Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

SIRIUS Rock The top tracks from the legends of rock n' roll, along side Underground, Alternative and Metal styles...all served up with the deepest Blues and the roots of Reggae.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 10-05-2005, 12:16 AM   #16
Fergz99
Sirius Star
ALL Right I am going to say it.....
 
Join Date: Feb 24, 2005
Posts: 2,000
Fergz99 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB
Fergz99,

Clearly you are just trying to stir the pot as always. This is why you posted the Iron Maiden thread in the Christian Forum, which has been moved. This poster was simply saying that the rock played on Revolution was good enough that it could be in the ROCK category and it will remain in this area of the forum.

If you persist in continuing down this road, you won't be on this forum much longer, hopefully that won't be necessary, but it's up to you.
I'm not stirring the pot DAB, take a look at my post history. There was a new board opened on this forum for the christian content. You and other people my find that the rock on revolution is good however since they only play music that has a christian message I feel that it best to leave those posts on the boards designed for them. You and others like it regardless of the message and I don't want to anything to do with the music or message.

I put the Iron Maiden post on there to see how long before it would get closed because it has become quite obvious that the mods here are over protective of all things christians and don't care that there are people that are offend by the message and will just continue to allow anyone that wants post anything pro christian to do so and censor or ban anyone opposed or offend by christian themes.
Fergz99 is offline  
 
 
Old 10-05-2005, 12:17 AM   #17
Evil_Ernie
Top Dog Member
 
Join Date: Nov 12, 2003
Location: Hell
Posts: 2,236
Evil_Ernie will become famous soon enoughEvil_Ernie will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX WJ
I have seen with my own eyes how people freak when you say the G word.
Yeah, the word Gobbledygook sometimes freaks me out.
Evil_Ernie is offline  
 
 
Old 10-05-2005, 12:40 AM   #18
Renaissance Man
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: Jul 27, 2005
Posts: 1,190
Renaissance Man is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoker
Hell, there are points in time during the day that puts Octane and Alt Nation to shame. This was the posters intention as well, to make the point that if you like hard rock, and you don't put that whole monicker of it being "christian" most folks would enjoy the channel.
You got that right.
Renaissance Man is offline  
 
 
Old 10-05-2005, 12:58 AM   #19
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
ALL Right I am going to say it.....
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergz99
You and others like it regardless of the message and I don't want to anything to do with the music or message.
Then all you have to do is stay clear of the Christian Forum, seems pretty simple to me. I know people that hate Politics on the forum so we even put it in an opt in mode so those that wanted to talk politics could do so without complaint and those that didn't want to discuss it didn't have to opt in or even see the forum. It is no different with the Christian Forum. This is a place for those folks to be able to discuss whatever they want without all the going back and fourth.

Quote:
I put the Iron Maiden post on there to see how long before it would get closed because it has become quite obvious that the mods here are over protective of all things christians and don't care that there are people that are offend by the message and will just continue to allow anyone that wants post anything pro christian to do so and censor or ban anyone opposed or offend by christian themes.
We've had threads that were totally anti-Christian and to my knowledge they never got locked and no one was banned at least not by me. But let me get this, you are saying because a poster started a thread that said Revolution was such good Rock that it could be in the Rock Category offended you? I am sorry, but I am just not buying it.

We have guidelines on this forum, not everyone agrees with them, but we have them. So, all I can tell you is if you don't like the way we do things then you may need to reconsider your membership on this forum. I can assure you we aren't going to change the guidelines. The bottom line is that when you posted in the Christian forum, you did violate the guidelines so you got a warning. I have no reason to ban you nor is it in my heart to do so. However, I think your real beef is the fact that you can't go wreak havoc in the Christian Forum, so you have an axe to grind as evident by this thread.

I am only one mod on this forum and I am not going to apologize because I am Christian nor will I for doing my duty as a mod and enforcing the guidelines. If you wish to continue this discussion I'll ask that you do so via PM so that this thread can get back on topic.
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 10-05-2005, 10:18 AM   #20
RoadClosed
Sirius Star
 
RoadClosed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow
Posts: 5,758
RoadClosed will become famous soon enoughRoadClosed will become famous soon enough
Default

Well hell on a stick...


If you don't like rants, move along punchy,

I am GLAD the moderators kept this thread open and in the ROCK category. This thread is on topic, it's about ROCK. Posting about Iron Maiden in the Christian forum has only one outcome, to patronize. It's like posting German Neo-Nazi bands in the Soul forum. And then looking like a hurt puss boy when they get pissed off.

A couple of people have answered for me, kudos. I am NOT a christian but I am NOT a fascist either. Not EVEN close. I respect allot of dudes that listen to Hard Attack, BuzzSaw etc... and I thought they could appreciate the bands on Revolution. No hidden agenda there just excitement about some cool bands. And then I popped a pun of sorts. Because the music IS revolutionary and it does put Hard Attack to shame sometimes when they are playing some ballad or friggin Korn AGAIN, and I turn over the channel and someone is screaming at me jamming some kick ass quitar - who the fuck cares if he's saying Jesus kicks ass. And it totally surprise me, I thought I would hear some Donny Osmond wanna be. Instead I get something like Black Flag and a spectrum of good stuff.

I can go an hour and not even hear the taboo words of God or Jesus. When did they become censored? But a "Jesus loves you" comment now and then doesn't bother me. When it gets preachy I am back to hard attack wishing I was in the fucking mosh pit in front of Pantera. Kicking the shit out of some fascist with my mosh pit boots.

There are some restrictions on the Christians channel because assholes will go there and pretend their intelligent and post some fucked up shit just so they can go jack off in a corner and feel good about themselves.

There was not a damn word about "Christianity" in my post. Peace all. Thanks for keeping this open. It's fair.
__________________
West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.


God does not believe in Athiests. Therefore they do not exist.
RoadClosed is offline  
 
 
Old 10-05-2005, 10:33 AM   #21
RoadClosed
Sirius Star
 
RoadClosed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow
Posts: 5,758
RoadClosed will become famous soon enoughRoadClosed will become famous soon enough
Default

OK BACK ON TOPIC.

Seriously, these bands are good enough to be in the rock category. I know the are christian but alot of the bands are mainstream. I was totally surprise to see many names on my PNP. It's doesn't fit with Country. It's a travesty!
__________________
West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.


God does not believe in Athiests. Therefore they do not exist.
RoadClosed is offline  
 
 
Old 10-05-2005, 10:46 AM   #22
msanthrope
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Dec 07, 2004
Posts: 209
msanthrope is on a distinguished road
Default

The name of the category is Country/Christian. You got your Christian Rock channel AND a Christian category. It's a travesty for a Christian channel to be in the Christian category? Apparently we define "travesty" differently.
msanthrope is offline  
 
 
Old 10-05-2005, 11:01 AM   #23
Fergz99
Sirius Star
ALL Right I am going to say it.....
 
Join Date: Feb 24, 2005
Posts: 2,000
Fergz99 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadClosed
OK BACK ON TOPIC.

Seriously, these bands are good enough to be in the rock category. I know the are christian but alot of the bands are mainstream. I was totally surprise to see many names on my PNP. It's doesn't fit with Country. It's a travesty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadClosed
There was not a damn word about "Christianity" in my post

It really doesn't matter if the bands are heavy or not. Revolution only plays christian music, you can look past that fact, I can't.

There have been plenty of threads in the last few days locked and directed to the main thread of the new channel. In the thread for this channel on the board it belongs on someone even told you that posting about it here would get a reaction. If all of the coffee house threads get locked and told to go to the main one why is it okay for two revolution threads ?

Revolution only plays christian music so all discussions of that stream should be held on the christian forum. Why is it so important to you to have 2 threads going about this stream on two differnet boards ?
Fergz99 is offline  
 
 
Old 10-05-2005, 11:54 AM   #24
RoadClosed
Sirius Star
 
RoadClosed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow
Posts: 5,758
RoadClosed will become famous soon enoughRoadClosed will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Revolution only plays christian music so all discussions of that stream should be held on the christian forum. Why is it so important to you to have 2 threads going about this stream on two different boards ?
It's not. Don't give a rats ass if anyone responded here but what I like is the fact that the thread wasn't closed or moved to a forum where the topic already exists.

Why are you so pissed that Iron Maiden got moved over to the rock forum. What does it have to do with Christianity? It's in an essence anti- christian. Even though they kick utmost ass. (I edited the band name, quoted the wrong one in my hell spawn fury)

However the Revolution channel is full of rock by Evanescence (don't tell the little goths skiddies that) and a host of others. My point, IN the ROCK forum is the music is good. Simple. In addition it's in the Country Category when it's harder allot of the time than Hard Attack or Octane.

And to comment to msanthrope - That is a travesty because Country makes me want to gouge my eyes out. But I won't go into the country category and post KMFDM making fun of their stereotypical hick ass.

I wasn't making a point other that it's good rock. If you all want to bring Christianity in on it fine. I don't give a shit. Most of the bands will get played on Octane anyway. It was the odd one that I was trying to say, hey check out this channel. And I still think it deserves a position in ROCK on Sirius. Hell I go between Hard Attack, Octane, and Revolution. Sure I prefer Hard Attack and Jose - Halloween is my Favorite time of the year, skulls are my favorite accoutrement but a simple point. Revolution is good music. And I wanted to start an adult conversation that it perhaps does not deserve to be hailed as country or restricted to only Christians. Even though the christian forum is moderated so they keep it clean like they enjoy and perhaps bring on some new members who wouldn't like talking about Lamb of God, Demon Hunter, Judas Priest, Slayer, hell it would probably kill em from pure shock.

This thread is NOT christian related but there are those who want to force it so.
__________________
West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.


God does not believe in Athiests. Therefore they do not exist.
RoadClosed is offline  
 
 
Old 10-05-2005, 12:01 PM   #25
DaJoker
Sirius Star
 
DaJoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 23, 2004
Location: Roanoke, VA.
Posts: 2,853
DaJoker will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to DaJoker Send a message via AIM to DaJoker Send a message via MSN to DaJoker Send a message via Yahoo to DaJoker ALL Right I am going to say it.....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadClosed
This thread is NOT christian related but there are those who want to force it so.
And there it is in a nutshell.
__________________
Sirius: Stiletto 100, Kenwood MP6025+902, Stratus+SUHC1+USB
XM: Roady2 + Personal Kit, Kenwood DPX701+XMD1000

DaJoker is offline  
 
 
Old 10-05-2005, 12:05 PM   #26
RoadClosed
Sirius Star
 
RoadClosed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow
Posts: 5,758
RoadClosed will become famous soon enoughRoadClosed will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
why is it okay for two revolution threads ?
Becasuse this one is about ROCK. You made your point. You don't think Revolution should have a place in ROCK. And it should not be moved from it's spot in country. Judus Priest is also about rock. And it belongs here as well.
__________________
West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.


God does not believe in Athiests. Therefore they do not exist.
RoadClosed is offline  
 
 
Old 10-05-2005, 12:12 PM   #27
deadhead13
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: Feb 08, 2005
Location: florida
Posts: 1,766
deadhead13 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ALL Right I am going to say it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadClosed
Revolution deserves official Rock Status in the kick ass category. I don't care who you are or what you think, it about the music and it's good rock, good bands, and good mix. R O C K S, it fact since the exposure is new to me perhaps it's "revolution"ary.
Face it! It's not really rock. It's religious music played harder and luoder. But, it still is not what rock is.

Rock is anti-establishment.

Christian rock is for the christian establishment.
deadhead13 is offline  
 
 
Old 10-05-2005, 12:18 PM   #28
RoadClosed
Sirius Star
 
RoadClosed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow
Posts: 5,758
RoadClosed will become famous soon enoughRoadClosed will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Face it! It's not really rock. It's religious music played harder and luoder. But, it still is not what rock is.

Rock is anti-establishment.

Christian rock is for the christian establishment.
That's a good point. I would call U2 anti-establsihement or anti political in a sense. Songs like Bloody Sunday, Bullet in Blue sky etc got me going as a teen. FUCK THE BRITS! FUCK THE U.S. WAR MACHINE!

But you make a good point it's not the same but it still makes my head bang and not all the songs are about love and peace. Some are down rite angry. And it's anger and energy that drive metal.
__________________
West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.


God does not believe in Athiests. Therefore they do not exist.
RoadClosed is offline  
 
 
Old 10-05-2005, 01:02 PM   #29
msanthrope
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Dec 07, 2004
Posts: 209
msanthrope is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadClosed
I would call U2 anti-establsihement or anti political in a sense. Songs like Bloody Sunday, Bullet in Blue sky etc got me going as a teen. FUCK THE BRITS! FUCK THE U.S. WAR MACHINE!
This is off topic, but U2 was never anti-establisment nor anti-political. They were anti-Reagan, anti-Thatcher, anti-IRA, anti-US support of corrupt regimes in South America and anti-televangelist; so was much of "the establishment" in Europe and Ireland.

On topic, of course this tread is about Christianity. Revolution is a CHRISTIAN rock station. Not wanting to flip through Country stations is why presets were invented. If that is too hard, you can skip to the Jazz category, go back one channel (68 - Praise), and the next channel is revolution. See, no country!
msanthrope is offline  
 
 
Old 10-05-2005, 01:14 PM   #30
RoadClosed
Sirius Star
 
RoadClosed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow
Posts: 5,758
RoadClosed will become famous soon enoughRoadClosed will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
They were anti-Reagan, anti-Thatcher, anti-IRA, anti-US support of corrupt regimes in South America and anti-televangelist;
What do you call anti establishment dude? That WAS the establsihment to me.

Since I am not a christian I am not sure how this thread became a christian post. It's the non-christians making it so which is even more interesting.

Quote:
Not wanting to flip through Country stations is why presets were invented
No shit. That's a joke. Still doesn't change the original intent of the thread. It's NOT country. Hell most rock bands actually do cross over. Eagles, Crosby Stills Nash, Young, Pink Floyd, Jefferson Airplane, Cream just about anyone is more country. That's all. Nothing hidden no desire to convert anyone. Just a comment. Related only to music.

Rock doesn't have to only mean death metal.
__________________
West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.


God does not believe in Athiests. Therefore they do not exist.
RoadClosed is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.