Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

SIRIUS Rock The top tracks from the legends of rock n' roll, along side Underground, Alternative and Metal styles...all served up with the deepest Blues and the roots of Reggae.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 10-26-2005, 10:56 AM   #31
headbangerharry
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 05, 2005
Location: HARD ATTACKING IN ESCONDIDO, CA
Posts: 873
headbangerharry is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks80
This is probably the main reason why Hard Attack is still around and XM Liquid Metal is gone. Hard Attack came up with a formula that can please the fans of various types/eras of metal, while XMLM focused on a very small portion of the metal community.

Metal Gods week was my "perfect" metal station, but even since it's been gone, I still know I can check out Hard Attack and have a decent chance of hearing some of my favorite, classic metal. These guys do a great job and really seem to focus on pleasing their listeners!
Did Liquid Metal have specialty shows like Contact High, Bloody Roots and Beyond the Pit? I think having this variety along with the live interviews and live jams on the air make this station what it is.
__________________
HEADBANGING ON SINCE 2002!!!
headbangerharry is offline  
 
 
Old 10-26-2005, 11:00 AM   #32
seahawks80
Rocket Scientist
All I can say is WoW HardAttack WoW!!
 
Join Date: Dec 28, 2003
Location: Waxhaw, NC
Posts: 908
seahawks80 will become famous soon enough
Default

Honestly, I didn't listen to XMLM much since it was way too heavy/fringe for my tastes. I think they had at least 1 special show where they'd focus on rap-metal, but I don't know much else about their programming schedule.

Hard Attack defintiely offers a great mix of programming that many factions of the metal community can appreciate!
seahawks80 is offline  
 
 
Old 10-26-2005, 11:02 AM   #33
headbangerharry
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 05, 2005
Location: HARD ATTACKING IN ESCONDIDO, CA
Posts: 873
headbangerharry is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks80
Honestly, I didn't listen to XMLM much since it was way too heavy/fringe for my tastes. I think they had at least 1 special show where they'd focus on rap-metal, but I don't know much else about their programming schedule.

Hard Attack defintiely offers a great mix of programming that many factions of the metal community can appreciate!
Cool...thanks for the quick post!
__________________
HEADBANGING ON SINCE 2002!!!
headbangerharry is offline  
 
 
Old 10-26-2005, 01:51 PM   #34
mindriot
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: May 15, 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 206
mindriot is on a distinguished road
Default

Hard Attack is definitely one kick ass channel. Let the XM fans talk all they want about how metal is supposedly dead. Sirius is known as THE satellite radio provider for hard rock and metal.

XM does play some heavy music... the problem is you have to listen to the worst tracks off the least popular albums from Vixen, Winger, or Faster Pussycat to hear Slayer, Overkill, or Megadeth on the Boneyard. Want new metal? Well you can listen to Nickelback and Three Doors Down to wait for something from Shadows Fall or Lamb Of God on Squizz. Not only did XM delete Liquid Metal, but their recent deletion of MTV Radio canned the Headbangers Ball show that was on for two hours weekly.

Do a search on XMfan.com for some of the most popular new metal bands, keeping in mind that XMLM and MTV Radio no longer exist. The last time Mastodon was played on Squizz was August 3rd. Trivium hasn't been played at all. The last time XM played Children of Bodom was October 8th at 1:08 AM.

While XMLM served it's niche nicely, the station was very one-dimension. Hard Attack covers all heavy metal... from Sabbath, Priest, and Maiden to 80s Thrash Metal to Nu-Metal to what's popular today, including the extreme stuff that XMLM played 24/7. The listener interaction on the station is great, and the DJs are as passionate about the music as any hardcore listener could be. XMLM seemed nothing more than a bunch of CDs from the heaviest bands imaginable on shuffle.

If we're counting the number of metal stations on Sirius, don't forget Octane which plays the bigger songs from Sabbath, Pantera, Priest, Metallica, Megadeth, etc. along with the singles from bands like Mudvayne, Slipknot, and Avenged Sevenfold which Hard Attack plays deeper songs from. Faction also plays a good amount of heavy stuff once in a while.
mindriot is offline  
 
 
Old 10-26-2005, 02:07 PM   #35
headbangerharry
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 05, 2005
Location: HARD ATTACKING IN ESCONDIDO, CA
Posts: 873
headbangerharry is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindriot
Hard Attack is definitely one kick ass channel. Let the XM fans talk all they want about how metal is supposedly dead. Sirius is known as THE satellite radio provider for hard rock and metal.

XM does play some heavy music... the problem is you have to listen to the worst tracks off the least popular albums from Vixen, Winger, or Faster Pussycat to hear Slayer, Overkill, or Megadeth on the Boneyard. Want new metal? Well you can listen to Nickelback and Three Doors Down to wait for something from Shadows Fall or Lamb Of God on Squizz. Not only did XM delete Liquid Metal, but their recent deletion of MTV Radio canned the Headbangers Ball show that was on for two hours weekly.

Do a search on XMfan.com for some of the most popular new metal bands, keeping in mind that XMLM and MTV Radio no longer exist. The last time Mastodon was played on Squizz was August 3rd. Trivium hasn't been played at all. The last time XM played Children of Bodom was October 8th at 1:08 AM.

While XMLM served it's niche nicely, the station was very one-dimension. Hard Attack covers all heavy metal... from Sabbath, Priest, and Maiden to 80s Thrash Metal to Nu-Metal to what's popular today, including the extreme stuff that XMLM played 24/7. The listener interaction on the station is great, and the DJs are as passionate about the music as any hardcore listener could be. XMLM seemed nothing more than a bunch of CDs from the heaviest bands imaginable on shuffle.

If we're counting the number of metal stations on Sirius, don't forget Octane which plays the bigger songs from Sabbath, Pantera, Priest, Metallica, Megadeth, etc. along with the singles from bands like Mudvayne, Slipknot, and Avenged Sevenfold which Hard Attack plays deeper songs from. Faction also plays a good amount of heavy stuff once in a while.
Considering the exposure Mastodon and Trivium rec'd on Ozzfest 2nd stage this summer, that really surprises me!!!

And what about Buzzsaw which occasionally plays a classic Ozzy song, for example.

And when the highly anticipated Slipknot's 3rd major release came out in May 2004, noone had the balls to play the songs except the radio-friendly Vermillion. Hard Attack played a total of eight songs in heavy rotation over the summer last year!!!

Hard Attack is attacking the metal scene the way radio was meant to be!

P.S. Wish I had joined earlier than two years ago!!!
__________________
HEADBANGING ON SINCE 2002!!!
headbangerharry is offline  
 
 
Old 10-26-2005, 06:20 PM   #36
gilpdawg
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 20, 2004
Location: New Paris, OH
Posts: 830
gilpdawg is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbangerharry
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks80
This is probably the main reason why Hard Attack is still around and XM Liquid Metal is gone. Hard Attack came up with a formula that can please the fans of various types/eras of metal, while XMLM focused on a very small portion of the metal community.

Metal Gods week was my "perfect" metal station, but even since it's been gone, I still know I can check out Hard Attack and have a decent chance of hearing some of my favorite, classic metal. These guys do a great job and really seem to focus on pleasing their listeners!
Did Liquid Metal have specialty shows like Contact High, Bloody Roots and Beyond the Pit? I think having this variety along with the live interviews and live jams on the air make this station what it is.
Liquid Metal had "Compton" which sucked. Rap-metal. More rap than metal though. Kottonmouth Kings and ICP and stuff like that.
They had "Mercury" which was basically their version of Beyond the Pit.
For a time, although they killed it about a year before they killed the channel completely, they had "Rust" which was basically old school thrash. All these shows were 30 minutes long.
gilpdawg is offline  
 
 
Old 10-26-2005, 07:06 PM   #37
coasterpunk
Mixologist
 
coasterpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 04, 2004
Location: Shamokin, PA
Posts: 357
coasterpunk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to coasterpunk Send a message via MSN to coasterpunk Send a message via Yahoo to coasterpunk
Default

Was there even a need for a rap-metal show?

The other shows could have been cool but only 30 minute time slots would suck.
coasterpunk is offline  
 
 
Old 10-27-2005, 02:27 PM   #38
lafours
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Oct 28, 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 58
lafours is on a distinguished road
Default

Hard Attack was the only reason I got Sirius...

but now that I have had it for over a year I have a whole range of channels and music I enjoy along with some cool talk shows...

Liquid Metal was just plain crap even when it was an active station..my brother had it and I was really dissapointed.. So I tried the 3 day on-line trial of Sirius and I was hooked..Hard Attack was the metal station I was willing to pay for!
lafours is offline  
 
 
Old 10-27-2005, 02:49 PM   #39
headbangerharry
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 05, 2005
Location: HARD ATTACKING IN ESCONDIDO, CA
Posts: 873
headbangerharry is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafours
Hard Attack was the only reason I got Sirius...

but now that I have had it for over a year I have a whole range of channels and music I enjoy along with some cool talk shows...

Liquid Metal was just plain crap even when it was an active station..my brother had it and I was really dissapointed.. So I tried the 3 day on-line trial of Sirius and I was hooked..Hard Attack was the metal station I was willing to pay for!
It was my only reason too! But I tried a few more 3 day trials than you before I "signed the dotted line" on a long term contract. Lucky my provider gives me multiple email accounts.
__________________
HEADBANGING ON SINCE 2002!!!
headbangerharry is offline  
 
 
Old 11-10-2005, 11:35 PM   #40
duramaxlb7
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Jan 27, 2005
Posts: 29
duramaxlb7 is on a distinguished road
Default

I liked Liquid Metal but Hard Attack blows them away by miles. If your a rock, metal head SiRIUS 0wns. I hope Hard Attack doesn't go anywhere one of the best channels on Sirius. Everyone knows this type of music aint popular like it once was but there is no reason to get rid of it im sure there is plenty metal heads out there still. XM sucks bad if your a rock metal head! Long live HARD ATTACK AND SIRIUS!
duramaxlb7 is offline  
 
 
Old 11-12-2005, 11:17 AM   #41
RoadClosed
Sirius Star
 
RoadClosed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow
Posts: 5,758
RoadClosed will become famous soon enoughRoadClosed will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
but now that I have had it for over a year I have a whole range of channels and music I enjoy along with some cool talk shows...
I bought it for a particular genre but I too have long since abanded those chains. I think all the new Howard Stern buyers will be surprised at what they are actually getting.
__________________
West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.


God does not believe in Athiests. Therefore they do not exist.
RoadClosed is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.