Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

SIRIUS Sports If you love the thrill of the game, SIRIUS offers the best in sports action streamed directly to your radio, no matter where you go. Keep up with the latest live broadcasts of the NBA and every NFL regular season game.

View Poll Results: Who will win Patriots vs Chargers
Patriots 10 66.67%
Chargers 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 01-13-2007, 12:11 PM   #1
rustytrombone
Sirius Star
 
rustytrombone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 10, 2006
Posts: 2,880
rustytrombone is on a distinguished road
Default Patriots vs. Chargers

Pats All The Way Baby!!!!!
__________________
Make you humble

bust'n heads with:
(3) S50s
Sportster Replay
Sportster 4
(2)InV
Stratus
rustytrombone is offline  
 
 
Old 01-13-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
7Aaron
Sirius Star
Patriots vs. Chargers
 
7Aaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2005
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 2,650
7Aaron has a spectacular aura about7Aaron has a spectacular aura about7Aaron has a spectacular aura about
Default

I'll predict ...

Chargers 21, Patriots 20
__________________
Patriots vs. Chargers
7Aaron is offline  
 
 
Old 01-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #3
mytesirius
Mixologist
 
Join Date: Jul 11, 2005
Posts: 453
mytesirius is on a distinguished road
Default

Well, I guess it's too late to add my .01 now that the game has started and the Chargers are leading but I believe that the Chargers will prevail.......I predict they'll win by 10 or more....

Chargers "O" started off kind of slow.......questionable decision by Marty not to go for the 3 but the Charger offense is finally getting in gear and the "D" has been keeping the Pats "O" stifled for the most part........

Chargers look awesome when that offense gets going....they are going to annihilate the Colts!!!!

And since I know doodly squat about football, take the opinion for what it's worth.
Back to the game......
mytesirius is offline  
 
 
Old 01-14-2007, 07:20 PM   #4
semipenguin
Sirius Star
Patriots vs. Chargers
 
semipenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 25, 2005
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 5,350
semipenguin has a spectacular aura aboutsemipenguin has a spectacular aura aboutsemipenguin has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to semipenguin
Angry

There's a reason why Bill Belichick has won three Super Bowls and Marty Schottenheimer has never been to the Super Bowl...

Horrible play calling and players playing horribly, all game long...
__________________
duane...
semipenguin is offline  
 
 
Old 01-14-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
RoadRunner
Top Dog Member
Patriots vs. Chargers
 
RoadRunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 21, 2003
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 4,581
RoadRunner is a jewel in the roughRoadRunner is a jewel in the roughRoadRunner is a jewel in the roughRoadRunner is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to RoadRunner Send a message via MSN to RoadRunner
Default

Like I said...Marty has the horses, but he'll find a way to choke!
RoadRunner is offline  
 
 
Old 01-14-2007, 07:31 PM   #6
snakester
Rocket Scientist
 
snakester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 18, 2006
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 772
snakester is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytesirius
Well, I guess it's too late to add my .01 now that the game has started and the Chargers are leading but I believe that the Chargers will prevail.......I predict they'll win by 10 or more....

Chargers "O" started off kind of slow.......questionable decision by Marty not to go for the 3 but the Charger offense is finally getting in gear and the "D" has been keeping the Pats "O" stifled for the most part........

Chargers look awesome when that offense gets going....they are going to annihilate the Colts!!!!

And since I know doodly squat about football, take the opinion for what it's worth.
Back to the game......
What about a 10 point win? seems it didn't happen the way you described it ...

Just gotta love the bullshit call the ref made at the end of the game just for the sake of making it, knowing it wouldn't effect the outcome.
__________________
I'm a dual subscriber; I get the best of both worlds
I'm also rather open minded; I listen to almost any kind of music out there.

Pioneer inno-In house and all around
Pioneer DEH-P6800MP with GEX-P920 XM tuner and Stratus-Car
SIRIUS Stiletto 100-House and on the go
snakester is offline  
 
 
Old 01-14-2007, 08:29 PM   #7
SIRIusStockFan
Rocket Scientist
Patriots vs. Chargers
 
SIRIusStockFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 30, 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 657
SIRIusStockFan will become famous soon enough
Default

And how about what seemed to me as poor sportsmanship by LaDainian Tomlinson after the game ended. He didn't want to be a sport and congratulate any of the Pats, he was just shrugging them off and you could tell they didn't like it. Then he just dissed everyone and walked to the locker room leaving them all looking at him like .

Edit: After reading some on this after the game ended I found this next bit below. Seems like he may have had a reason to be dissing the Pats after all...

Tomlinson said he was upset that some Patriots were dancing on the Chargers logo at midfield after they had silenced the record crowd of 68,810 at Qualcomm Stadium and wrecked the Chargers' season.

"I would never react in that way. I was very upset," Tomlinson said. "When you go to the middle of our field and start doing the dance Shawne Merriman is known for, that is disrespectful. They showed no class and maybe that comes from the head coach."

Merriman did a spasmodic dance to celebrate each of his NFL-high 17 sacks.
__________________

Last edited by SIRIusStockFan; 01-14-2007 at 08:34 PM..
SIRIusStockFan is offline  
 
 
Old 01-14-2007, 10:28 PM   #8
mytesirius
Mixologist
 
Join Date: Jul 11, 2005
Posts: 453
mytesirius is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakester
What about a 10 point win? seems it didn't happen the way you described it ...

Just gotta love the bullshit call the ref made at the end of the game just for the sake of making it, knowing it wouldn't effect the outcome.
Told ya to take my opinion for what it was worth....a big fat zero!!!!.....
Now, I had to go out so I tuned out after the Chargers scored their 3rd TD.....it was 21-13......so how did Bellichick & Brady pull out a victory??? I guess I'll have to tune into ESPN.

All I can say is Congrats to the Pats! Now it's on to the Colts & Vinateri........should be interesting....
mytesirius is offline  
 
 
Old 01-14-2007, 11:04 PM   #9
snakester
Rocket Scientist
 
snakester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 18, 2006
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 772
snakester is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytesirius
Told ya to take my opinion for what it was worth....a big fat zero!!!!.....
Now, I had to go out so I tuned out after the Chargers scored their 3rd TD.....it was 21-13......so how did Bellichick & Brady pull out a victory??? I guess I'll have to tune into ESPN.

All I can say is Congrats to the Pats! Now it's on to the Colts & Vinateri........should be interesting....
They got a TD with a two point conversion to tie it, then made a field goal. The chargers tried a 45+ yard (can't remember exactly how long, anyone know?) field goal at the end of the game to tie and missed it.
__________________
I'm a dual subscriber; I get the best of both worlds
I'm also rather open minded; I listen to almost any kind of music out there.

Pioneer inno-In house and all around
Pioneer DEH-P6800MP with GEX-P920 XM tuner and Stratus-Car
SIRIUS Stiletto 100-House and on the go
snakester is offline  
 
 
Old 01-15-2007, 08:07 AM   #10
WolfViper
Top Dog Member
Patriots vs. Chargers
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Posts: 4,577
WolfViper is a jewel in the roughWolfViper is a jewel in the roughWolfViper is a jewel in the rough
Default

It was a good game yesterday, Patriots made a great come back in the last few minutes of the 4th quarter.
__________________


Last edited by WolfViper; 01-15-2007 at 08:09 AM..
WolfViper is offline  
 
 
Old 01-15-2007, 09:05 AM   #11
Scipione
Sirius Star
 
Scipione's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 03, 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,386
Scipione is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakester
The chargers tried a 45+ yard (can't remember exactly how long, anyone know?)
The ball was spotted at the 40 so it was like a 57 yard FG.

NFL.com recap says... San Diego's Pro Bowl kicker Nate Kaeding was short on a 54-yard field goal try with 3 seconds left.

The play that would have sealed the win for SD was the Mcree interception, and he managed to fumble the ball right back to NE.

That pick came with only 6 minutes remaining and SD holding on to an 8 point lead.

Too many mistakes for the Chargers is the bottom line...
Scipione is offline  
 
 
Old 01-15-2007, 11:03 AM   #12
MachineHead
Rocket Scientist
 
MachineHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 28, 2005
Posts: 762
MachineHead is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipione
The play that would have sealed the win for SD was the Mcree interception, and he managed to fumble the ball right back to NE.

That pick came with only 6 minutes remaining and SD holding on to an 8 point lead.

Too many mistakes for the Chargers is the bottom line...
I saw a lot of mental mistakes down the stretch for the Chargers. Bad penalties allowing drives to continue and some really bad coaching. What if Marty didn't challenge the inception/fumble play, that's one more time out that the Chargers could have used in that final drive to get better field goal position. They'd have at least one more play and they were moving the ball well on that drive. Pick up another 10-15 yards and they'd have been looking at OT.
MachineHead is offline  
 
 
Old 01-15-2007, 11:31 AM   #13
rustytrombone
Sirius Star
 
rustytrombone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 10, 2006
Posts: 2,880
rustytrombone is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Aaron
I'll predict ...

Chargers 21, Patriots 20
At half time I was sure you were going to be correct...and I'm glad you were wrong! Yay!
__________________
Make you humble

bust'n heads with:
(3) S50s
Sportster Replay
Sportster 4
(2)InV
Stratus
rustytrombone is offline  
 
 
Old 01-15-2007, 11:55 AM   #14
snakester
Rocket Scientist
 
snakester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 18, 2006
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 772
snakester is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineHead
I saw a lot of mental mistakes down the stretch for the Chargers. Bad penalties allowing drives to continue and some really bad coaching. What if Marty didn't challenge the inception/fumble play, that's one more time out that the Chargers could have used in that final drive to get better field goal position. They'd have at least one more play and they were moving the ball well on that drive. Pick up another 10-15 yards and they'd have been looking at OT.
I've learned from being a Red Sox fan that it's better to just say "Maybe next year..." then sit around and think about what could have been.

You'll feel a lot better
__________________
I'm a dual subscriber; I get the best of both worlds
I'm also rather open minded; I listen to almost any kind of music out there.

Pioneer inno-In house and all around
Pioneer DEH-P6800MP with GEX-P920 XM tuner and Stratus-Car
SIRIUS Stiletto 100-House and on the go
snakester is offline  
 
 
Old 01-15-2007, 01:07 PM   #15
Scipione
Sirius Star
 
Scipione's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 03, 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,386
Scipione is on a distinguished road
Default

funny article regarding the Chargers collapse...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6370214?FSO1&ATT=HMA
Scipione is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Patriots @ Broncos 1/14 RoadRunner SIRIUS Sports 19 01-16-2006 09:59 PM
Dolphins 23.....Chargers 21 Randall77Lee SIRIUS Sports 2 12-12-2005 06:42 PM
Opening Night NFL Game Colts @ Patriots September 9th Rob27 SIRIUS Sports 2 09-09-2004 03:43 PM
New England Patriots vs Carolina Panthers - Super Bowl XXXVI DAB The Doghouse 15 01-19-2004 05:04 PM
Colt Vs Patriots - Predictions Manco The Doghouse 13 01-18-2004 07:04 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.