Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

SIRIUS Rock The top tracks from the legends of rock n' roll, along side Underground, Alternative and Metal styles...all served up with the deepest Blues and the roots of Reggae.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 09-26-2005, 01:07 PM   #31
80_Listener
Rocket Scientist
 
80_Listener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 01, 2005
Location: Castellorizon Island
Posts: 997
80_Listener is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
If accept and Iron maiden and stuff that goes a little deeper is what one is after than Buzzsaw is the place.
Yes this is what I am finding out. Buzzsaw is another great channel with some fresh deeper cuts.

Damn Sirius has it down....Job well done...
__________________
Rehabilitated from FM Radio since 12/29/04.
Friends, Don't let Friends listen to FM.
-------------------------------------------------------
80_Listener is offline  
 
 
Old 09-26-2005, 03:46 PM   #32
RoadClosed
Sirius Star
 
RoadClosed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow
Posts: 5,758
RoadClosed will become famous soon enoughRoadClosed will become famous soon enough
Default

I listened to Buzzsaw for about 14 hours yesterday. It rocks.
__________________
West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.


God does not believe in Athiests. Therefore they do not exist.
RoadClosed is offline  
 
 
Old 09-26-2005, 06:04 PM   #33
Fergz99
Sirius Star
hair nation
 
Join Date: Feb 24, 2005
Posts: 2,000
Fergz99 will become famous soon enough
Default

To be fair, I have heard HN play some of the new stuff from Motley Crue and Judas Priest. I'm sure we would all like it better if they played some of the non hit songs and newer music these groups are doing.

Anyone know who the PD is for HN ?
Fergz99 is offline  
 
 
Old 09-26-2005, 08:28 PM   #34
BatSh*tCrazy
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Apr 04, 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 966
BatSh*tCrazy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergz99
Anyone know who the PD is for HN ?

Is there 1 PD for each station at Sirius? Or do they have 1 or a few PD(S) handling many channels??
__________________
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

http://www.zod2008.com/
BatSh*tCrazy is offline  
 
 
Old 09-27-2005, 07:45 AM   #35
seahawks80
Rocket Scientist
hair nation
 
Join Date: Dec 28, 2003
Location: Waxhaw, NC
Posts: 908
seahawks80 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergz99
Anyone know who the PD is for HN ?
Not 100% positive, but based on emails I've sent to them in the past, I believe it's Kim Mulligan.
seahawks80 is offline  
 
 
Old 09-27-2005, 04:35 PM   #36
80_Listener
Rocket Scientist
 
80_Listener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 01, 2005
Location: Castellorizon Island
Posts: 997
80_Listener is on a distinguished road
Default

Well who ever the PD is for HN... two thumbs up. He or she got this DIEHARD XMer to cancel subscribtion and switch to the Big Dog because of Hair Nations format
__________________
Rehabilitated from FM Radio since 12/29/04.
Friends, Don't let Friends listen to FM.
-------------------------------------------------------
80_Listener is offline  
 
 
Old 09-27-2005, 05:32 PM   #37
knac's-pirate
Rocket Scientist
 
knac's-pirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 22, 2005
Location: High above Los Angeles with Hair nation in my ears
Posts: 744
knac's-pirate is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80_Listener
Well who ever the PD is for HN... two thumbs up. He or she got this DIEHARD XMer to cancel subscribtion and switch to the Big Dog because of Hair Nations format
I totaly agree!! If it is Kim, she gets from this former XMer!!
__________________
knac's-pirate is offline  
 
 
Old 10-13-2005, 12:31 PM   #38
80_Listener
Rocket Scientist
 
80_Listener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 01, 2005
Location: Castellorizon Island
Posts: 997
80_Listener is on a distinguished road
Default

So have we offically determined who the PD is for Hair Nation?
__________________
Rehabilitated from FM Radio since 12/29/04.
Friends, Don't let Friends listen to FM.
-------------------------------------------------------
80_Listener is offline  
 
 
Old 11-03-2005, 12:24 AM   #39
meija
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Nov 02, 2005
Posts: 40
meija is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to meija Send a message via MSN to meija Send a message via Yahoo to meija
Default

They sure love the Jov and Van Hagar on this site! The other day I heard some Queensryche and laughed my heiny hein hein off. They definately need some more material by this band however:



\m/
meija is offline  
 
 
Old 11-03-2005, 12:32 AM   #40
Alpolio
Mixologist
 
Alpolio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 12, 2005
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Posts: 256
Alpolio is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meija
They sure love the Jov and Van Hagar on this site! The other day I heard some Queensryche and laughed my heiny hein hein off. They definately need some more material by this band however:



\m/
You know, I've been trying to get them to play Ratt's version of "Nobody Rides For Free" for a while now. The other day I fired off an email saying that they need to send someone down to Walmart to buy it.

It's a small issue though. I've still got it on CD.
__________________
Alpolio is offline  
 
 
Old 11-03-2005, 07:17 AM   #41
knac's-pirate
Rocket Scientist
 
knac's-pirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 22, 2005
Location: High above Los Angeles with Hair nation in my ears
Posts: 744
knac's-pirate is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpolio
Quote:
Originally Posted by meija
They sure love the Jov and Van Hagar on this site! The other day I heard some Queensryche and laughed my heiny hein hein off. They definately need some more material by this band however:



\m/
You know, I've been trying to get them to play Ratt's version of "Nobody Rides For Free" for a while now. The other day I fired off an email saying that they need to send someone down to Walmart to buy it.

It's a small issue though. I've still got it on CD.
Very cool tune!!
__________________
knac's-pirate is offline  
 
 
Old 11-07-2005, 08:28 AM   #42
80_Listener
Rocket Scientist
 
80_Listener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 01, 2005
Location: Castellorizon Island
Posts: 997
80_Listener is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpolio
Quote:
Originally Posted by meija
They sure love the Jov and Van Hagar on this site! The other day I heard some Queensryche and laughed my heiny hein hein off. They definately need some more material by this band however:



\m/
You know, I've been trying to get them to play Ratt's version of "Nobody Rides For Free" for a while now. The other day I fired off an email saying that they need to send someone down to Walmart to buy it.

It's a small issue though. I've still got it on CD.
Nice radio... How do you like the Visor? Does this one qualify for the 50 dollar rebate? Does it come with any home kit?

Thinking about one as a X-mas gift.
__________________
Rehabilitated from FM Radio since 12/29/04.
Friends, Don't let Friends listen to FM.
-------------------------------------------------------
80_Listener is offline  
 
 
Old 11-07-2005, 01:52 PM   #43
seahawks80
Rocket Scientist
hair nation
 
Join Date: Dec 28, 2003
Location: Waxhaw, NC
Posts: 908
seahawks80 will become famous soon enough
Default

I also have a Visor, and it's a decent tuner for $50. It's the only tuner that can fit in a storage pocket in my dash, which is the main reason why I chose it. It doesn't qualify for the $50 rebate (here's a link to the rebate form in case you want to see which other tuners are eligible). It also doesn't come with a home kit. That's another $50 accessory.

The good parts of the Visor are the strong FM modulator, the low price (without rebates), and the flexible mounting options. Otherwise, it's less feature-rich than most other pnp's (no song seeks, 1 line display, no "replay" features, etc).
seahawks80 is offline  
 
 
Old 11-11-2005, 11:38 PM   #44
knac's-pirate
Rocket Scientist
 
knac's-pirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 22, 2005
Location: High above Los Angeles with Hair nation in my ears
Posts: 744
knac's-pirate is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks80
I also have a Visor, and it's a decent tuner for $50. It's the only tuner that can fit in a storage pocket in my dash, which is the main reason why I chose it. It doesn't qualify for the $50 rebate (here's a link to the rebate form in case you want to see which other tuners are eligible). It also doesn't come with a home kit. That's another $50 accessory.

The good parts of the Visor are the strong FM modulator, the low price (without rebates), and the flexible mounting options. Otherwise, it's less feature-rich than most other pnp's (no song seeks, 1 line display, no "replay" features, etc).
Would you say the Fm modulator is stronger on this unit than other units?
__________________
knac's-pirate is offline  
 
 
Old 11-12-2005, 07:48 AM   #45
seahawks80
Rocket Scientist
hair nation
 
Join Date: Dec 28, 2003
Location: Waxhaw, NC
Posts: 908
seahawks80 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knac's-pirate
Would you say the Fm modulator is stronger on this unit than other units?
I haven't tried the FM modulator on many tuners since I used to be able to use a direct connection for my pnp's in my old car. The only other FM modulator that I ever tried is the JVC SR-2000 (the 2.5G JVC tuner), and the Visor's FM modulator definitely blows that one out of the water.

I run my Roady XT with a wired FM modulator and my Visor with it's built-in wireless FM modulator, and the Visor's wireless FM modulator sounds just as good as the wired one. I haven't heard static with it yet!
seahawks80 is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.