Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

Radios & Receivers This is the place to talk about all the high-tech SIRIUS radios: Kenwood, Pioneer, Clarion, JVC, Alpine, Audiovox, Sony, XACT, and more!

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 11-29-2006, 10:40 AM   #1
Lupuri
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Nov 26, 2006
Posts: 4
Lupuri is on a distinguished road
Default SP4/ST4, no more Aux in

Just a lil heads up.
I work for a retailer that sells Sirius...came accross a situation today where a customer brought back a Sportster 4 receiver due to the fact that there was no manula front aux input on the base. So I checked the manufacturing codes on the bottom, the Sportster4 with the 08a06 code did not have the aux input, but the one with the 05a06 code did have the input.

So I also checked the PnP home and vehicle docking kits that are sold seperately, none of them have the manual front input.

So if you go shopping, and want the Aux input, check the manufacturing codes on the bottom of the package.
Lupuri is offline  
 
 
Old 11-30-2006, 03:12 AM   #2
siriusurfer
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 31, 2006
Location: new england
Posts: 567
siriusurfer is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupuri
Just a lil heads up.
I work for a retailer that sells Sirius...came accross a situation today where a customer brought back a Sportster 4 receiver due to the fact that there was no manula front aux input on the base. So I checked the manufacturing codes on the bottom, the Sportster4 with the 08a06 code did not have the aux input, but the one with the 05a06 code did have the input.

So I also checked the PnP home and vehicle docking kits that are sold seperately, none of them have the manual front input.

So if you go shopping, and want the Aux input, check the manufacturing codes on the bottom of the package.
I think what you are saying is that Sirius no longer manufactures their docks with the ability to plug in a "wireless" jack to transmit a signal to your fm radio. The docks should still have an aux in option?
The jack size is different and the aux in should say "audio out" under it.
Please post back if I am incorrect....thanks
__________________
[Satellite Radio Supporter]
siriusurfer is offline  
 
 
Old 11-30-2006, 05:56 AM   #3
Chris3mes1
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Dec 21, 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 88
Chris3mes1 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusurfer
I think what you are saying is that Sirius no longer manufactures their docks with the ability to plug in a "wireless" jack to transmit a signal to your fm radio. The docks should still have an aux in option?
The jack size is different and the aux in should say "audio out" under it.
Please post back if I am incorrect....thanks
Incorrect

When the Sportster 4 first came out in June, on the front there was a aux in plug on the car dock, worked with ipod's etc..but they quickly got rid of this. At first they covered the plug with plastic but it still worked, and when the new batch of universal docks came out in September for all new radios compatible with the new universal car dock there was no aux in plug,

check out the sportster 4 review thread at the beginning there was a lot of talk about this.
Chris3mes1 is offline  
 
 
Old 11-30-2006, 06:13 AM   #4
siriusurfer
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 31, 2006
Location: new england
Posts: 567
siriusurfer is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris3mes1
Incorrect

When the Sportster 4 first came out in June, on the front there was a aux in plug on the car dock, worked with ipod's etc..but they quickly got rid of this. At first they covered the plug with plastic but it still worked, and when the new batch of universal docks came out in September for all new radios compatible with the new universal car dock there was no aux in plug,

check out the sportster 4 review thread at the beginning there was a lot of talk about this.
Thanks for clearing that up
Bottom line...you can still "hard wire" the unit to your car stereo...correct?
__________________
[Satellite Radio Supporter]
siriusurfer is offline  
 
 
Old 12-04-2006, 04:19 PM   #5
SubSonic
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Jun 29, 2006
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 57
SubSonic is on a distinguished road
Post

There must still be some "original" PnP docks out there is all I gotta say. I just recently (within the past 2 weeks) ordered and took delivery of a vehicle kit for my Sportster 4 and the dock came with the AUX-IN port on the front, non-plugged, and fully functioning. Got it from Crutchfield - sorry TSS, your site said y'all were out of stock at the time.

Man, I can't see why they'd do away with that feature. It's very neat to have such an easy pass-through for using with MP3 players and anything else that can output stereo signal over that mini-plug - (WalkMan, voice recorders, etc)

So if you need a PnP car dock with the working AUX-IN pass-through, call Crutchfield. They seem to still have them - they sure sent me one after I ordered a basic kit online.
SubSonic is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.