Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

Stiletto Stiletto...it's not just for shoes. Come here to talk about the new SL2, the SL100, or the SL10. Share tips, tricks and pointers, all available via WiFi...just like your music!

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 12-04-2006, 06:13 PM   #1
jedix
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Oct 14, 2006
Posts: 12
jedix is on a distinguished road
Default Anbody else have long outstanding Stilletto order?

Hi,
I ordered my Stilletto direct from Sirius on October 8th, and have yet to even get a shipping date. I have even called them 3 times to question this. I have read on this forum about their problems, but I figured I wasn't in a rush at the time. Now 2 months later, I want my Stilletto! Anybody in the same boat as me?
jedix is offline  
 
 
Old 12-04-2006, 07:47 PM   #2
Peacepeddler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Two months later that's just crazy. You must really be a patient person. I bet you won't make that mistake again. Can you cancel your order, and get it from somewhere that has it in stock? I noticed last night on the Sirius.com store that the 100 is no longer showing a pre order status! That was the first time I noticed that. TSS I think was showing it due in stock later this week, but I have not been keeping dibs on this since I own one already. Maybe you should order from somewhere else. Than do a return when the Sirius.com one is delivered.
 
 
 
Old 12-05-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
HoorayForSpike
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Oct 16, 2006
Posts: 222
HoorayForSpike is on a distinguished road
Anbody else have long outstanding Stilletto order?
Default

Two months isn't right.

I ordered mine on November 14th and had it by the end of the month. I called to check on the status of my order and they told me they were getting shipped as quickly as they got them in and they were going from oldest orders first. Sounds like you're the little boy that Sirius Claus forgot. Maybe you should cancel your order and then re-order, or order from elsewhere.
HoorayForSpike is offline  
 
 
Old 12-05-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
jedix
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Oct 14, 2006
Posts: 12
jedix is on a distinguished road
Default

Well, after 1 1/2 hours on the phone with Sirius, I don't care to ever own a Stiletto. It was horrible. You can't even cancel orders, so they say. I tried to get a phone # for a complaint department, but the "manager" that I talked to said that he was the highest ranking person in the company. My response was, oh hi, Mr. Mel Karmazin! He didn't like that. If the radio ever does show up on my doorstep (I don't sign for things from UPS) I might just throw it in the trash and say I never got it. I have called them3 times in the past 2 months, and then 8 times today alone and still can't get an answer.
I think I am going to go sell my Sirius stock now, including the one share I have framed on my wall.(or throw it out)
I went from a huge Sirius fan to hating them.
Thanks for letting me complain!
jedix is offline  
 
 
Old 12-05-2006, 04:50 PM   #5
Peacepeddler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedix
Well, after 1 1/2 hours on the phone with Sirius, I don't care to ever own a Stiletto. It was horrible. You can't even cancel orders, so they say. I tried to get a phone # for a complaint department, but the "manager" that I talked to said that he was the highest ranking person in the company. My response was, oh hi, Mr. Mel Karmazin! He didn't like that. If the radio ever does show up on my doorstep (I don't sign for things from UPS) I might just throw it in the trash and say I never got it. I have called them3 times in the past 2 months, and then 8 times today alone and still can't get an answer.
I think I am going to go sell my Sirius stock now, including the one share I have framed on my wall.(or throw it out)
I went from a huge Sirius fan to hating them.
Thanks for letting me complain!
Well that sucks. Sorry you made the mistake of shopping with Sirius.com store. I could go on, but I'll leave it at that. It is a shame you are going to give up. In my opinion. The 100 is such a awesome unit. Good luck to you over in XM land, or the even more aweful FM airwaves. Not much to choose from once you leave Sirius.
 
 
 
Old 12-05-2006, 05:01 PM   #6
jedix
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Oct 14, 2006
Posts: 12
jedix is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm not leaving Sirius, I'm just not getting a Stiletto. I have two lifetime accounts already.
jedix is offline  
 
 
Old 12-05-2006, 06:29 PM   #7
Peacepeddler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedix
I'm not leaving Sirius, I'm just not getting a Stiletto. I have two lifetime accounts already.
Well that's good that your not leaving. Maybe you can give the Stiletto another chance some other time. I'm sure you learned your lesson on the Sirius.com store. Timing is everything. Everything happens for a reason. This just was not the right time for you. I waited two months for mine to be available in my local store. Then I made the purchase. My patience paid off in this case. Very happy with unit. I'm sure you will come around for the unit eventually.
 
 
 
Old 12-05-2006, 08:07 PM   #8
DAVEGTESTR
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Aug 18, 2004
Location: Bothell, WA
Posts: 6
DAVEGTESTR is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to DAVEGTESTR Send a message via Yahoo to DAVEGTESTR
Post Sirius.com fiasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedix
Hi,
I ordered my Stilletto direct from Sirius on October 8th, and have yet to even get a shipping date. I have even called them 3 times to question this. I have read on this forum about their problems, but I figured I wasn't in a rush at the time. Now 2 months later, I want my Stilletto! Anybody in the same boat as me?
Wow, November 8th order here, Sirius.com changed the ship date 3 times, then I canceled it. Then November 29th they shipped it anyway. They told me to call UPS blah blah. Can't cancel it. So I'm seeing if my company mailroom can send it back as it is there now. Yeah, just get it at BB or CC and get a warranty... Heck BB.com then made a big error in MY favor, yeah...details to follow later. Crazy, just crazy
__________________
--Dave
DAVEGTESTR is offline  
 
 
Old 12-08-2006, 09:41 PM   #9
njchris
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Sep 03, 2003
Posts: 24
njchris is on a distinguished road
Default

Hmm how long does it take to go from "checked out" status to anything else?

I did the AAA ordering (www.aaa.com/sirius)

I saw another thread of someone ordering and got it in a few days.
njchris is offline  
 
 
Old 12-09-2006, 10:58 AM   #10
jedix
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Oct 14, 2006
Posts: 12
jedix is on a distinguished road
Default

In my case...I don't know. Still at "checked out" two months later (Oct. 8th) I order it with a discount, so I didn't want to cancel (not that they will let me. I tried)
But, I got over it. I said I wouldn't get one, but I was just mad at the time.
I went to Best Buy and bought it. (12% off coupon plus bought in Delaware, so no tax.) So I got it cheaper. I wonder if the other one will ever ship.
jedix is offline  
 
 
Old 12-10-2006, 06:27 PM   #11
Peacepeddler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedix
In my case...I don't know. Still at "checked out" two months later (Oct. 8th) I order it with a discount, so I didn't want to cancel (not that they will let me. I tried)
But, I got over it. I said I wouldn't get one, but I was just mad at the time.
I went to Best Buy and bought it. (12% off coupon plus bought in Delaware, so no tax.) So I got it cheaper. I wonder if the other one will ever ship.
It will be intresting to see if the Sirius store ever gets around to sending you one. Maybe you got lost in their system or something. Anyhow...I knew you would come around for the Stiletto once your emotions settled. Very good.
 
 
 
Old 12-11-2006, 09:00 PM   #12
JKoffler44
Rocket Scientist
 
JKoffler44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 15, 2006
Location: Geneva, IL
Posts: 712
JKoffler44 is on a distinguished road
Default

Did you listen to the Stern show today? Howard mentioned he bought 200 Stilettos for Christmas gifts. You think he has a two month wait?
JKoffler44 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-11-2006, 10:05 PM   #13
me_rubin
Top Dog Member
Anbody else have long outstanding Stilletto order?
 
me_rubin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 17, 2006
Location: Herndon VA
Posts: 3,545
me_rubin is a jewel in the roughme_rubin is a jewel in the roughme_rubin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to me_rubin Send a message via Yahoo to me_rubin Anbody else have long outstanding Stilletto order?
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKoffler44
Did you listen to the Stern show today? Howard mentioned he bought 200 Stilettos for Christmas gifts. You think he has a two month wait?
He also sounded pissed that he did not take advantage of the Friends and Family discount they had at sirius.
me_rubin is offline  
 
 
Old 12-12-2006, 07:29 AM   #14
JKoffler44
Rocket Scientist
 
JKoffler44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 15, 2006
Location: Geneva, IL
Posts: 712
JKoffler44 is on a distinguished road
Default

I wonder how much that discount was.
JKoffler44 is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Order of recorded shows? danbo Stiletto 3 11-30-2006 01:02 PM
Need confirmation that Stilletto will record BBC Radio 1 BRH Stiletto 3 10-18-2006 08:40 AM
To place a limit order effronssirius The Street 1 12-21-2004 10:51 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.