Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

Stiletto Stiletto...it's not just for shoes. Come here to talk about the new SL2, the SL100, or the SL10. Share tips, tricks and pointers, all available via WiFi...just like your music!

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 12-31-2006, 07:09 AM   #1
MaineSternFan
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2006
Posts: 2
MaineSternFan is on a distinguished road
Question Trouble Down-loading MP3!!!

I'm another x mass Stiletto recipient. Great machine with a few minor problems well documented on this site. I am have difficulty down loading MP3 from my computer. I've tried MSMP 10 & 11, My Sirius studio, and Yahoo Music Juke box. I've gotten the error message re License and this was not accurate ; my PDA down loaded fine. I tried using a play list and it takes 1-3 hours and fails in the END!
Can Anyone Help!!
MaineSternFan is offline  
 
 
Old 12-31-2006, 01:54 PM   #2
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
Trouble Down-loading MP3!!!
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

Yes, I am not sure what is going on with this. I had a bunch of Christmas Music on my Stiletto. So, I plug in the USB cable.... delete the Christmas Music and try to move other music I wanted to it and I immediately get this error you are talking about. So, I reboot my computer, do a hard shut down on the Stiletto. Now I connect everything back up. Start moving music to the Stiletto. This time it copies with no problem and it continues to work for about 12 or 13 songs when suddenly it just stops... It like the Stiletto and the computer lose sync with each other. Unplugging and plugging the Stiletto doesn't fix it. The only fix is to do a hard shut down of the Stiletto. Then I can copy and few more songs and bam it does it again. I recently upgraded my Microsoft Media Player to version 11 and I am thinking this has something to do with it. I am fixing to do a restore today back prior to WMP11 and see if that makes any difference. Do you by chance have WMP11 installed?
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 12-31-2006, 02:51 PM   #3
MaineSternFan
Just Tuned In
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2006
Posts: 2
MaineSternFan is on a distinguished road
Default Re Mp3

I tried MSMP 11 and rolled back to 10 no improvement and tried Sirius My studio and Yahoo. No Go.
I also found a limited down load after hard restart . The length of the down loads is enormous. Thanks T.
MaineSternFan is offline  
 
 
Old 12-31-2006, 04:44 PM   #4
Peacepeddler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB
Yes, I am not sure what is going on with this. I had a bunch of Christmas Music on my Stiletto. So, I plug in the USB cable.... delete the Christmas Music and try to move other music I wanted to it and I immediately get this error you are talking about. So, I reboot my computer, do a hard shut down on the Stiletto. Now I connect everything back up. Start moving music to the Stiletto. This time it copies with no problem and it continues to work for about 12 or 13 songs when suddenly it just stops... It like the Stiletto and the computer lose sync with each other. Unplugging and plugging the Stiletto doesn't fix it. The only fix is to do a hard shut down of the Stiletto. Then I can copy and few more songs and bam it does it again. I recently upgraded my Microsoft Media Player to version 11 and I am thinking this has something to do with it. I am fixing to do a restore today back prior to WMP11 and see if that makes any difference. Do you by chance have WMP11 installed?
I had similar issues like that in the past. It would transfer songs than after so many songs just freeze, and not transfer anymore. I was using 11 player as well, and single usb cord. One day it was really bad, and I got really frustrated. Left the situation to do something else for a while. I tried starting fresh with a new set up. Instead of having my home dock by my stereo. I connected it to my computer. Which is a set up I like better. Once I did the syncing with home dock to computer. The problem seemed to have gone away. I am still using the 11 player. Are you juys using single usb cord or home dock sync to transfer? Also if you have itunes music rolled over to MSS or Yahoo music, etc. If you put that music on a playlist to transfer to Stiletto. It screws up the transfer. Get rid of any itunes related music files. I had to correct this in the beginning for me. Then things worked better. Aside from that. I mostly use my personal library when I go to the gym to workout. So having all the other features on the 100 is great. Less time spent for me transfering music. Since you have all that live, and recorded content to listen to. Endless music choices. I will be cancelling my itunes account completely in the next few days.
 
 
 
Old 12-31-2006, 05:42 PM   #5
SLROB100
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Dec 19, 2006
Location: Birmingham Al
Posts: 19
SLROB100 is on a distinguished road
Default

Have you tried just dragging and dropping into the media file on the Stiletto in my computer?
SLROB100 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-31-2006, 08:09 PM   #6
teksurv
Channel Surfer
Trouble Down-loading MP3!!!
 
teksurv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 20, 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 43
teksurv will become famous soon enough
Default

I'm not sure if this has any relevance, but here goes. I noticed that In MSS, if I create a new playlist directly on the Stiletto (select stiletto icon), and transfer mp3's that they show up in triplicate under albums on the Stiletto itself. If I first create a playlist under the PC icon, then drop said playlist to the stiletto icon, I'm good. Seems weird, thought I had a defective unit, but who knows. The S50 this replaces...well that's another story.
__________________
Sirius in three cars and the house.
teksurv is offline  
 
 
Old 12-31-2006, 10:21 PM   #7
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
Trouble Down-loading MP3!!!
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

I deleted WMP11 this afternoon and then my Stiletto wouldn't even show up at all in MSS or YME. Nothing I did would make it work. So, I had to just suck it up and do a system recovery. I will NOT install IE 7, WMP11 or any other crappy updated MS product. Once I did the system recovery, installed YME and the MSS software I was now able to sync my Stiletto with ZERO problems. I can use the cable directly plugged into the Stiletto or the home dock. Which is how it should be.

By the way, I do use iTunes, because I have an iPod, which holds tons of older music that I enjoy occasionally. I don't buy any music from iTunes, but I do manange my iPod with it. So there is no way I am getting rid of iTunes or anything else related to my iPod.

The fact is this problem is directly related to Microsoft screwing up WMP when they updated it to version 11. Leave it to MS to screw up your system. I know a week or two ago when WMP10 kept bugging me to update that I shouldn't do it. But I did and I paid for it.

So anyone having problems getting your Stiletto to show up in Windows or having syncing problems if you can get it to connect. If you have WMP11 installed.. look no further.. that is your problem... VERIFIED!!!
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox

Last edited by DAB; 12-31-2006 at 10:23 PM..
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 01-01-2007, 01:23 AM   #8
Peacepeddler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB
I deleted WMP11 this afternoon and then my Stiletto wouldn't even show up at all in MSS or YME. Nothing I did would make it work. So, I had to just suck it up and do a system recovery. I will NOT install IE 7, WMP11 or any other crappy updated MS product. Once I did the system recovery, installed YME and the MSS software I was now able to sync my Stiletto with ZERO problems. I can use the cable directly plugged into the Stiletto or the home dock. Which is how it should be.

By the way, I do use iTunes, because I have an iPod, which holds tons of older music that I enjoy occasionally. I don't buy any music from iTunes, but I do manange my iPod with it. So there is no way I am getting rid of iTunes or anything else related to my iPod.

The fact is this problem is directly related to Microsoft screwing up WMP when they updated it to version 11. Leave it to MS to screw up your system. I know a week or two ago when WMP10 kept bugging me to update that I shouldn't do it. But I did and I paid for it.

So anyone having problems getting your Stiletto to show up in Windows or having syncing problems if you can get it to connect. If you have WMP11 installed.. look no further.. that is your problem... VERIFIED!!!
I tried syncing new music since I have not done it for a while. YME reconizes my stiletto. It just starts freezing up when it starts to transfer. I do have internet explorer. I rolled back to WMP 10. After doing that it still would freeze up during transfer. Any ideas on what to do? What is the system recovery all about?
 
 
 
Old 01-01-2007, 01:36 AM   #9
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
Trouble Down-loading MP3!!!
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacepeddler
I tried syncing new music since I have not done it for a while. YME reconizes my stiletto. It just starts freezing up when it starts to transfer. I do have internet explorer. I rolled back to WMP 10. After doing that it still would freeze up during transfer. Any ideas on what to do? What is the system recovery all about?
Just rolling back will not fix whatever the WMP11 does to your system. It totally screwed mine up. So I did a system recovery. I don't know what kind or brand of computer you have. But I have an HP Dual Core2 Media Center Desktop and I did a system restore where it is just like it would be if you just got it out of the box. Yes it is a pain in the butt, but well worth it and I can't believe how much faster my computer is now. Installing all my software was not something I was looking forward too, but it didn't take but a few hours. I guess I had installed a lot of programs I really didn't need, but that crap is all gone now. So this not only gave me full functionalty back on my Stiletto, but also helped me clean up my system to where it runs like new.
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox

Last edited by DAB; 01-01-2007 at 01:38 AM..
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 01-01-2007, 01:43 AM   #10
Peacepeddler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB
Just rolling back will not fix whatever the WMP11 does to your system. It totally screwed mine up. So I did a system recovery. I don't know what kind or brand of computer you have. But I have an HP Dual Core2 Media Center Desktop and I did a system restore where it is just like it would be if you just got it out of the box. Yes it is a pain in the butt, but well worth it and I can't believe how much faster my computer is now. Installing all my software was not something I was looking forward too, but it didn't take but a few hours. I guess I had installed a lot of programs I really didn't need, but that crap is all gone now. So this not only gave me full functionalty back on my Stiletto, but also helped me clean up my system to where it runs like new.
Thanks I understand. I bought my computer down the street. They can assist me. I maybe willing to do that. After I mess around a little more first. My computer could prob use cleaning as well. Bed time for me now. HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hey Now.
 
 
 
Old 01-06-2007, 04:08 PM   #11
Peacepeddler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB
Just rolling back will not fix whatever the WMP11 does to your system. It totally screwed mine up. So I did a system recovery. I don't know what kind or brand of computer you have. But I have an HP Dual Core2 Media Center Desktop and I did a system restore where it is just like it would be if you just got it out of the box. Yes it is a pain in the butt, but well worth it and I can't believe how much faster my computer is now. Installing all my software was not something I was looking forward too, but it didn't take but a few hours. I guess I had installed a lot of programs I really didn't need, but that crap is all gone now. So this not only gave me full functionalty back on my Stiletto, but also helped me clean up my system to where it runs like new.
I did some work to my computer as well. Basically did a new installation on my operating system. Deleted everything on computer, than reinstall various programs I had. Went with WMP 10 this time. Transferring music from computer to 100 works much better now. I guess I also made the big mistake of installing WMP 11. Turned out to be a pretty big mistake. All is good now, and better computer performance.
 
 
 
Old 01-06-2007, 04:23 PM   #12
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
Trouble Down-loading MP3!!!
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacepeddler
I did some work to my computer as well. Basically did a new installation on my operating system. Deleted everything on computer, than reinstall various programs I had. Went with WMP 10 this time. Transferring music from computer to 100 works much better now. I guess I also made the big mistake of installing WMP 11. Turned out to be a pretty big mistake. All is good now, and better computer performance.
Great I am glad to hear that this suggestion did the trick for you. Mine is still working great with no transfer errors or problems. It is still slow transferring to the Stiletto, but this is a Stiletto issue not a computer related issue.

I think you and I have both confirmed that many of the issues associated with the transferring of files and perhaps even having your device show up as in my case can be caused by WMP11.
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox
DAB is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Username: HowardStern (Trouble Logging In) Howard100 Howard Stern 16 07-28-2006 10:47 PM
Sirius trouble spots in Atlanta and your city (signal loss) stapuff Galaxy Nation 5 05-15-2006 10:42 PM
Having Trouble With Signal snowdog212 Radios & Receivers 2 11-10-2005 09:11 AM
ANYBODY ELSE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE SBS PAGE LOADING? linedrivehit SIRIUS Backstage Feedback 7 07-11-2004 08:21 AM
Loading, please wait . . jinjimbob SIRIUS Backstage Feedback 12 05-14-2003 01:55 AM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.