Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

Radios & Receivers This is the place to talk about all the high-tech SIRIUS radios: Kenwood, Pioneer, Clarion, JVC, Alpine, Audiovox, Sony, XACT, and more!

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 01-07-2006, 07:23 AM   #1
dukebruno
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2006
Posts: 1
dukebruno is on a distinguished road
Default Replay Program Alert function doesn't work

According to the user manual "The Program Alert feature allows you to program the Receiver to automatically tune to a specific channel at a specified time." I followed the instructions to set the program alert, yet the channel did not change at the specified time. I set the time for one minute ahead of the current time and stared at the Replay display. At the designated time a message did appear indicating "Program Alert -- press Select." If I didn't press Select within the next few seconds, the program alert was ignored. In my way of thinking this is hardly "automatic."

Sirius should either change the user guide to accurately reflect the dubious value of this feature or they should have the unit work as the guide depicts.
dukebruno is offline  
 
 
Old 01-09-2006, 12:29 PM   #2
Capn Ramius
Top Dog Member
 
Capn Ramius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 25, 2005
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 3,181
Capn Ramius will become famous soon enoughCapn Ramius will become famous soon enough
Default

Which receiver do you have?
__________________
“… we meet the right sort, this-will- work. We get some, buckaroo…”
Capn Ramius is offline  
 
 
Old 01-10-2006, 04:53 PM   #3
greggsand
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2006
Posts: 52
greggsand is on a distinguished road
Default

I haven't had much luck with this as well(new Sportster Replay).
greggsand is offline  
 
 
Old 01-13-2006, 08:05 AM   #4
RGS
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Nov 05, 2005
Posts: 21
RGS is on a distinguished road
Default

I was also interested in this feature with my Starmate Replay. Reading the User Guide, I assumed that the feature would be "automatic" and not need the user to interact with the receiver.
RGS is offline  
 
 
Old 01-13-2006, 11:19 AM   #5
latinasarecute
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2006
Posts: 167
latinasarecute is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to latinasarecute
Default

The program alert works great with the starmate replay but of course you have to set it up. You have to set the day you want the starmate to turn to the channel, the time and obviously the channel. It takes seconds and it came in handy because I forgot all about something I wanted to hear so I was pretty happy to see the starmate alert turn to the channel at the right time.

Candy
__________________
Joined Sirius 1/9/06-Starmate Replay, Some of my Fav songs on Sirius are Flyleaf-So Sick, Hard-Fi-Cash Machine, People in Planes-If you talk too much, Shakira-Don't Bother, Damien Rice-Unplayed Piano, 7th Day Slumber-I Know
Joined XM in `02
latinasarecute is offline  
 
 
Old 01-16-2006, 10:32 AM   #6
RGS
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Nov 05, 2005
Posts: 21
RGS is on a distinguished road
Default

latinasarecute,

I also own a Starmate Replay and have the Program Alert feature setup and turned on. When my Program Alert reaches the scheduled time, the display alerts me to change the channel but it does not automatically change the channel for me -- I have to interact with the receiver.

Does your SR automatically change the channel for you WITHOUT user interaction?

Quote:
The program alert works great with the starmate replay but of course you have to set it up. You have to set the day you want the starmate to turn to the channel, the time and obviously the channel. It takes seconds and it came in handy because I forgot all about something I wanted to hear so I was pretty happy to see the starmate alert turn to the channel at the right time.
RGS is offline  
 
 
Old 01-16-2006, 01:42 PM   #7
latinasarecute
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2006
Posts: 167
latinasarecute is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to latinasarecute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS
latinasarecute,

I also own a Starmate Replay and have the Program Alert feature setup and turned on. When my Program Alert reaches the scheduled time, the display alerts me to change the channel but it does not automatically change the channel for me -- I have to interact with the receiver.

Does your SR automatically change the channel for you WITHOUT user interaction?

Quote:
The program alert works great with the starmate replay but of course you have to set it up. You have to set the day you want the starmate to turn to the channel, the time and obviously the channel. It takes seconds and it came in handy because I forgot all about something I wanted to hear so I was pretty happy to see the starmate alert turn to the channel at the right time.
As soon as the program alert comes up, it tells you press the select button which immediately changes the channel. So no it doesn't go the channel automatically, you have to press the select button. It's so easy it doesn't matter if you only have to press one button! It's great.

Candy
__________________
Joined Sirius 1/9/06-Starmate Replay, Some of my Fav songs on Sirius are Flyleaf-So Sick, Hard-Fi-Cash Machine, People in Planes-If you talk too much, Shakira-Don't Bother, Damien Rice-Unplayed Piano, 7th Day Slumber-I Know
Joined XM in `02
latinasarecute is offline  
 
 
Old 01-16-2006, 03:30 PM   #8
RGS
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Nov 05, 2005
Posts: 21
RGS is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks latinasarecute. Unfortunately for my purposes I need the channel to change unattended.
RGS is offline  
 
 
Old 01-17-2006, 01:42 AM   #9
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
Replay Program Alert function doesn't work
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS
Thanks latinasarecute. Unfortunately for my purposes I need the channel to change unattended.
That is just the way the Program Alert was designed to function. No tuner automatically changes the channel on a program alert. The S50 of course does on scheduled recording from certain channels, but that is the only one.
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 03-19-2006, 02:26 PM   #10
boffer
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Jan 29, 2006
Posts: 1
boffer is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB
That is just the way the Program Alert was designed to function. No tuner automatically changes the channel on a program alert. The S50 of course does on scheduled recording from certain channels, but that is the only one.
I'm fairly new to these forums, but I've been a happy Sirius subscriber for about a year. I'm resurrecting this thread because of what it says in the Sportster Replay manual. This is copied word for word:

"Program Alert: When this menu option is highlighted and selected, you will be able to program the unit to switch to a selected channel at a specific time."

I don't think there's any question what this means. The real question is whether or not this statement is a mistake. It clearly states that the unit will switch channels, it doesn't say "the unit will prompt you to switch channels." So does anyone out there know, is this statement an error?

The program alert feature doesn't do anything for me. I've tried setting it a few times. Nothing happens, no prompts or anything. If you think about it, a prompt is fairly useless unless you're sitting next to the unit when it happens. It's certainly not crazy to think that maybe this unit is supposed to switch channels, especially since that's what it says in the manual.

Anyone had any luck with this?
boffer is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.