Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

SIRIUS Rock The top tracks from the legends of rock n' roll, along side Underground, Alternative and Metal styles...all served up with the deepest Blues and the roots of Reggae.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 01-04-2007, 01:35 PM   #1
Beefsteak
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Jan 26, 2005
Posts: 5
Beefsteak is on a distinguished road
Default Left of Center top 26 of 2006

Anyone have this list? I've only heard bits and pieces of the countdown so far, and would be interested in seeing who made the cut.

Thanks in advance.
Beefsteak is offline  
 
 
Old 01-04-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
phrenetic
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2006
Posts: 95
phrenetic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to phrenetic
Default

I know it starts with Yo La Tengo "Mr. Tough" at #26 and ends with either "Smile" or "LDN" by Lily Allen at #1. I don't know if they edited but when I caught it Jake TOTALLY botched the #1 song and ended up talking through practically the entire #1 song.
phrenetic is offline  
 
 
Old 01-04-2007, 08:18 PM   #3
WayneEdwards
Sirius Star
Left of Center top 26 of 2006
 
WayneEdwards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 25, 2006
Posts: 1,506
WayneEdwards is on a distinguished road
Default

I love Lily Allen! She's what teenage girls should be listening to instead of that Fergie crap. I guess true talent really can be found on myspace....at least in her case. LDN and Smile are great, as is Knock 'Em Out.
WayneEdwards is offline  
 
 
Old 01-06-2007, 10:31 PM   #4
phrenetic
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2006
Posts: 95
phrenetic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to phrenetic
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneEdwards
I love Lily Allen! She's what teenage girls should be listening to instead of that Fergie crap. I guess true talent really can be found on myspace....at least in her case. LDN and Smile are great, as is Knock 'Em Out.
Yea she is good. Although now that I think of it I think #1 was Regina Spektor and "Fidelity". Still a great song though.
phrenetic is offline  
 
 
Old 01-08-2007, 02:06 PM   #5
semipenguin
Sirius Star
Left of Center top 26 of 2006
 
semipenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 25, 2005
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 5,350
semipenguin has a spectacular aura aboutsemipenguin has a spectacular aura aboutsemipenguin has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to semipenguin
Thumbs up

Lily Allen is cool. She's very creative...

Here's her wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lily_Allen
__________________
duane...
semipenguin is offline  
 
 
Old 01-09-2007, 07:47 AM   #6
szwolf34601
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2007
Posts: 6
szwolf34601 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrenetic
I know it starts with Yo La Tengo "Mr. Tough" at #26 and ends with either "Smile" or "LDN" by Lily Allen at #1. I don't know if they edited but when I caught it Jake TOTALLY botched the #1 song and ended up talking through practically the entire #1 song.
Jake ruins left of center for me I find him unlistenable thank god for the other hundred plus channels
szwolf34601 is offline  
 
 
Old 01-09-2007, 09:18 AM   #7
Beefsteak
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Jan 26, 2005
Posts: 5
Beefsteak is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by szwolf34601
Jake ruins left of center for me I find him unlistenable thank god for the other hundred plus channels
I pretty much hate all the DJ's. They're really unnecessary, IMO. Just play music and shut up.
Beefsteak is offline  
 
 
Old 01-09-2007, 09:44 AM   #8
szwolf34601
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2007
Posts: 6
szwolf34601 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefsteak
I pretty much hate all the DJ's. They're really unnecessary, IMO. Just play music and shut up.
some of them are ok giving info etc but this jake guy rambles on and tries to be funny and isn't.
szwolf34601 is offline  
 
 
Old 01-09-2007, 12:05 PM   #9
phrenetic
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2006
Posts: 95
phrenetic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to phrenetic
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by szwolf34601
some of them are ok giving info etc but this jake guy rambles on and tries to be funny and isn't.
Yea they ramble on sometimes but bleh. It doesn't ruin the station for me. I do tend to switch because the playlist repeats itself somewhat. Blog Radio and Zeroes + Ones are the main reason I like this station.
phrenetic is offline  
 
 
Old 01-11-2007, 06:46 PM   #10
JDsTechnoSong
Just Tuned In
 
JDsTechnoSong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 11, 2007
Location: So.Cal
Posts: 1
JDsTechnoSong is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

I think the top 26 kinda sucked. No Clap Your Hands Say Yeah....Booo.
JDsTechnoSong is offline  
 
 
Old 01-12-2007, 11:39 AM   #11
phrenetic
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2006
Posts: 95
phrenetic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to phrenetic
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDsTechnoSong
I think the top 26 kinda sucked. No Clap Your Hands Say Yeah....Booo.
CYHSY is excellent and indeed a shame they were left off the top 26. Was "Roscoe" by Midlake on the list? I don't remember. It should be though.
phrenetic is offline  
 
 
Old 01-13-2007, 12:10 AM   #12
bryansinger
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2007
Posts: 5
bryansinger is on a distinguished road
Default

number 1 through 26


Regina Spektor, "Fidelity"
Placebo, "Meds"
The Raconteurs, "Hands"
Lily Allen, "LDN"
The Hold Steady, "Chips Ahoy"
TV On The Radio, "Wolf Like Me"
The Knife, "We Share Our Mother's Health"
Thom Yorke, "Black Swan"
The Decemberists, "O Valencia"
Band Of Horses, "The Funeral"
Belle And Sebastian, "Another Sunny Day"
Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Phenomena"
Arctic Monkeys, "When The Sun Goes Down"
She Wants Revenge, "Out Of Control"
Editors, "Bullets"
The Strokes, "You Only Live Once"
Cat Power, "Living Proof"
The Thermals, "A Pillar Of Salt"
Tom Waits, "Long Way Home"
Sonic Youth, "Incinerate"
Jenny Lewis, "The Big Guns"
Mew, "The Zookeeper's Boy"
The Rapture, "Get Myself Into It"
The Futureheads, "Skip To The End"
Neko Case, "Star Witnesss"
Yo La Tengo, "Mr. Tough"
bryansinger is offline  
 
 
Old 01-15-2007, 11:55 AM   #13
szwolf34601
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2007
Posts: 6
szwolf34601 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by semipenguin
Lily Allen is cool. She's very creative...

Here's her wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lily_Allen
enjoy her work and I am old
szwolf34601 is offline  
 
 
Old 01-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #14
Beefsteak
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Jan 26, 2005
Posts: 5
Beefsteak is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansinger
number 1 through 26


Regina Spektor, "Fidelity"
Placebo, "Meds"
The Raconteurs, "Hands"
Lily Allen, "LDN"
The Hold Steady, "Chips Ahoy"
TV On The Radio, "Wolf Like Me"
The Knife, "We Share Our Mother's Health"
Thom Yorke, "Black Swan"
The Decemberists, "O Valencia"
Band Of Horses, "The Funeral"
Belle And Sebastian, "Another Sunny Day"
Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Phenomena"
Arctic Monkeys, "When The Sun Goes Down"
She Wants Revenge, "Out Of Control"
Editors, "Bullets"
The Strokes, "You Only Live Once"
Cat Power, "Living Proof"
The Thermals, "A Pillar Of Salt"
Tom Waits, "Long Way Home"
Sonic Youth, "Incinerate"
Jenny Lewis, "The Big Guns"
Mew, "The Zookeeper's Boy"
The Rapture, "Get Myself Into It"
The Futureheads, "Skip To The End"
Neko Case, "Star Witnesss"
Yo La Tengo, "Mr. Tough"
Thanks.
Beefsteak is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sirius Essential Selection - Wishlist SimonH SIRIUS Electronic & Dance 30 07-31-2006 09:26 AM
First Wave: Too commercial? WayneEdwards SIRIUS Rock 17 07-13-2006 02:09 PM
Buzzsaw = WOW !!!!!!!! WickedClownz SIRIUS Rock 43 02-20-2006 12:38 AM
Sirius Call Center kentjoung The Street 20 12-08-2003 10:57 AM
Left of Center crjb1 SIRIUS Rock 1 11-03-2003 03:52 AM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.