Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

Stiletto Stiletto...it's not just for shoes. Come here to talk about the new SL2, the SL100, or the SL10. Share tips, tricks and pointers, all available via WiFi...just like your music!

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 11-23-2006, 11:41 PM   #61
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
Stiletto Update Available via MSS or WIFI, Zap: 1.0.2.18248r
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

If there is an update available via MSS for the S10 it would be to update the wallpaper, channel icons and voice tags. Let us know how it goes!
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 11-24-2006, 10:34 AM   #62
usskywatch
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Nov 10, 2004
Posts: 93
usskywatch is on a distinguished road
Smile

Thanks Everyone! I just got mine a few days ago from shop.sirius.com. I love it!!! I will check out the update and work on a review as well.

Thanks,
Scott
__________________
[t:0acc971552]u=usskywatch&s=14&c=0000FF[/t:0acc971552]
usskywatch is offline  
 
 
Old 11-25-2006, 12:03 AM   #63
davejulien
Sirius Star
Stiletto Update Available via MSS or WIFI, Zap: 1.0.2.18248r
 
Join Date: Oct 10, 2004
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 1,314
davejulien is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB
Yes and considering that this is a portable unit, you hit the nail on the head... this is why it is a big problem and must be addressed.
It should be addressed as an "option" to turn off satellite while listening to recorded content. Some people might not consider this a "big problem" as you say. I think blowing away schedules while trying to do a manual recording is a much bigger problem and should be addressed before this particular issue.

There is always the work around of switching to wifi, cancelling out, and then listening to recorded content. As for blowing away your schedules there is no work around and should be higher priority.
davejulien is offline  
 
 
Old 11-25-2006, 12:16 AM   #64
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
Stiletto Update Available via MSS or WIFI, Zap: 1.0.2.18248r
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

I can't say what they will see as priority, I know I've worked with them for a few weeks on the sat chip staying on and I am pretty sure they have already fixed that bug, but that is a guess on my part. I'll make sure I bring your issue to their attention again, because I've not seen as many having issue with it, so if they are reviewing issues on the forum to set priority with so few experience this issue it doesn't bode for well to be high on the list. I think because the tuner doesn't always light up and give the appearance that it is on, sometimes folk then turn it on to see. If you don't see the little heart, you assume it isn't recording, so then try to manually record during a time that a scheduled recording is already taking place or at least should be. So when you go to manual it just wipes out the scheduled recording and makes it a manual recording. Is that correct? I want to make sure I send in the exact issue.

I honestly don't think they are going to make it an option to turn off the sat chip when listening to recorded content. I think the update will resolve this in such a way that when switching to any mode other than Sat mode, the sat chip will turn off. The only exception to this will more than likely be if you have a scheduled recording. It would then jump to Sat mode and begin recording. But I do not think you'll be able to do both, but I could be wrong about that. We'll have to see how the fix is implimented.
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 11-28-2006, 07:57 PM   #65
lcyrace
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Nov 28, 2006
Posts: 3
lcyrace is on a distinguished road
Default s10 locked during update

Got a new s10 tonite, gave up on the finiky s50. First time I hooked it up the software prompted me to update. So I clicked yes and after 85% it locked. Had to remove the battery to turn it off. Decided to do a full recovery and the update worked. Different ZAP that the s100 but newer than it came from the factory with.

new ZAP: 1.0.1.18261r
old ZAP: 1.0.0.1.....

We'll see if this thing is more stable than the s50. Gotta find a car kit now so I can hear Howard!!!!!!!
lcyrace is offline  
 
 
Old 11-28-2006, 10:11 PM   #66
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
Stiletto Update Available via MSS or WIFI, Zap: 1.0.2.18248r
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcyrace
Different ZAP that the s100 but newer than it came from the factory with.

new ZAP: 1.0.1.18261r
old ZAP: 1.0.0.1.....
Yes the current Stiletto 100 Zap: 1.0.2.18248r

I guess technology wise these really are two separate devices, so it makes sense the ZAP would not be the same on them.
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 11-29-2006, 12:56 PM   #67
007Bugs
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Sep 20, 2006
Posts: 59
007Bugs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB
Yes the current Stiletto 100 Zap: 1.0.2.18248r

I guess technology wise these really are two separate devices, so it makes sense the ZAP would not be the same on them.
I would agree with your answer here - the Stiletto 100 and Stiletto 10 are seperate products hence different version numbers. I don't think those versions should be compared.
007Bugs is offline  
 
 
Old 11-29-2006, 01:01 PM   #68
havrek
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Oct 01, 2006
Posts: 21
havrek is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB
I can't say what they will see as priority, I know I've worked with them for a few weeks on the sat chip staying on and I am pretty sure they have already fixed that bug, but that is a guess on my part. I'll make sure I bring your issue to their attention again, because I've not seen as many having issue with it, so if they are reviewing issues on the forum to set priority with so few experience this issue it doesn't bode for well to be high on the list. I think because the tuner doesn't always light up and give the appearance that it is on, sometimes folk then turn it on to see. If you don't see the little heart, you assume it isn't recording, so then try to manually record during a time that a scheduled recording is already taking place or at least should be. So when you go to manual it just wipes out the scheduled recording and makes it a manual recording. Is that correct? I want to make sure I send in the exact issue.

I honestly don't think they are going to make it an option to turn off the sat chip when listening to recorded content. I think the update will resolve this in such a way that when switching to any mode other than Sat mode, the sat chip will turn off. The only exception to this will more than likely be if you have a scheduled recording. It would then jump to Sat mode and begin recording. But I do not think you'll be able to do both, but I could be wrong about that. We'll have to see how the fix is implimented.
I updated my Stiletto 100 the first day the update came out and I have 4 scheduled recordins and have not had any problem with them dissappearing.

I also have not had any problem with the Sat staying on until today. I'm currently plugged into power and speaker picking up terrestial signal. I checked my antenna aiming and have a good sat terrestial signal. I switch to library and play something and check the antenna aiming again and can confirm it's on. I'm explaining this because it did not work like that last night when I tested. I was in a home dock and listening to live sat radio (sat not terrestrial) and checked my antenna and had 3 bars. I switched to library and listened to recorded media and went to antenna aiming and it said my sat was disabled and to go to Sat radio to enable it. I went back to sat radio and the antenna showed a signal.
I appologize if anyone has noted this but is there something different they way it works when docked versus undocked?
havrek is offline  
 
 
Old 11-30-2006, 01:32 AM   #69
alcohol316
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Oct 21, 2006
Posts: 18
alcohol316 is on a distinguished road
Default

I just updated the firmware and when I connected my Stiletto to my home dock I no reception. It just stays on the Acquiring Signal message. I never had a problem getting signal prior to the firmware update. Any ideas?
alcohol316 is offline  
 
 
Old 11-30-2006, 01:55 AM   #70
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
Stiletto Update Available via MSS or WIFI, Zap: 1.0.2.18248r
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

Alcohol did you try removing the battery and then letting it restart from a total shut down? Try that!!!
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 11-30-2006, 02:17 AM   #71
alcohol316
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Oct 21, 2006
Posts: 18
alcohol316 is on a distinguished road
Angry

I just tried that and I'm still having the same problem. =(
alcohol316 is offline  
 
 
Old 11-30-2006, 06:38 AM   #72
havrek
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Oct 01, 2006
Posts: 21
havrek is on a distinguished road
Smile Bug or Feature - Sat reception while listening to recorded content

I did a lot of research on this and I am loving this feature. Yes I call it a feature and I'll explain why.

After the firmware update it has been discovered that your sat reception will stay on when listening to recorded content. People have said this is a bug because this is a portable unit but I have to disagree after my testing. I have tested every scenario 3 times in two days and I have discovered this.

When the unit is connected to power in a home dock, car dock, or straight into the Stiletto you can switch to recorded content and you sat antenna will stay on. This is great news because I could listen to recorded content while recording from another station. This is a feature that TV DVRs offer and it only makes sense that this would work on the Stiletto. A feature we want and need.

When the Stiletto is being powered by battery (No A/C power) and you try this it will not work. When on battery power and switching to recorded content the sat antenna is turned off.

This is why I call this a feature and not a bug. This works the way it should. When on power who cares if the sat antenna is on or off? When on battery it will not stay on and is automatically powered off when you move from Live Sat radio which is the way it should be to save power.

There has been some talk in this thread that is a bug and concern over battery use but in my tests the battery is not affected because this feature only works when connected to power.

DAB: Since you indicated that you worked with Sirius on this can you please test this yourself and talk to them about not disabling this "feature". It seems like it was designed correctly and works great. Since I discovered this I have been using it routinely and I feel many more will once they discover it. The fact it is not documented does not bode well for it being a feature but it should stay one as this is a common DVR function and one that has been asked for even before the Stiletto came out. If Sirius disables this function I will try my best not to upgrade the firmware unless they finally add song seek or fix the internet channels so we can get them all. I will stop listening via Internet to keep from updating. I feel this function is that important.
Can you please verify my test and relay this info to the people you have talked to at Sirius about this. I'm sure eveyone would like the option to record content from one station while they catch up on their Stern or whatever their favorite show is
havrek is offline  
 
 
Old 11-30-2006, 08:48 AM   #73
hecticart
Mixologist
 
hecticart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 16, 2006
Location: Sunny, Exotic, Toledo, OH
Posts: 429
hecticart is on a distinguished road
Default

That's a good catch. When you look at it like that it certainly IS a feature. Based on your description, what the techs need to fix is the fact that it can drain your battery if you're not scheduled to record.
hecticart is offline  
 
 
Old 11-30-2006, 08:49 AM   #74
alcohol316
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Oct 21, 2006
Posts: 18
alcohol316 is on a distinguished road
Default

Lol nevermind my satellite fell over outside. I still love my Stiletto!
alcohol316 is offline  
 
 
Old 11-30-2006, 09:48 AM   #75
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
Stiletto Update Available via MSS or WIFI, Zap: 1.0.2.18248r
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by havrek
There has been some talk in this thread that is a bug and concern over battery use but in my tests the battery is not affected because this feature only works when connected to power.
I have also tested all these scenarios over and over and over as has many others. My tuner was loaded with diagnostic software and in test after test I was was able to replicate this issue over and over. I am sorry but I have to disagree that it does not impact the battery as that is certainly not what my test have found. The conclusion from what I gather was determined that this was a bug and hopefully it will be addressed in upcoming updates.

You should not have to totally power off your tuner (reset) when removed from a dock to make sure that the sat radio chipset turns off. So, you dock the tuner, listen to live sat. Hit the power button it goes to sleep. Now you have it in your hand using it as a portable. You power the tuner back on, it immediate tries to go to Sat because of course that is the last function you were using. However, you now switch to Internet Radio (Wifi) the tuner does this with no problem, however (HERE IS THE ISSUE) when switching to Internet Radio, the Sat Chipset never turns off. So now you've got the Sat Chipset draining the battery, along with the Wifi. The only thing that it actually does turn off, is the antenna. So, if all you are doing is looking to see if the antenna is turned off, it will be, but the problem isn't the antenna, the problem is the sat chip itself staying on and drawing power. I can replicate this over and over and over as where the folks I worked with on this. So, I hate to burst your bubble but from my perspective and theirs this isn't a feature, but clearly a bug that I have encouraged them to address in a future update.

You can choose to avoid listening to Internet Radio, but that is one of the main reasons I got my Stiletto and I have no intention of avoiding updates. I want this issue fixed, because there has been several times my battery has been drained as if I was listening live, when I was in fact only listen to wifi. By the way in none of my test did I have a scheduled recording, so there would have been NO reason for the Sat Chip to stay on. But you can't just look to see if the antenna is on as a means of determining if the sat chip is staying on, which is apparently what you are doing.

I guess it all depends on how they go about fixing this issue. All I know is that in my mind if I am in any mode other than Sat Mode and I don't have recording scheduled... the Sat chipset should not be on PERIOD!!! Now if they can fix this bug and it still allow the sat chip to come on and record something you have scheduled while we are listening to wifi or radio replays... I'd have no problem with that, but the key is scheduled recording. I am not sure they will be able to pull it off, so we'll have to wait and see. For me, I am not worried about being able to use this device like a DVR. I just want to be able to switch modes and not have my battery drained as if I am listening 'LIVE" when I am not.
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox

Last edited by DAB; 11-30-2006 at 09:56 AM..
DAB is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stiletto WiFi Connection Error i080763 Stiletto 114 01-18-2007 04:31 PM
The Thrasherduck Stiletto 100 Review Thrasherduck Stiletto 75 01-05-2007 02:26 PM
stiletto wifi question ??? sirius_cleveland Stiletto 20 10-30-2006 10:06 AM
Stiletto review from an s50 / Inno owner cyclopsebunny Stiletto 31 10-04-2006 10:19 PM
Stiletto FAQs are up... jmcn72 Stiletto 3 09-26-2006 04:42 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.