Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

SIRIUS Hip-Hop, R&B Raw & Uncensored - Hip-Hop, Freestyle, Old Skool, Rap Hits and the softer side from the R&B culture.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 11-17-2006, 03:46 PM   #1
RyanSirius
Rocket Scientist
Jude Talking About Jay-Z
 
Join Date: Feb 14, 2006
Posts: 914
RyanSirius will become famous soon enough
Default Jude Talking About Jay-Z

I think Jude is right. 100%, and i gotta respect Jude for not dickriding Jay-Z, knowing that Jude usually stand up for him. Jude: "What's up with those weak-ass R+B tracks on your album"? Great question, and everybody should be wondering about that too. Jay-Z also looks like a complete idiot right now after that "Brooklyn High" diss thing. Jude and Sear are right: After you diss someone, that person's boys shou;dn't be able to look at him!

Jay-Z is a huge disapointment. Even on "Black Republicans", Nas completely and without a doubt slayed Jay. Jay didn't even sound like he belonged on the track, other than doing the hook. What's with this guy??

I just got The Game album yesterday. It was pretty good. I am definately not going to waste money on Kingdom Come. If I wanted to hear Neo, I'd buy Neo. All I have to say is that if Nas doesn't come harder than anyone else, Hip Hop will really be dead. I hope he sells more than Jay does. He needs a remix video for the mainstream to get people even more hyped about his shit. Then it'll be a wrap.
__________________
Shade 45 - HHN - Faction
AOA #8001
RyanSirius is offline  
 
 
Old 11-17-2006, 04:00 PM   #2
Jimmy Beam
Loyal Listener
 
Jimmy Beam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 01, 2005
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 242
Jimmy Beam is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Jimmy Beam
Default

Just real quick before I leave work...I downloaded Kingdom Come today and it was pretty bad there might be two or three songs that I would listen to again on it (two out of the three produced by Dr. Dre).

And Ryan, you're right...Nas KILLED Jay-Z on Black Republicans. The Michael Jordan of rap? This must be the Wizards' MJ.
Jimmy Beam is offline  
 
 
Old 11-20-2006, 12:56 AM   #3
shade4five
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Jul 24, 2005
Posts: 217
shade4five is on a distinguished road
Default

Nas did his thing on black republicans but Jay killed Nas on the track.

To me, Jay-Z basically broke down his past relationship with Jaz-O on Black Republicans.

99% of the people that heard Black Republicans didnt get it.

Jay killed that sh*t. Its not even a comparison.

"Now the team got beef between the post and the point. This puts the ring in jeopardy" - Jay-Z

Last edited by shade4five; 11-20-2006 at 12:59 AM..
shade4five is offline  
 
 
Old 11-20-2006, 01:11 AM   #4
RyanSirius
Rocket Scientist
Jude Talking About Jay-Z
 
Join Date: Feb 14, 2006
Posts: 914
RyanSirius will become famous soon enough
Default

Yeah, I got that, though your last quote is probably more about Dame. I still think Nas killed him. You get goosebumps when Nas starts rapping - not when Jay does.
__________________
Shade 45 - HHN - Faction
AOA #8001
RyanSirius is offline  
 
 
Old 11-20-2006, 07:27 AM   #5
Jimmy Beam
Loyal Listener
 
Jimmy Beam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 01, 2005
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 242
Jimmy Beam is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Jimmy Beam
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanSirius
Yeah, I got that, though your last quote is probably more about Dame. I still think Nas killed him. You get goosebumps when Nas starts rapping - not when Jay does.
Exactly. Jay-Z's words may make sense, but his flow seems forced and is not smooth like it used to be. Maybe he's trying to switch up his style or something, but it sounds horrible.
Jimmy Beam is offline  
 
 
Old 11-21-2006, 02:26 AM   #6
shade4five
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Jul 24, 2005
Posts: 217
shade4five is on a distinguished road
Default

Lyrically Jay killed him. Nas started his verse strong then ended it just ok.

As for Jay's flow he's been using the whisper flow for years, except on this track its not quite a whisper.

I like how Jays rhyme pattern matches the rhyme pattern of the chorus. Basically the rhyme part falls on the clap of the beat.

Every ending rhyme matches.

oven, then, friend, end,things, sing, grain, game,bring, refrain, thing, strain, bring, sane, same, sixteen, things, brings, cha-ching, sting, ring

Everything rhymes with like two words and his pattern matches the chorus.

Real skill, joint is hot.

Nas starts off doing something similar in the beginning then gets tired of it and ends differently lol. Its almost as if Nas did his verse two seperate times. Or two seperate verses peiced together.

Seems like they had a concept of how they wanted the track to come out. Pretty hot.

I thought it was all wood grain, all good grain. - Jay-z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Beam
Exactly. Jay-Z's words may make sense, but his flow seems forced and is not smooth like it used to be. Maybe he's trying to switch up his style or something, but it sounds horrible.

Last edited by shade4five; 11-21-2006 at 03:03 AM..
shade4five is offline  
 
 
Old 11-21-2006, 02:46 AM   #7
shade4five
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Jul 24, 2005
Posts: 217
shade4five is on a distinguished road
Default

The reason you probably get goosebumps when Nas starts rapping is because he uses that "Hey Nas" line that he's used at least on a few other tracks in the past.

It brings back nostalgic memories in a sense.

Jay-z verse is a better verse though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanSirius
Yeah, I got that, though your last quote is probably more about Dame. I still think Nas killed him. You get goosebumps when Nas starts rapping - not when Jay does.
shade4five is offline  
 
 
Old 11-21-2006, 09:35 AM   #8
RyanSirius
Rocket Scientist
Jude Talking About Jay-Z
 
Join Date: Feb 14, 2006
Posts: 914
RyanSirius will become famous soon enough
Default

I dunno. I've seen this argument going on at tons of other boards. I mean, I don't disgaree that Jay's verse is fire. In fact, I love it. Talking about Jaz and Dame, it's really personal and one of the best rhymes I've heard from Jay in years.

But to me, Nas goes just a bit harder here. Not THAT much harder (I will admit after dozens and donzens of listens), but slightly.

ouple of fat cats couple of A.I.'s
dreaming of fly s**t instead of the grey skies
grey five's, hate lies, wishing our reign dies
b**ches they slang pie's and and ni**as they sing, why?
ni**as ain't strong enough to handle their jail time
weak minds keep trying to keep follow the street signs
I'm standing on the roof of my building I feel it

That sounds like a standout verse - it was as if Nas knew that this song would be revolutionary and laced the track with fitting lyrics. Jay had sick lyrics too, but they were more personal and showed less perspective. Jay seemed kind of closed, whereas Nas' verse opened the world.

Just my opinion though! And I should mention that I have always thought that Nas was better than Jay, so I am biased though I try not to be.
__________________
Shade 45 - HHN - Faction
AOA #8001
RyanSirius is offline  
 
 
Old 11-22-2006, 05:46 AM   #9
shade4five
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Jul 24, 2005
Posts: 217
shade4five is on a distinguished road
Default

Reminds me of "Renegades" and Jay happens to be Eminem on this one. lol

"Eminem killed you on your own sh*t!" - Nas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanSirius
I dunno. I've seen this argument going on at tons of other boards. I mean, I don't disgaree that Jay's verse is fire. In fact, I love it. Talking about Jaz and Dame, it's really personal and one of the best rhymes I've heard from Jay in years.

But to me, Nas goes just a bit harder here. Not THAT much harder (I will admit after dozens and donzens of listens), but slightly.

ouple of fat cats couple of A.I.'s
dreaming of fly s**t instead of the grey skies
grey five's, hate lies, wishing our reign dies
b**ches they slang pie's and and ni**as they sing, why?
ni**as ain't strong enough to handle their jail time
weak minds keep trying to keep follow the street signs
I'm standing on the roof of my building I feel it

That sounds like a standout verse - it was as if Nas knew that this song would be revolutionary and laced the track with fitting lyrics. Jay had sick lyrics too, but they were more personal and showed less perspective. Jay seemed kind of closed, whereas Nas' verse opened the world.

Just my opinion though! And I should mention that I have always thought that Nas was better than Jay, so I am biased though I try not to be.

Last edited by shade4five; 11-22-2006 at 05:50 AM..
shade4five is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTF - Too much talking on Music stations :( sternfanny SIRIUS Music 44 09-30-2006 09:29 PM
Rude Jude, your Pill Mix made me lose my mind tonight... RyanSirius SIRIUS Hip-Hop, R&B 3 07-27-2006 02:01 PM
Talking Over The Music CrashandBurn SIRIUS Music 17 06-26-2003 10:48 AM
Stop talking over the music on FirstWave SiriusGS300 SIRIUS Dogstar Cafe 8 04-18-2003 11:46 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.