Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

SIRIUS Rock The top tracks from the legends of rock n' roll, along side Underground, Alternative and Metal styles...all served up with the deepest Blues and the roots of Reggae.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 12-26-2006, 07:26 PM   #1
dan9124
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Jun 20, 2006
Posts: 21
dan9124 is on a distinguished road
Default Anybody else hear Madison mock James Brown's death?

She did it on Tuesday around 5 or 6 EST on Alt Nation 21. Making sarcastic comments and fake "boohoo"-ing. I found it to be pretty offensive, and pretty insensitive to mock the death of anyone like that.
dan9124 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-26-2006, 07:55 PM   #2
Fergz99
Sirius Star
Anybody else hear Madison mock James Brown's death?
 
Join Date: Feb 24, 2005
Posts: 2,000
Fergz99 will become famous soon enough
Default

What else would you expect from Madison ?
Fergz99 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-26-2006, 08:28 PM   #3
Jaymez
Mixologist
 
Join Date: Dec 04, 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 259
Jaymez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jaymez Send a message via Yahoo to Jaymez
Default

Not everyone is sensitive about death. I made a few crude comments myself, but, I'm not on the radio to piss anyone off.
Jaymez is offline  
 
 
Old 12-26-2006, 10:09 PM   #4
lp
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Jan 11, 2006
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 138
lp is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan9124
She did it on Tuesday around 5 or 6 EST on Alt Nation 21. Making sarcastic comments and fake "boohoo"-ing. I found it to be pretty offensive, and pretty insensitive to mock the death of anyone like that.
I'm pretty rough on dead people too. No disrespect meant but the first thing I said to my wife upon learning of JB's death was...."Wooow! I feel dead..."

Sorry
__________________
Long Paul
Buzzsaw/19
M-F 12p-6p EDT
Sa-Su 9a-12p EDT
Hair Nation/23
Sa-Su 6p-12a EDT
Classic Rewind/15
Sa-Su 12p-6p EDT
lp is offline  
 
 
Old 12-26-2006, 11:52 PM   #5
Cyco Miko
Channel Surfer
 
Cyco Miko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2006
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 72
Cyco Miko is on a distinguished road
Default

Yeah Long Paul, but that has a sense of humor to it that I think more people can appreciate compared to what Madison did in mocking his death...but as Fergz said...it's Madison. We all deal with it our certain ways and hell or high water someone is gonna get offended!

That's my two cents, I am not old enough to appreciate the musical impact he made when he made it.

...hopefully where he is, he isn't sing these lyrics:

"Hot pants- hey hot pants uh! smokin
Hot pants- smokin that-hot pants"

RIP
__________________
Sirius + 27 = HARD ATTACK
Cyco Miko is offline  
 
 
Old 12-27-2006, 01:45 PM   #6
araxen
Rocket Scientist
 
araxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 15, 2004
Location: La Salle, IL
Posts: 668
araxen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to araxen Send a message via AIM to araxen
Default

Madison is a classless bitch. Hopefully this gets her fired.
araxen is offline  
 
 
Old 12-27-2006, 06:32 PM   #7
dan9124
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Jun 20, 2006
Posts: 21
dan9124 is on a distinguished road
Default

yeah, i understand if you wanna make a comment about it in private to a few people. It may be insensitive, but that's ok if it's in private. But if you're on the radio broadcasting to thousands of ppl, I think it's best to keep bad-mouthing the dead off the air...good to see I'm not the only one who hates Madison. I hated her before this, now I just hate her more...
dan9124 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-28-2006, 05:03 AM   #8
mjcalohan
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Dec 28, 2006
Posts: 5
mjcalohan is on a distinguished road
Default

Dude so what! So what she mocked a drug abusing wife beaters death. Big deal, the guy deserved ZERO respect as a man and music will only get you so far in life and nowhere in the beyond. James Brown was nothing to idolize and was indeed PRIME for death mocking.

If she mocked Pres Ford, yeah... the dude was a stand up guy. That I'd have a problem with.
mjcalohan is offline  
 
 
Old 12-28-2006, 12:40 PM   #9
araxen
Rocket Scientist
 
araxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 15, 2004
Location: La Salle, IL
Posts: 668
araxen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to araxen Send a message via AIM to araxen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcalohan
Dude so what! So what she mocked a drug abusing wife beaters death. Big deal, the guy deserved ZERO respect as a man and music will only get you so far in life and nowhere in the beyond. James Brown was nothing to idolize and was indeed PRIME for death mocking.

If she mocked Pres Ford, yeah... the dude was a stand up guy. That I'd have a problem with.
Why excuse Pres Ford? The guy pardoned a president that was going to be impeached. He's not a stand up guy. He helped his buddy get our of jail.
araxen is offline  
 
 
Old 12-28-2006, 01:48 PM   #10
onedeep
Channel Surfer
 
onedeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 01, 2006
Posts: 41
onedeep is on a distinguished road
Default

No, President Ford helped the country move on from a scandal and deal with more pressing issues. While he was brought to task in immedate moments after he did it, most people now realize that it was one of the best things that he could have done for this nation at the time.

And if that moment is all you know about him, then you don't know anything at all.

On topic:
I see both sides of the issue here with Madison. James Brown was a huge influence on music when he was at his peak. Most of the music you listen to on stations like Alt Nation can trace their roots directly back to him. So in that respect, Madison was way out of line.

However, he was a drunk and a wife beater, and hadn't done anything of note in the music world for nearly 30 years. So in that respect, F him. The world is better off without sick bastards like him in it.

Last edited by onedeep; 12-28-2006 at 01:53 PM..
onedeep is offline  
 
 
Old 12-28-2006, 02:40 PM   #11
BigSexy
Mixologist
 
BigSexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 06, 2006
Posts: 479
BigSexy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedeep
No, President Ford helped the country move on from a scandal and deal with more pressing issues. While he was brought to task in immedate moments after he did it, most people now realize that it was one of the best things that he could have done for this nation at the time.

And if that moment is all you know about him, then you don't know anything at all.

On topic:
I see both sides of the issue here with Madison. James Brown was a huge influence on music when he was at his peak. Most of the music you listen to on stations like Alt Nation can trace their roots directly back to him. So in that respect, Madison was way out of line.

However, he was a drunk and a wife beater, and hadn't done anything of note in the music world for nearly 30 years. So in that respect, F him. The world is better off without sick bastards like him in it.
What a load of horsecrap. The nation needed a Nixon pardon to move on ??!!! Where do ppl think up this horsecrap ??? What sort of example does that set for future generations? It's ABSOLUTELY true that Ford did it to help out a friend. If a person commits a crime of that magnitude, they should pay for it. If that was Bill Clinton pardoning Jimmy Carter for those crimes, we'd still be hearing about it to this day on Limbaugh, Beck etc. Also, on a lighter front, its rather ironic that he called Ford a "stand-up guy" when he had a little trouble staying on his feet.
BigSexy is offline  
 
 
Old 12-29-2006, 12:37 AM   #12
mjcalohan
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Dec 28, 2006
Posts: 5
mjcalohan is on a distinguished road
Default

Dude what are you talking about. The term stand up guy just means he's a good man. Seriously if you can't bring more to the table than criticizing Ford for the pardon then move along junior.

Just because someone did a few things that were really cool in life does not excuse you for being a drug abuser and a wife beater. Madison has EVERY RIGHT to laugh at his death. So do I, so do you, if you wanna jump Madison's case pick a subject you can defend because this one you got owned on.
mjcalohan is offline  
 
 
Old 12-29-2006, 02:01 AM   #13
araxen
Rocket Scientist
 
araxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 15, 2004
Location: La Salle, IL
Posts: 668
araxen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to araxen Send a message via AIM to araxen
Default

Good men, don't pardon people that have committed crimes against the country.
araxen is offline  
 
 
Old 12-30-2006, 08:48 PM   #14
donny
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2005
Posts: 34
donny is on a distinguished road
Default

Another example of why she should get the boot.
donny is offline  
 
 
Old 12-31-2006, 01:44 AM   #15
dan9124
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Jun 20, 2006
Posts: 21
dan9124 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcalohan
Dude what are you talking about. The term stand up guy just means he's a good man. Seriously if you can't bring more to the table than criticizing Ford for the pardon then move along junior.

Just because someone did a few things that were really cool in life does not excuse you for being a drug abuser and a wife beater. Madison has EVERY RIGHT to laugh at his death. So do I, so do you, if you wanna jump Madison's case pick a subject you can defend because this one you got owned on.
The point of this is not to say who deserves to be respected more when they are gone, Brown or Ford. That is childish and ignorant. EVERYONE deserves to be respected at death, as long as said someone hasn't committed inexcusable crimes like killing loads of people or something like that. All I was trying to say is, how can someone lack so much class as to go on the radio and mock a man's death that obviously a lot of people have respect for (See the memorial services in NY and ATL)? If you, personally, have a problem with the man and feel the need to stoop to an immature level of mocking and laughing at him at the time of his death, go right ahead, you're not on the radio, where thousands of people who loved and respected the man could be listening.
dan9124 is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anybody hear Madison on Stern? araxen SIRIUS Rock 17 01-15-2006 12:40 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.