Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

SIRIUS Rock The top tracks from the legends of rock n' roll, along side Underground, Alternative and Metal styles...all served up with the deepest Blues and the roots of Reggae.

View Poll Results: What's your initial impression of this channel?
Is good enough to become one of my presets 55 44.72%
Is good and I will listen again 26 21.14%
Is okay and I might listen again 13 10.57%
Is not enjoyable to me 12 9.76%
Is terrible and I hope it doesn't stay 17 13.82%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 09-30-2005, 11:13 PM   #91
gleff
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 26, 2004
Location: Northeast Massachusetts
Posts: 366
gleff is on a distinguished road
Default NEWS FLASH !

Did you all know that Annie Lennox is an acoustic singer songwriter ?

Well, that's what's playing right now on The Coffee House.
gleff is offline  
 
 
Old 09-30-2005, 11:14 PM   #92
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
Official Coffee House // 30 Thread
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Coffe house is boring and can be heard anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis4780
Sirius has blown it replacing Folktown with this. I guess the can't pay th DJ's because they were foolish and hired howard stern :\ :\ :\ :\
Oh Gosh, you sounds like a freaking Troll, give it a rest with this Howard Stern Business, it is quite old and and what little traction it had intially is all gone!
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 09-30-2005, 11:18 PM   #93
gleff
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 26, 2004
Location: Northeast Massachusetts
Posts: 366
gleff is on a distinguished road
Default ?

He may sound like a troll, but I think he's right on.
gleff is offline  
 
 
Old 09-30-2005, 11:20 PM   #94
gleff
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 26, 2004
Location: Northeast Massachusetts
Posts: 366
gleff is on a distinguished road
Default BREAKTHROUGH !

The Coffee House is now playing the Ingigo Girls !!!

How original ! I pay a monthly subscription to hear the Indigo Girls ?
gleff is offline  
 
 
Old 09-30-2005, 11:21 PM   #95
TX WJ
Top Dog Member
Official Coffee House // 30 Thread
 
TX WJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 25, 2002
Location: Driving The Carolinas
Posts: 11,177
TX WJ will become famous soon enoughTX WJ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to TX WJ Send a message via MSN to TX WJ
Default

Lots of new people posting for the first time.
__________________
Sirius Subscriber Since July 02, Sirius Lifetime Subscriber.

Sirius Factory Install with JBL / Voice Activated Navigation in 2009 Camry XLE V-6

Sirius Sportser 4 & Factory XM installed in 06 Odyssey

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill. That we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
TX WJ is offline  
 
 
Old 09-30-2005, 11:50 PM   #96
gleff
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 26, 2004
Location: Northeast Massachusetts
Posts: 366
gleff is on a distinguished road
Default PU

Stink is now playing on the new "acoustic" stream known as The Coffee House.
(AKA Sting)
gleff is offline  
 
 
Old 10-01-2005, 12:06 AM   #97
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
Official Coffee House // 30 Thread
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleff
He may sound like a troll, but I think he's right on.
Well you are welcome to your opinion just as he is, but it certainly doesn't mean he or you is right. I agree that Sirius saying this was were you'd find Folktown music was a mistake, but to pin every thing on Sirius signing Howard Stern is just totally lame and that is the point I was making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX WJ
Lots of new people posting for the first time.
Yes, I noticed that too. It is good to see some new posters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleff
Stink is now playing on the new "acoustic" stream known as The Coffee House.
(AKA Sting)
You plan to post a comment on every song they play that you don't like? I don't think that is necessary, so I'll just say your point is well taken and enough already.
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 10-01-2005, 12:15 AM   #98
gleff
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 26, 2004
Location: Northeast Massachusetts
Posts: 366
gleff is on a distinguished road
Default

Well you are welcome to your opinion just as he is, but it certainly doesn't mean he or you is right. I agree that Sirius saying this was were you'd find Folktown music was a mistake, but to pin every thing on Sirius signing Howard Stern is just totally lame and that is the point I was making.

I understand your wanting to protect Sirius's decision to grab Howard, I actually like Howard, and will listen to him once he finally does arrive at Sirius, (if I'm not totally over at XM by then) but I am so disturbed by being lied to with the swap of Folk Town to Coffee House that I just don't know who to blame right now. I'm still stunned @ hearing Elton John and REM when I first tuned into Coffee House on 9-29. What a let down.
gleff is offline  
 
 
Old 10-01-2005, 12:29 AM   #99
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
Official Coffee House // 30 Thread
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleff
I understand your wanting to protect Sirius's decision to grab Howard, I actually like Howard, and will listen to him once he finally does arrive at Sirius, (if I'm not totally over at XM by then) but I am so disturbed by being lied to with the swap of Folk Town to Coffee House that I just don't know who to blame right now. I'm still stunned @ hearing Elton John and REM when I first tuned into Coffee House on 9-29. What a let down.
It isn't my job to protect Sirius from anything, but once you make a point, the point is made. I also personally disagree that Stern was a mistake (glad it seems you agree) and it certainly has nothing whatsoever to do with the Folktown issue. (which again was my point) If you aren't happy, then you have a choice to cancel and try XM. I like this channel and apparently from the poll numbers I am not alone. I don't have a problem with the music selection on The Coffee House and in fact I am enjoying it.

I do think as I said previously that Sirius made a mistake saying this is where Folktown music would end up. They did the same thing when they removed Soundscapes, which was one of my favorite channels well over a year ago and told us that Chill is where we'd find that music. But of course Chill was nothing like Soundscapes. That was a mistake, but then I decided I wasn't canceling the services over one or two channels, because there was so much more to enjoy. I don't regret that decision and in fact have enjoyed the service for going on 4 years. I also have XM not because I am unhappy with Sirius, but because I wanted the best of both services.

By the way on every channel that Sirius has ever added it sometimes takes them a few weeks to get it tweaked out. I've seen it time and time again. Who knows this may end up being a channel you'll like, but then again maybe not if you are looking for it to be just like Folktown.
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 10-01-2005, 12:45 AM   #100
dbarree
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Sep 29, 2005
Posts: 6
dbarree is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RENAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleff
It needs to be renamed. Coffee House is too misleading.

Ice Coffee House would be better, does not have the warmth of true acoustic music.
I think it should be called Coffee Shop. It sounds like the crap they play at Starbuck's.
dbarree is offline  
 
 
Old 10-01-2005, 12:48 AM   #101
seahawks80
Rocket Scientist
Official Coffee House // 30 Thread
 
Join Date: Dec 28, 2003
Location: Waxhaw, NC
Posts: 908
seahawks80 will become famous soon enough
Default

Here's another station that I wasn't sure I'd like (Sirius Shuffle being the other) which has pleasantly surprised me. I listened for a couple of hours over the past two days, and while this isn't my favorite style of rock music, it's interesting enough for me to have it in my presets and check it out every once in a while.
seahawks80 is offline  
 
 
Old 10-01-2005, 01:11 AM   #102
pelican
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Oct 01, 2005
Posts: 2
pelican is on a distinguished road
Default Official Coffee House // 30 Thread

I am very disappointed in this replacement for Folktown. As another user said, Folktown was the main reason I joined Sirius.

Bring back Folktown!!
__________________
Dick Johnson
pelican is offline  
 
 
Old 10-01-2005, 05:46 AM   #103
v1ru5
Sirius Star
 
v1ru5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Staten Island,NY
Posts: 2,732
v1ru5 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Official Coffee House // 30 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelican
I am very disappointed in this replacement for Folktown. As another user said, Folktown was the main reason I joined Sirius.

Bring back Folktown!!
First of all Welcome 2 the Sirius family and Sirius Backstage.
Personaly I thought Coffee House was gonna B corny but I am realy diggin` it so far.It may become 1 of my presets.
v1ru5 is offline  
 
 
Old 10-01-2005, 07:05 AM   #104
KYJ
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: Sep 03, 2003
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 1,750
KYJ is on a distinguished road
Default

Coffeehouse is a great stream, but I think the name is a bit misleading because I was expecting a slightly different playlist than what they had before.
KYJ is offline  
 
 
Old 10-01-2005, 08:45 AM   #105
Dylan Diva
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Oct 01, 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6
Dylan Diva is on a distinguished road
Default Coffee House Channel 30

:\ What a disappointment! Why take off Folktown the number one reason I listened to Sirius. This station plays good music but no way is a replacement for Folktown. Besides internet radio, Sirius was the only place I could find a station like Folktown. It was wonderful and unique. Too bad. I am really sad about this change.

A longtime listener[/b]
Dylan Diva is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.