Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

SIRIUS Hip-Hop, R&B Raw & Uncensored - Hip-Hop, Freestyle, Old Skool, Rap Hits and the softer side from the R&B culture.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 12-06-2006, 04:04 AM   #1
shade4five
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Jul 24, 2005
Posts: 217
shade4five is on a distinguished road
Default Calling all Jigga Haters

Calling all Jigga Haters.

I know there are alot of them on this board.

What do you all think about Little Wayne's comments?
http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/10389

The funny part is Little Wayne to me is a Jay-Z clone. He stole Jay's style and flow to sell records. You can hear it on some of Wayne's songs.

Not Baby or Gillie, Jay-Z is his real father. Stuntin like my daddy. Whatever lol

How disrespectful!

The list of disrespectful rappers continue:
The Game, Fat Joe, Remy Martin, Jim Jones, Camron, Raekwon, Little Wayne ...

"They gunnin for me, wanna see me fall, they know my story, I been through it all, nights I felt like dying, but I aint crying, what didnt kill me, made me strong as iron iron .." -- Jay-Z

"Now these baby ballers, toy rappers, calling out my name to bring the boy backwards ..." -- Jay-Z

Last edited by shade4five; 12-06-2006 at 04:09 AM..
shade4five is offline  
 
 
Old 12-06-2006, 08:57 AM   #2
soxnationonline
Top Dog Member
 
soxnationonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 25, 2005
Location: Chi town
Posts: 3,992
soxnationonline will become famous soon enoughsoxnationonline will become famous soon enough
Default

what's a jigga?
__________________
soxnationonline is offline  
 
 
Old 12-06-2006, 09:14 AM   #3
rustytrombone
Sirius Star
 
rustytrombone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 10, 2006
Posts: 2,880
rustytrombone is on a distinguished road
Default

nevermind that. What's a LIL WAYNE and WHO GIVES A SHAT???
__________________
Make you humble

bust'n heads with:
(3) S50s
Sportster Replay
Sportster 4
(2)InV
Stratus
rustytrombone is offline  
 
 
Old 12-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #4
The Juice
Mixologist
 
Join Date: Feb 10, 2006
Posts: 363
The Juice is on a distinguished road
Default

Isn't lil Wayne from the south? He don't sound like JZ.
__________________
Eff Free FM
The Juice is offline  
 
 
Old 12-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #5
MR_E_AOA6000
Channel Surfer
 
MR_E_AOA6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04, 2006
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 80
MR_E_AOA6000 is on a distinguished road
Default

yo I think Lil Wayne is fucked up for talking that bullshit, Jay Z is the man I give him much respect, however I wont buy his shit after pullin the retirement card to sell major albums and tickets only to come back with this years Kingdom Come, Lil Wayne has no room to talk and needs to keep his mouth on baby's lips instead off talkin shit.
__________________
MR.E (AOA6000) REPIN THA AZ
http://www.myspace.com/moke420
MR_E_AOA6000 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-06-2006, 02:31 PM   #6
RyanSirius
Rocket Scientist
Calling all Jigga Haters
 
Join Date: Feb 14, 2006
Posts: 914
RyanSirius will become famous soon enough
Default

Two things:

1) You probably consider me a Jay-Z hater. In truth, Jay is one of my favorite rappers - Reasonable Doubt is one of my favorite albums. I don't hate him - I hate the way he always sells out with garbage singles and dumbs down his shit, and still claims to b the best. That title belongs to Nas, and I don't like when he claims it.

2) Lil Wayne is high on crazy drugs. He does not run this game and he does not compete with Jay at all. He has his fans, but he is not worthy of anything near Jays acclaim, and never will be. Jay shouldn't make the same mistake as he did with Dipset by responding...let this kid sleep on it.
__________________
Shade 45 - HHN - Faction
AOA #8001
RyanSirius is offline  
 
 
Old 12-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #7
shade4five
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Jul 24, 2005
Posts: 217
shade4five is on a distinguished road
Default

Jay-Z doesnt have to respond to Wayne because he already responded before Little Wayne even said a word. Just listen to the last verse of "Trouble" on Kingdom Come.

"I rebuke you little ni**as" - Jay -Z

The verse already applies to Little Wayne and others like him. No need to respond. lol

"I probably hustled with your pops go ask your parents, its apparent your starring at a legend." - Jay - Z

P.S. - Nas is good, but I like Jay better.

The reason I like Jay is because his albums are always about going from the bottom to the top. I often times feel the same way, so can kind of relate. It's inspirational of sorts. Also I like his double entendres lol.

"Kingpin of the inkpen, monster of the double entendres" - Jay-Z

Heres a link for those of you that don't know what a "double entendre" is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_entendre

No one is better at this than Jay! No one!


Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanSirius
Two things:

1) You probably consider me a Jay-Z hater. In truth, Jay is one of my favorite rappers - Reasonable Doubt is one of my favorite albums. I don't hate him - I hate the way he always sells out with garbage singles and dumbs down his shit, and still claims to b the best. That title belongs to Nas, and I don't like when he claims it.

2) Lil Wayne is high on crazy drugs. He does not run this game and he does not compete with Jay at all. He has his fans, but he is not worthy of anything near Jays acclaim, and never will be. Jay shouldn't make the same mistake as he did with Dipset by responding...let this kid sleep on it.

Last edited by shade4five; 12-06-2006 at 07:58 PM..
shade4five is offline  
 
 
Old 12-06-2006, 08:47 PM   #8
RyanSirius
Rocket Scientist
Calling all Jigga Haters
 
Join Date: Feb 14, 2006
Posts: 914
RyanSirius will become famous soon enough
Default

To me, no offense, Jay's like the poor man's Nas - he's simpler...Nas takes more listens---that doesn't mean that Jay's double entendres aren't genius, and also require thought... Just Nas can be so confusing sometimes, until you sleep on what he said, and then it all makes sense.

Kay Slay addressed this issue tonight and said that Wayne is a fool and stepped out of line.

Hiphopdx has an extremely interesting article about Jay-Z. Essentially, the point is that Jay-Z IS hip-hop, but hip-hop isn't Jay-Z anymore. Think about that one---there's some truth to it, in a "Chain Hang Low", "Chicken Noodle Soup" industry.
__________________
Shade 45 - HHN - Faction
AOA #8001
RyanSirius is offline  
 
 
Old 12-07-2006, 03:55 AM   #9
shade4five
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Jul 24, 2005
Posts: 217
shade4five is on a distinguished road
Default

Nas is good but not really feeling him the way I feel Jay. When Nas is on point I like him, other times I dont.

Jay seems simple but he really is not. I like the way that when Jay rhymes its like he is conversating with the listener.

The reality is that Jay took a shot at Wayne first!
To the average listener it seems like Wayne attacked first unprovoked.

Jay is so ill that he'll say something that the majority of people might not get from minutes to albums later. They may subconsciously get it but dont consciously put it together. Often times only the person he says it to and a few others get it. Its that whole double entendre concept on another level.

NO ONE that I've heard touches on the REAL REASON why Wayne is mad at Jay (Not Kay Slay, No one)

Contrary to anything else Little Wayne may say, here is the REAL REASON why he is hating on Jay.

I'll give you this one for free: lol

"Same old story in New Orleans, silly rappers cause we got a couple Porshes, MTV stopped by to film our fortresses, we forget the unfortunate ..." - Jay-Z

Though Jay wasnt saying it in a bad way this is a shot directed directly at Little Wayne. Most likely Little Wayne who was a previous Jay-Z support took offense to the line and is now hating on Jay.

I gave you that one for free. I dont post on any other hip hop message board so feel free to spread the REAL REASON why Little Wayne is mad to others (family, friends, etc.) lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanSirius
To me, no offense, Jay's like the poor man's Nas - he's simpler...Nas takes more listens---that doesn't mean that Jay's double entendres aren't genius, and also require thought... Just Nas can be so confusing sometimes, until you sleep on what he said, and then it all makes sense.

Kay Slay addressed this issue tonight and said that Wayne is a fool and stepped out of line.

Hiphopdx has an extremely interesting article about Jay-Z. Essentially, the point is that Jay-Z IS hip-hop, but hip-hop isn't Jay-Z anymore. Think about that one---there's some truth to it, in a "Chain Hang Low", "Chicken Noodle Soup" industry.

Last edited by shade4five; 12-07-2006 at 04:20 AM..
shade4five is offline  
 
 
Old 12-07-2006, 08:09 AM   #10
RyanSirius
Rocket Scientist
Calling all Jigga Haters
 
Join Date: Feb 14, 2006
Posts: 914
RyanSirius will become famous soon enough
Default

Oooo - I really don't know about that one. I think you may be reading too much into it. That's from Jay's song about Katrina, right? Where he blames himself a lot? I don't think Wayne took offense to that. I think he was high on Vicodin again (used to have an additction) and ran his mouth. He dissed a whole lot of people in that interview, not just Jay...

Jay's like getting a Master's Degree in hip-hop - not achievable for your average listener, but he's no PHD. I know Jay does take "subliminal" shots at people, but I don't think that one was about Wayne...
__________________
Shade 45 - HHN - Faction
AOA #8001
RyanSirius is offline  
 
 
Old 12-07-2006, 02:47 PM   #11
shade4five
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Jul 24, 2005
Posts: 217
shade4five is on a distinguished road
Default

These dudes were nowhere to be scene during Katrina and that is their city. To my knowledge Jay hasnt been on MTV cribs yet. So the line refers to rappers like Wayne/Baby.

Check the Porshe in the video.

Below is a link of one of the times Wayne was on MTV cribs. lol Jay is a beast lol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e_N033ijk...elated&search=

The line is not necessarily at Wayne, but I think Wayne took offense because it applies to him.

"Silly rappers..."

LMAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanSirius
Oooo - I really don't know about that one. I think you may be reading too much into it. That's from Jay's song about Katrina, right? Where he blames himself a lot? I don't think Wayne took offense to that. I think he was high on Vicodin again (used to have an additction) and ran his mouth. He dissed a whole lot of people in that interview, not just Jay...

Jay's like getting a Master's Degree in hip-hop - not achievable for your average listener, but he's no PHD. I know Jay does take "subliminal" shots at people, but I don't think that one was about Wayne...

Last edited by shade4five; 12-07-2006 at 03:06 PM..
shade4five is offline  
 
 
Old 12-08-2006, 01:27 PM   #12
The Juice
Mixologist
 
Join Date: Feb 10, 2006
Posts: 363
The Juice is on a distinguished road
Default

I liked JZ when his Hawian Sofaie single was ouch which I actually still own. Afte that I was out. Now I must say He got some skills but not my cup of tea, I like some pretty hard shit. He is softer than ever.

Is it true that he bought 200,000 of his own albums? I heard that on Cipha's show this morning. Not only that, his sales dropped by 79% the second week.
__________________
Eff Free FM
The Juice is offline  
 
 
Old 12-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #13
shade4five
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Jul 24, 2005
Posts: 217
shade4five is on a distinguished road
Default

I heard that this morning too on Cipha's show. It seems like 200,000 is always the lucky number. I remember when the Massacre came out they said 50 bought 200,000 copies.

Who know's, it's possible?

If you want Jay-Z to still rhyme about hustling and slinging crack then forget about it. He's 250 million dollars past that stage.

"Coke is still my sponsor, the cola, Hova still gettin it in with soda." - Jay-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juice
I liked JZ when his Hawian Sofaie single was ouch which I actually still own. Afte that I was out. Now I must say He got some skills but not my cup of tea, I like some pretty hard shit. He is softer than ever.

Is it true that he bought 200,000 of his own albums? I heard that on Cipha's show this morning. Not only that, his sales dropped by 79% the second week.

Last edited by shade4five; 12-08-2006 at 06:30 PM..
shade4five is offline  
 
 
Old 12-08-2006, 06:36 PM   #14
rustytrombone
Sirius Star
 
rustytrombone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 10, 2006
Posts: 2,880
rustytrombone is on a distinguished road
Default

he didn't fit in ROVA or NOVA in there? Missed opportunity IMO.


50 cent is still top dogg
__________________
Make you humble

bust'n heads with:
(3) S50s
Sportster Replay
Sportster 4
(2)InV
Stratus
rustytrombone is offline  
 
 
Old 12-09-2006, 05:33 AM   #15
shade4five
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Jul 24, 2005
Posts: 217
shade4five is on a distinguished road
Default

He didnt fit ROVA and NOVA in there because it doesnt fit the line. If it fit he might of used it lol.

Jay used to sell cocaine and he is a promoter of new coca cola tv/stageside when it launches. So coke is still his sponsor. Sorry NOVA doesnt fit.

http://stageside.tv/

50s crew aint selling no more. It'll be interesting to see what 50 does when his album comes out. It'll be interesting to see who 50 pretends to shoot or start beef with before his album drops.

"I don't respect the one who got shot, I respect the shooter." - Jay-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytrombone
he didn't fit in ROVA or NOVA in there? Missed opportunity IMO.


50 cent is still top dogg

Last edited by shade4five; 12-09-2006 at 05:45 AM..
shade4five is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bubba Show rules!!!!! Screw all the haters! rediknight Bubba the Love Sponge 32 03-13-2006 03:01 PM
Calling the Radio Chic? SiriusChic SIRIUS News, Talk, Entertainment & Traffic 2 11-18-2005 12:26 PM
Calling vo1one!!! Calling vo1one!!! Re your map... sailorguy Galaxy Nation 2 12-29-2004 11:38 AM
Friday: The Calling Live on The Pulse TulaneJeff SIRIUS Pop 0 05-06-2004 04:09 PM
Hanson, Five For Fighting, The Calling all Live on The Pulse BenDee SIRIUS Pop 31 04-11-2004 09:49 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.