Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

SIRIUS Rock The top tracks from the legends of rock n' roll, along side Underground, Alternative and Metal styles...all served up with the deepest Blues and the roots of Reggae.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 09-01-2005, 11:17 PM   #16
Evil_Ernie
Top Dog Member
 
Join Date: Nov 12, 2003
Location: Hell
Posts: 2,236
Evil_Ernie will become famous soon enoughEvil_Ernie will become famous soon enough
Default

You guys are a bunch of meanie poopieheads.
Evil_Ernie is offline  
 
 
Old 09-02-2005, 10:55 AM   #17
lecter5761
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: May 19, 2005
Posts: 43
lecter5761 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxM-odeSSa
Well I hope you are all happy.. I just heard Jose talk about how you all dont like him talking over the intros.. and he sounded none to happy about it.. Makes you feel good shooting someone in the foot??? does it... DO YOUY FEEL BETTER NOW!!!
Yes, very very happy I do have a suggestion though: maybe you can write Sirius to start a channel where Jose does nothing but talk over the intros of songs...intro fades in, Jose rambles about nothing for two minutes, vocals start, track fades out...next intro starts...well, you get the idea.
lecter5761 is offline  
 
 
Old 09-02-2005, 12:50 PM   #18
TxM-odeSSa
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Jun 24, 2004
Location: Your house
Posts: 158
TxM-odeSSa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TxM-odeSSa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecter5761
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxM-odeSSa
Well I hope you are all happy.. I just heard Jose talk about how you all dont like him talking over the intros.. and he sounded none to happy about it.. Makes you feel good shooting someone in the foot??? does it... DO YOUY FEEL BETTER NOW!!!
Yes, very very happy I do have a suggestion though: maybe you can write Sirius to start a channel where Jose does nothing but talk over the intros of songs...intro fades in, Jose rambles about nothing for two minutes, vocals start, track fades out...next intro starts...well, you get the idea.
Sounds good to me.

/e-mail sent!
__________________
channel #27
Audiovox 2 on the Harley and in the house @ work on the boom box,as well as a panasonic deck in the truck!!!
TxM-odeSSa is offline  
 
 
Old 09-02-2005, 10:54 PM   #19
KTMC
Rocket Scientist
 
KTMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 21, 2003
Location: ABQ NM
Posts: 908
KTMC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KTMC
Default

maybe hard attack needs a new PD who wont talk over the music
__________________
the future of music SLACKER
KTMC is offline  
 
 
Old 09-03-2005, 01:24 AM   #20
Evil_Ernie
Top Dog Member
 
Join Date: Nov 12, 2003
Location: Hell
Posts: 2,236
Evil_Ernie will become famous soon enoughEvil_Ernie will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMC
maybe hard attack needs a new PD who wont talk over the music
...and maybe you need to eat a decroded piece of crap!
</Napoleon Dynamite>
Evil_Ernie is offline  
 
 
Old 09-03-2005, 10:48 AM   #21
KTMC
Rocket Scientist
 
KTMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 21, 2003
Location: ABQ NM
Posts: 908
KTMC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KTMC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Ernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMC
maybe hard attack needs a new PD who wont talk over the music
...and maybe you need to eat a decroded piece of crap!
</Napoleon Dynamite>
whatever
__________________
the future of music SLACKER
KTMC is offline  
 
 
Old 09-03-2005, 02:54 PM   #22
Evil_Ernie
Top Dog Member
 
Join Date: Nov 12, 2003
Location: Hell
Posts: 2,236
Evil_Ernie will become famous soon enoughEvil_Ernie will become famous soon enough
Default

I was obviously joking...jeez.
Evil_Ernie is offline  
 
 
Old 09-12-2005, 06:05 PM   #23
semipenguin
Sirius Star
Does Jose ever shut the f**k up?!?
 
semipenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 25, 2005
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 5,350
semipenguin has a spectacular aura aboutsemipenguin has a spectacular aura aboutsemipenguin has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to semipenguin
Default Busting a gut

Now this has to be one of the funniest threads I've read in a long time. One of these days I have to get to Hard Attack.
__________________
duane...
semipenguin is offline  
 
 
Old 09-13-2005, 11:24 AM   #24
headbangerharry
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 05, 2005
Location: HARD ATTACKING IN ESCONDIDO, CA
Posts: 873
headbangerharry is on a distinguished road
Default

I agree with Ernie! Jose Mangin has been the boss of Hard Attack since day one and has made lots of positive changes over the years. He is bringing a Prog Hour to the channel! I've talked to him over the phone before and he does like to talk and is not afraid to share his opinion. Yes he talks alot and sometimes he interrupts a opening riff two but who the fuck cares. If you listen 12 hours a day (M-F) like I do you tend to hear the same songs over and over again as they have quite alot of songs in heavy rotation on a daily basis. Do we need to hear every word of the bullshit song called Burn by Throwdown over and over again?
__________________
HEADBANGING ON SINCE 2002!!!
headbangerharry is offline  
 
 
Old 09-13-2005, 05:50 PM   #25
Chad
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 06, 2004
Posts: 2,724
Chad will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Chad Send a message via MSN to Chad Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbangerharry
Yes he talks alot and sometimes he interrupts a opening riff two but who the fuck cares.
I fucking care because I'm paying to hear the music in its entirety. I'm in total agreement with you that he's a great DJ, but that does not in any way give him the right to yap over the songs. He can talk his ass off when there's no music playing, but once he hits the play button it's time for him to shut the hell up. And the same goes for every DJ on every SIRIUS channel...no exceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbangerharry
Do we need to hear every word of the bullshit song called Burn by Throwdown over and over again?
Yes we do.
Chad is offline  
 
 
Old 09-13-2005, 06:02 PM   #26
headbangerharry
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 05, 2005
Location: HARD ATTACKING IN ESCONDIDO, CA
Posts: 873
headbangerharry is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
I fucking care because I'm paying to hear the music in its entirety. I'm in total agreement with you that he's a great DJ, but that does not in any way give him the right to yap over the songs. He can talk his ass off when there's no music playing, but once he hits the play button it's time for him to shut the hell up. And the same goes for every DJ on every SIRIUS channel...no exceptions.
I think he needs to lay off the weed and get his timing in sync. Maybe after all those years it has some effect on you. Does Bobby Black have same problem?
__________________
HEADBANGING ON SINCE 2002!!!
headbangerharry is offline  
 
 
Old 09-13-2005, 07:11 PM   #27
headbangerharry
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 05, 2005
Location: HARD ATTACKING IN ESCONDIDO, CA
Posts: 873
headbangerharry is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad

Wow, I just shot him an email about this earlier today.

If it gets him to quit doing it... I'LL FEEL MUCH BETTER!!!
I did too. The more emails he gets, the more he will subconsciously think about it and stop his habit.
__________________
HEADBANGING ON SINCE 2002!!!
headbangerharry is offline  
 
 
Old 09-13-2005, 07:35 PM   #28
gilpdawg
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 20, 2004
Location: New Paris, OH
Posts: 830
gilpdawg is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbangerharry
I agree with Ernie! Jose Mangin has been the boss of Hard Attack since day one and has made lots of positive changes over the years. He is bringing a Prog Hour to the channel! I've talked to him over the phone before and he does like to talk and is not afraid to share his opinion. Yes he talks alot and sometimes he interrupts a opening riff two but who the fuck cares. If you listen 12 hours a day (M-F) like I do you tend to hear the same songs over and over again as they have quite alot of songs in heavy rotation on a daily basis. Do we need to hear every word of the bullshit song called Burn by Throwdown over and over again?
I thought the prog/power hour was scrapped? I'd like to see it myself.
gilpdawg is offline  
 
 
Old 09-13-2005, 07:43 PM   #29
Evil_Ernie
Top Dog Member
 
Join Date: Nov 12, 2003
Location: Hell
Posts: 2,236
Evil_Ernie will become famous soon enoughEvil_Ernie will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbangerharry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad

Wow, I just shot him an email about this earlier today.

If it gets him to quit doing it... I'LL FEEL MUCH BETTER!!!
I did too. The more emails he gets, the more he will subconsciously think about it and stop his habit.
First you agree with me, now you're jumping on the "Be quiet, Jose" bandwagon...MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND!!!

Well, at least TxM-odeSSa and I still have Jose's back. Screw the haters!
Evil_Ernie is offline  
 
 
Old 09-14-2005, 11:48 AM   #30
TxM-odeSSa
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Jun 24, 2004
Location: Your house
Posts: 158
TxM-odeSSa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TxM-odeSSa
Default

YEAH!!! WHAT HE SAID!!!
__________________
channel #27
Audiovox 2 on the Harley and in the house @ work on the boom box,as well as a panasonic deck in the truck!!!
TxM-odeSSa is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.