Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

SIRIUS Music Interact with other SIRIUS Listeners and SIRIUS Master Music Programmers. It's an opportunity to share news and insights on music-matters -- that matter most to you. Rate the music and gush about your favorite new artists.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 09-14-2005, 12:34 PM   #136
gymeejet
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: May 13, 2004
Posts: 5,491
gymeejet will become famous soon enough
Default

who determines if a band is "good" ? i think just about all current rock, rap, hip-hop, etc. is all crap, including christian rock, if it sounds anything like the rest of current rock. i wouldnt give you 2 cents for the whole kit and kaboodle.

so i dont listen to it.

irregardless if you think christian rock is good or bad, if it has become popular with people in terms of sales, etc., then it is sirius' responsibility and goal to keep up with the times, and try to please as many people as possible, so they can become as profitable as possible.

all this talk about whether a band is good or not is totally subjective and totally off the point. i couldnt count high enough to list all the things in society that i think is crap. but if it has become popular with the masses, i have to face that fact, and try to avoid it whenever possible. sometimes that is not always possible, but it is 100% possible with satellite radio - just place a SKIP next to that channel, and it is completely gone from your radio.

boy, i wish the situtation was always that fixable. it reminds me of a (twilight zone ?) where billy mumy could make things disappear by just wishing for it. makes me wish i had a delete button.
gymeejet is offline  
 
 
Old 09-14-2005, 12:48 PM   #137
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
WE GOT IT!!! CHRISTIAN ROCK
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Dent
Thanks for the compliments, father! Now, can I expect a free copy of the bible in my mailbox to broaden my mind and enhance my understanding?
You can't do anything with a closed mine PERIOD. So sending you a bible wouldn't do a bit of good. But glad to see you so defensive.


Quote:
It is so painfully obvious that the huge majority of the so-called "Christian" bands just can't write and perform well, and can only get audience from church goers and evangelists, who will buy or listen to anything that has the word "God" in the lyrics.
I have listened to many of these bands and I think they are great. I know many that have turned down recording contracts because that is not their focus. They do prefer to go to small churches and there is nothing wrong with that. Those that have recorded have found a pretty good following. So much so that the FCC is licensing more Gospel Stations than any other and have been for the last few years. Now you have Sirius and XM both having several Christian Music Channels clearly they get it.

You are wrong, but are certainly entitled to your opinion though you haven't a single, not one single shred of evidence to back your claim. I know you think you do, but if you had your way I am sure there would be no Christian Music anywhere, but thankfully business decisions rule the day and not the hatred of Christianity. The good news is that XM already has these channels and Sirius will soon have them and you've got but one choice. Don't freaking listen... that is end of the story.
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 09-14-2005, 03:05 PM   #138
Arthur Dent
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: May 08, 2005
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 134
Arthur Dent is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB
You can't do anything with a closed mine PERIOD. So sending you a bible wouldn't do a bit of good. But glad to see you so defensive.
I will probably never get to like christian rock, but I think I should learn to take a hint and not argue with warriors of Christ anymore, especially when the "Site Editor/Moderator" tells me that I have a "closed mind" and it's "beyond my ability to understand" the topic.
Arthur Dent is offline  
 
 
Old 09-14-2005, 03:17 PM   #139
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
WE GOT IT!!! CHRISTIAN ROCK
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Dent
I will probably never get to like christian rock, but I think I should learn to take a hint and not argue with warriors of Christ anymore, especially when the "Site Editor/Moderator" tells me that I have a "closed mind" and it's "beyond my ability to understand" the topic.
Good Deal!
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 09-14-2005, 03:19 PM   #140
linedrivehit
Mixologist
 
linedrivehit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 27, 2004
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 472
linedrivehit is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Dent
I will probably never get to like christian rock, but I think I should learn to take a hint and not argue with warriors of Christ anymore, especially when the "Site Editor/Moderator" tells me that I have a "closed mind" and it's "beyond my ability to understand" the topic.
It's not just the "Site Editor/Moderator". Many of us agree with DAB. You DO have a bias against anything that has "God" in it. You obviously have a hatred of anything related to God, Christians and/or the Bible. This hatred does not allow you to see things objectively. Even though Christian music sells well, Christian radio stations are being added to the airwaves everyday, and both satellite radio companies recognize the audience and demand, you prefer to see things through your biased eyes.

To echo the other posts on this thread, there are channels I dont like and so I DON'T LISTEN TO THEM. (What a novel idea!) Just because you don't want to hear Christian Rock doesnt mean everyone should be deprived of that choice.
__________________
linedrivehit is offline  
 
 
Old 09-14-2005, 03:28 PM   #141
ntilly
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 07, 2005
Posts: 606
ntilly is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linedrivehit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Dent
I will probably never get to like christian rock, but I think I should learn to take a hint and not argue with warriors of Christ anymore, especially when the "Site Editor/Moderator" tells me that I have a "closed mind" and it's "beyond my ability to understand" the topic.
It's not just the "Site Editor/Moderator". Many of us agree with DAB. You DO have a bias against anything that has "God" in it. You obviously have a hatred of anything related to God, Christians and/or the Bible. This hatred does not allow you to see things objectively. Even though Christian music sells well, Christian radio stations are being added to the airwaves everyday, and both satellite radio companies recognize the audience and demand, you prefer to see things through your biased eyes.

To echo the other posts on this thread, there are channels I dont like and so I DON'T LISTEN TO THEM. (What a novel idea!) Just because you don't want to hear Christian Rock doesnt mean everyone should be deprived of that choice.
Exactly...there are obviously several of us excited about this channel, but Arthur Dent thinks hes the only one who knows what good music is. Many Christian rock bands are going to praise the Lord because they love Him not because they want to get famous. You dont understand man, as Christians we are full of joy because of what the Lord has done in our lives. Becoming famous is not their goal, their goal is to glorify the Lord.
__________________
Sirius...BRING BACK REVOLUTION!
ntilly is offline  
 
 
Old 09-14-2005, 05:14 PM   #142
danwxman
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 12, 2004
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 820
danwxman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to danwxman
Default

This is what I'm talking about..

http://www.keeptheword.com/2/
__________________
[t:0c42dc15f4]u=danwxman&f=verdana&s=11&c=00008B[/t:0c42dc15f4]
danwxman is offline  
 
 
Old 09-14-2005, 05:26 PM   #143
Renaissance Man
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: Jul 27, 2005
Posts: 1,190
Renaissance Man is on a distinguished road
Default

Good, accurate comments from DAB, ntilly and linedrivehit.
Renaissance Man is offline  
 
 
Old 09-14-2005, 06:02 PM   #144
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
WE GOT IT!!! CHRISTIAN ROCK
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danwxman
This is what I'm talking about..

http://www.keeptheword.com/2/
There are zealots in everything. You don't take one segment and say that is the way all Christians are because that just isn't true.

The Word is gone and I hope it stays gone, I much prefer the Christian Rock channel and the more open Christian Talk Channel. Sirius clearly did the right thing and I don't think they will cave into those folks.
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 09-14-2005, 06:33 PM   #145
Fergz99
Sirius Star
WE GOT IT!!! CHRISTIAN ROCK
 
Join Date: Feb 24, 2005
Posts: 2,000
Fergz99 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Exactly...there are obviously several of us excited about this channel, but Arthur Dent thinks hes the only one who knows what good music is. Many Christian rock bands are going to praise the Lord because they love Him not because they want to get famous. You dont understand man, as Christians we are full of joy because of what the Lord has done in our lives. Becoming famous is not their goal, their goal is to glorify the Lord.
lol
Fergz99 is offline  
 
 
Old 09-14-2005, 10:01 PM   #146
ntilly
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 07, 2005
Posts: 606
ntilly is on a distinguished road
Default

Im also happy the Word is gone as I said in another forum...it didnt represent my views. I wasnt pushing for it to leave but I didnt like it. That is not evangelical Christianity of which I am a part.
__________________
Sirius...BRING BACK REVOLUTION!
ntilly is offline  
 
 
Old 09-15-2005, 12:20 AM   #147
Renaissance Man
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: Jul 27, 2005
Posts: 1,190
Renaissance Man is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilly
Im also happy the Word is gone as I said in another forum...it didnt represent my views. I wasnt pushing for it to leave but I didnt like it. That is not evangelical Christianity of which I am a part.
I wasn't a big fan of the Word, either.

But the fact that Sirius got rid of a significant Christian channel like the Word, proves that the "Christians are taking over Sirius" crowd is paranoid.
Renaissance Man is offline  
 
 
Old 09-15-2005, 11:07 PM   #148
Sinisterbeats
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Jul 29, 2005
Posts: 10
Sinisterbeats is on a distinguished road
Default

I think they should have an abortion channel, they can stream the audio from live abortions.

Hey, at least it will sound better than the christian rock channel.
Sinisterbeats is offline  
 
 
Old 09-16-2005, 12:36 AM   #149
ntilly
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 07, 2005
Posts: 606
ntilly is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinisterbeats
I think they should have an abortion channel, they can stream the audio from live abortions.

Hey, at least it will sound better than the christian rock channel.
Thank you for that touching post moron. You are the scum that needs to read a book and see that that baby is alive and in pain as the doctor murders it. This forum has nothing to do with abortion. You have nothing smart to say so you decide to try your best to offend those of us who want to protect life. You are an idiot. If thats all you can think to say on this topic, I seriously wonder if you have a mental disorder. Please take your heartless posts to the political forum. Thats where abortion can be debated. The nerve of you to say you would rather hear a helpless child die than a rock channel. Do you have a heart? Do you have any compassion? Dude you have every right to be for abortion, but to say you would rather hear that than music? Please think before you type, though I seriously doubt you can do that.
__________________
Sirius...BRING BACK REVOLUTION!
ntilly is offline  
 
 
Old 09-16-2005, 03:48 AM   #150
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
WE GOT IT!!! CHRISTIAN ROCK
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

GEEZ, what is it with you people? If you don't like Christian Music channels then stay out of these threads. These threads were started for those that are excited about it. If you don't like it then start your own thread.

ntilly, please quite responding to these people and dragging the threads off topic. Enough is enough now!
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox
DAB is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.