of them show the songs, or just say something on the screen of the HU that im using the Aux???

I have a feeling your not going to be able to see your selections on the screen which sucks because i would like to have everything in one confined HU.

Thank you very much.
Element77 is offline  
 
 
Old 08-08-2005, 12:11 PM   #2
absentiabanish
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2004
Posts: 98
absentiabanish is on a distinguished road
Default

Putting text from your pnp on your head unit is not possible. I have not read of any mods that would rememdy this but I dont think that mods are even possible. I too want a pnp that works as a tuner for my head unit but right now we are out of luck.
absentiabanish is offline  
 
 
Old 08-08-2005, 12:15 PM   #3
Michigan Made
Forum Administrator
Newbie question, regarding JVC and PnP
 
Join Date: Jan 03, 2005
Posts: 8,415
Michigan Made is a jewel in the roughMichigan Made is a jewel in the roughMichigan Made is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Newbie question, regarding JVC and PnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element77
Hello, I have a question that i cannot seem to find the answer for... I have just purchased a JVC KD-AVX1, the one with the built-in DVD. It is Sirius ready. Ive have had my Sportster since Christmas, and i love it. But my question is this...

I know in order for it to work together you have to purchase the JVC KS-U100K, or something like that to plug in the Aux. I don't even think it is out yet, but it all anything written about it doesn't say anything about functionality of it, just says "turn unit on and off with the HU!"...

I would like to hide my PnP, and be able to see the song selections on the screen of the HU, just like you would with one of those tuner things. Is this possible, will that work? Will both of them show the songs, or just say something on the screen of the HU that im using the Aux???

I have a feeling your not going to be able to see your selections on the screen which sucks because i would like to have everything in one confined HU.

Thank you very much.
Sell your Sportster and buy this:

JVC tuner.

Then you will everything you need in your HU.
__________________



Michigan Made is offline  
 
 
Old 08-08-2005, 12:29 PM   #4
Element77
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2005
Posts: 3
Element77 is on a distinguished road
Default

Man, I was afraid of that.... I dont understand why the sell something specifically for an Aux Input for Sirius, but yet it has no extras included... I don't know if you know what I'm talking about but it is this....

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-4pYjbdA...rch=Jvc+Sirius

I do like having the portablity, but i guess I'm S.O.L.
now im bummed... But thank you.
Element77 is offline  
 
 
Old 08-08-2005, 12:31 PM   #5
Michigan Made
Forum Administrator
Newbie question, regarding JVC and PnP
 
Join Date: Jan 03, 2005
Posts: 8,415
Michigan Made is a jewel in the roughMichigan Made is a jewel in the roughMichigan Made is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element77
Man, I was afraid of that.... I dont understand why the sell something specifically for an Aux Input for Sirius, but yet it has no extras included... I don't know if you know what I'm talking about but it is this....

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-4pYjbdA...rch=Jvc+Sirius

I do like having the portablity, but i guess I'm S.O.L.
now im bummed... But thank you.
You could get that part, but you still would have to see your Sportster. You would have better SQ though.
__________________



Michigan Made is offline  
 
 
Old 08-08-2005, 12:35 PM   #6
Element77
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2005
Posts: 3
Element77 is on a distinguished road
Default

what is "SQ"?

And secondly, by having to "see" my sportster, that means that I still will have to tune stations using the sportster? For example, I can't hide it and tune thru the HU. So, i'll have the sportster to display the info, and the head is just going to have a generic "Auxiliary In Use" displayed...

Crap.
Element77 is offline  
 
 
Old 08-08-2005, 01:46 PM   #7
Michigan Made
Forum Administrator
Newbie question, regarding JVC and PnP
 
Join Date: Jan 03, 2005
Posts: 8,415
Michigan Made is a jewel in the roughMichigan Made is a jewel in the roughMichigan Made is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element77
what is "SQ"?

And secondly, by having to "see" my sportster, that means that I still will have to tune stations using the sportster? For example, I can't hide it and tune thru the HU. So, i'll have the sportster to display the info, and the head is just going to have a generic "Auxiliary In Use" displayed...

Crap.
SQ=Sound Quality.

You still will have to use your Sportster to tune, etc...

You are correct with the second statement.

If you would be happy with the display of your HU I would do as I said before, sell it and use just the JVC HU.

MM
__________________



Michigan Made is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.