Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

SIRIUS Rock The top tracks from the legends of rock n' roll, along side Underground, Alternative and Metal styles...all served up with the deepest Blues and the roots of Reggae.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 01-27-2007, 10:52 PM   #61
JDP
Mixologist
 
JDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 05, 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 393
JDP is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveywallbanger
Nice to see a progressive rock thread arise again. Definitely need to see some intellectual rock on Sirius radio.

You got that right Harvey.


Sirius is incomplete at this time. We have confidence that they will right this wrong.
__________________
Join JDP's ProgRevolution!

http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum...ad.php?t=93075
JDP is offline  
 
 
Old 01-27-2007, 11:03 PM   #62
JDP
Mixologist
 
JDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 05, 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 393
JDP is on a distinguished road
Default

AOL Radio has an pretty good Progressive Rock Station.


AOL Radio. I'm not kidding. AOL sucks and they have a Progressive Rock station. AOL.


They're playing Supper's Ready by Genesis right now. A nice little 20 minute ditty.

Surely Sirius would like to consider themselves better than AOL Radio.
__________________
Join JDP's ProgRevolution!

http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum...ad.php?t=93075
JDP is offline  
 
 
Old 01-27-2007, 11:19 PM   #63
JDP
Mixologist
 
JDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 05, 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 393
JDP is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP
AOL Radio has an pretty good Progressive Rock Station.


AOL Radio. I'm not kidding. AOL sucks and they have a Progressive Rock station. AOL.


They're playing Supper's Ready by Genesis right now. A nice little 20 minute ditty.

Surely Sirius would like to consider themselves better than AOL Radio.
...and Supper's Ready is followed up by Arriving Somewhere but Not Here from Deadwing by Procupine Tree.

Wow.

Sirius... Hang your head in shame.
__________________
Join JDP's ProgRevolution!

http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum...ad.php?t=93075
JDP is offline  
 
 
Old 01-27-2007, 11:33 PM   #64
JDP
Mixologist
 
JDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 05, 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 393
JDP is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm not even gonna tell you what song was played next. Too depressing.


Why, oh why, would Sirius choose to not have a Progressive Rock Station?
__________________
Join JDP's ProgRevolution!

http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum...ad.php?t=93075
JDP is offline  
 
 
Old 01-28-2007, 06:29 PM   #65
SIRIusStockFan
Rocket Scientist
Progressive Rock
 
SIRIusStockFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 30, 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 657
SIRIusStockFan will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP View Post
Updated as ghostwriter joins the Progrevolution!!!

JDP's List of those who want a Progressive Rock Station....

1. JDP
2. Billm57
3. HomieG
4. River_King
5. Gary1
6. DieMonkeys
7. turnoff
8. tomp34
9. trek
10. semipenguin
11. turnoff
12. Mailman
13. ghostwriter
Good grief JDP dude, how did you not see my post saying that I was on the list at #13? lol

Put ghostwriter back one spot plz. Thanks!
__________________
SIRIusStockFan is offline  
 
 
Old 01-28-2007, 08:29 PM   #66
JDP
Mixologist
 
JDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 05, 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 393
JDP is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRIusStockFan View Post
Good grief JDP dude, how did you not see my post saying that I was on the list at #13? lol

Put ghostwriter back one spot plz. Thanks!
Please accept my apology.

Updated and corrected:

JDP's List of those who want a Progressive Rock Station....

1. JDP
2. Billm57
3. HomieG
4. River_King
5. Gary1
6. DieMonkeys
7. turnoff
8. tomp34
9. trek
10. semipenguin
11. turnoff
12. Mailman
13. SIRIusStockFan
14. ghostwriter
__________________
Join JDP's ProgRevolution!

http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum...ad.php?t=93075
JDP is offline  
 
 
Old 01-29-2007, 11:17 AM   #67
DieMonkeys
Channel Surfer
 
DieMonkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 26, 2006
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 78
DieMonkeys is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DieMonkeys
Default

Oh man. This AOL Radio thing is awesome. Now THIS is what Sirius needs to base the Progrevolution station on! Iluvatar, then Porcupine Tree (although they played an opening track that's supposed to continue into the next song, but they didn't play the next song), what next? King Crimson! This is my new home page.
DieMonkeys is offline  
 
 
Old 01-29-2007, 07:34 PM   #68
JDP
Mixologist
 
JDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 05, 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 393
JDP is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieMonkeys View Post
Oh man. This AOL Radio thing is awesome. Now THIS is what Sirius needs to base the Progrevolution station on! Iluvatar, then Porcupine Tree (although they played an opening track that's supposed to continue into the next song, but they didn't play the next song), what next? King Crimson! This is my new home page.
I got AOL when my kids were little so they could have their own screen names, etc (plus I had some control over their usage). I have no need for AOL anymore, but I keep it for the AOL Radio. They play songs by this group called Metaphor (they are heavily influenced by early Genesis) who are out of San Fran. I love every song they played by them. Tried to buy the album, but it's out of print now. I read on the Progressive Ears website that the ITunes Shop was now carrying the album, so I bought it. I can't stop listening.

AOL Radio's Progressive Station is really good. Sirius needs to get on the ball.
__________________
Join JDP's ProgRevolution!

http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum...ad.php?t=93075
JDP is offline  
 
 
Old 01-30-2007, 08:38 AM   #69
DieMonkeys
Channel Surfer
 
DieMonkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 26, 2006
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 78
DieMonkeys is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DieMonkeys
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP View Post
I got AOL when my kids were little so they could have their own screen names, etc (plus I had some control over their usage). I have no need for AOL anymore, but I keep it for the AOL Radio. They play songs by this group called Metaphor (they are heavily influenced by early Genesis) who are out of San Fran. I love every song they played by them. Tried to buy the album, but it's out of print now. I read on the Progressive Ears website that the ITunes Shop was now carrying the album, so I bought it. I can't stop listening.

AOL Radio's Progressive Station is really good. Sirius needs to get on the ball.
Well, I don't have AOL, yet I'm listening. So drop that AOL service, QUICKLY! But keep on listening to the radio. Also, the sound quality is much better on this radio than on the SIRIUS online radio (for free).
DieMonkeys is offline  
 
 
Old 01-30-2007, 08:25 PM   #70
JDP
Mixologist
 
JDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 05, 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 393
JDP is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieMonkeys View Post
Well, I don't have AOL, yet I'm listening. So drop that AOL service, QUICKLY! But keep on listening to the radio. Also, the sound quality is much better on this radio than on the SIRIUS online radio (for free).
Cool.
__________________
Join JDP's ProgRevolution!

http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum...ad.php?t=93075
JDP is offline  
 
 
Old 01-31-2007, 05:38 AM   #71
Billm57
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: May 31, 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 122
Billm57 is on a distinguished road
Default

I would also love to hear some of the old stuff form the German music scene from the early to mid 70's..groups like Gila, Can, Agitation Free, Ash Ra Temple, etc...
Can will occasionally pop up on Progressions but some of the other groups would be great to hear again on radio
Billm57 is offline  
 
 
Old 01-31-2007, 10:35 PM   #72
JDP
Mixologist
 
JDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 05, 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 393
JDP is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billm57 View Post
I would also love to hear some of the old stuff form the German music scene from the early to mid 70's..groups like Gila, Can, Agitation Free, Ash Ra Temple, etc...
Can will occasionally pop up on Progressions but some of the other groups would be great to hear again on radio
There is so much great progressive rock from around the world. If only I had unlimited funds... Or if Sirius had a great Progressive Rock Station.


Man, people would sign up in droves.
__________________
Join JDP's ProgRevolution!

http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum...ad.php?t=93075
JDP is offline  
 
 
Old 02-01-2007, 12:11 PM   #73
thecrumb
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Feb 01, 2007
Posts: 4
thecrumb is on a distinguished road
Default

I'll add my vote (new here)...

I've had Sirius for maybe 6 months now... I wish Sirius would shuffle their rock channels a bit - some seem a bit too similar to others in format and some seem missing... like progressive rock.

I'd also like a 'British metal' channel or something along those lines...
thecrumb is offline  
 
 
Old 02-01-2007, 12:15 PM   #74
thecrumb
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Feb 01, 2007
Posts: 4
thecrumb is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Throw me on the list. I don't think anyone's mentioned Liquid Tension Experiment. Great instrumental prog rock/metal.
+1 on LTE. My brother in law got me the latest DT DVD for Xmas. It has a great Dream Theater history segment on there... I'd love to see another LTE album.
thecrumb is offline  
 
 
Old 02-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #75
JDP
Mixologist
 
JDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 05, 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 393
JDP is on a distinguished road
Default

Updated:

JDP's List of those who want a Progressive Rock Station....

1. JDP
2. Billm57
3. HomieG
4. River_King
5. Gary1
6. DieMonkeys
7. turnoff
8. tomp34
9. trek
10. semipenguin
11. turnoff
12. Mailman
13. SIRIusStockFan
14. ghostwriter
15. thecrumb
__________________
Join JDP's ProgRevolution!

http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum...ad.php?t=93075
JDP is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TOM WAITS ? lance SIRIUS Rock 3 03-06-2006 09:51 PM
Buzzsaw = WOW !!!!!!!! WickedClownz SIRIUS Rock 43 02-20-2006 12:38 AM
Sirius Has Too Much Classic Rock Statomattic SIRIUS Music 31 10-21-2004 11:02 AM
Progressive Rock Stream? msburrier SIRIUS Rock 9 05-05-2004 11:37 PM
Progressive Rock Stream msburrier SIRIUS Dogstar Cafe 0 02-28-2004 08:34 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.