Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

The Doghouse Here is where people are talking everything not SIRIUS related. So be cool, be smart and have something to say!

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 08-30-2006, 11:06 PM   #601
semipenguin
Sirius Star
does god exist ?
 
semipenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 25, 2005
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 5,350
semipenguin has a spectacular aura aboutsemipenguin has a spectacular aura aboutsemipenguin has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to semipenguin
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd
I said christians, not christ.
dantodd, I was agreeing with your statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd
As for violence, I believe that the christians have plenty of "spread thru violence" in their history.
Christian have done bad things to people in the name off God and Christ. And that was wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by semipenguin
That is just so wrong. Jesus Christ never preached violence or hatred. Just because people did these things in the name of God or Christ doesn't mean it was right or just.
__________________
duane...
semipenguin is offline  
 
 
Old 09-02-2006, 02:40 PM   #602
cooper243
Loyal Listener
 
cooper243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 16, 2005
Posts: 231
cooper243 is on a distinguished road
Default

Today, I went to temple for the first time on eons on a Saturday. I was just thinking that we were praying to a god that might have existed, that might be alive, etc.

If god was still alive, why do good people die, and bad people live?

All these people have faith and where does it get them? They still die, some a horrible, slow death.

Some people will say it's because we celebrate the wrong religion, but to me, that is proof that god no longer exists.
cooper243 is offline  
 
 
Old 09-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #603
7Aaron
Sirius Star
does god exist ?
 
7Aaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2005
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 2,650
7Aaron has a spectacular aura about7Aaron has a spectacular aura about7Aaron has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper243
All these people have faith and where does it get them?
I believe it gets them to Heaven for the rest of eternity. The time we'll spend on Earth is miniscule compared to what follows.

Quote:
If god was still alive, why do good people die, and bad people live?
I don't believe that God promised us a great life here on Earth or that having faith would prevent us from suffering or dying. He provided us with the tools we need to reach paradise, or Heaven, after we die.
__________________
does god exist ?
7Aaron is offline  
 
 
Old 09-05-2006, 11:19 AM   #604
RoadClosed
Sirius Star
 
RoadClosed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow
Posts: 5,758
RoadClosed will become famous soon enoughRoadClosed will become famous soon enough
Default

Getting to heaven....

I saw a bumper sticker on a minivan full of kids yesterday. It said something like "Never go faster than your guardian Angel can fly."

I was thinking that bumper sticker made no sense.

To get to the Kingdom of Heaven, the Angel, would have to fly beyond the capabilities of us immortal humans. That is, in order to get this this hyperdimensional place, she would have to go very fast.

Or be able to drop out of existence and pop back in. So if this angel could find this minivan, say on Tuesday at 6pm and you were to go too fast for this creature to keep up, then the Angel could just pinpoint a moment in time and pop in.

So this minivan could never escape the angel. Regardless how fast it went. Considering however the speed at which this minivan was traveling she should heed her own advice. In the form of a sticker.
__________________
West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.


God does not believe in Athiests. Therefore they do not exist.
RoadClosed is offline  
 
 
Old 09-06-2006, 12:33 AM   #605
gymeejet
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: May 13, 2004
Posts: 5,491
gymeejet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper243
Today, I went to temple for the first time on eons on a Saturday. I was just thinking that we were praying to a god that might have existed, that might be alive, etc.

If god was still alive, why do good people die, and bad people live?

All these people have faith and where does it get them? They still die, some a horrible, slow death.

Some people will say it's because we celebrate the wrong religion, but to me, that is proof that god no longer exists.
if we believe that god gave us free will, then it also follows that god can not be blamed for what occurs.
gymeejet is offline  
 
 
Old 09-06-2006, 02:12 AM   #606
WayneEdwards
Sirius Star
does god exist ?
 
WayneEdwards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 25, 2006
Posts: 1,506
WayneEdwards is on a distinguished road
Default

Getting back to the original topic of this thread, isn't the only truly correct answer: "I don't know"?

Last edited by WayneEdwards; 09-06-2006 at 02:15 AM..
WayneEdwards is offline  
 
 
Old 09-06-2006, 07:27 PM   #607
4BAMA
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 08, 2004
Posts: 514
4BAMA is on a distinguished road
Default

i haven't posted on the subject of god or religion in a long time on here. i have plenty of time on my hands since i'm not working so i'll add my two cents 4 what its worth.

i party..i've smoked some weed in my life. although i'm currently not since i'm looking 4 employment.its never a bad thing to go to the temple. god is alive and is real and alot of times god allows suffering 2 bring a better good. alot of times things and the reasons that they happen are beyond our comprehension. bad things do happen 2 good people and there is alot that i don't understand. just like all of my friends on the miss gulf coast who's lives were turned upside down by hurricane katrina.

everyone should remember this. its never 2 late 2 have a stronger faith or to believe in god but one day we all will go to either heaven or hell period. and if anyone doesn't believe this u r playing with fire and satan has u just where he wants u.
4BAMA is offline  
 
 
Old 09-07-2006, 01:29 PM   #608
Elahrairah
Mixologist
 
Join Date: Dec 14, 2005
Posts: 284
Elahrairah is on a distinguished road
Default

My roomate in college considred it like a credit card. Whenever you did something bad, there was a charge, and you had to do something good to pay it off (with interest)...

There is a limit to your card. Once you are maxed out, you are shut off.

You need your full limit to buy your way into heaven....therefore, you had to die with a 0 balance....since you didn't know when you would die, you had to correct your misdeeds ASAP.

This theroy comes from a guy who would buy me gas using his Texaco card and I would give him cash at a 50% discount....
Elahrairah is offline  
 
 
Old 09-07-2006, 01:32 PM   #609
RoadClosed
Sirius Star
 
RoadClosed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow
Posts: 5,758
RoadClosed will become famous soon enoughRoadClosed will become famous soon enough
Default

Satan is probably wondering when I'll show up.
__________________
West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.


God does not believe in Athiests. Therefore they do not exist.
RoadClosed is offline  
 
 
Old 09-10-2006, 02:43 AM   #610
gymeejet
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: May 13, 2004
Posts: 5,491
gymeejet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneEdwards
Getting back to the original topic of this thread, isn't the only truly correct answer: "I don't know"?
hi wayne,

yes, i dont think any of us can ever have a definitive answer to that question. but we are having some very good conversations about various topics. i know it is helping me sort through various thought patterns that i have had about the issue. hopefully, others that are reading the thread are also being helped.
gymeejet is offline  
 
 
Old 09-10-2006, 06:48 PM   #611
Amnesia
Sirius Star
 
Amnesia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,035
Amnesia is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4BAMA
everyone should remember this. its never 2 late 2 have a stronger faith or to believe in god but one day we all will go to either heaven or hell period.
Just like it's never too late to give up childish magical fantasies and join the 21st Century.

It amazes me that you're simply willing to believe this whole "heaven and hell" story as if it were real. Do you personally know anyone who has died and gone to heaven or hell and returned to tell the tale?

You want proof in other parts of your life right? If someone claims that they can save you money on your car insurance, you want it backed up, right? If someone claims that a new electronic gadget is worth buying, you want to experiment and see for yourself, right?

How come you don't up the same "show-me-evidence" test for matters of mythology?
__________________
Amnesia is offline  
 
 
Old 09-10-2006, 09:08 PM   #612
7Aaron
Sirius Star
does god exist ?
 
7Aaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2005
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 2,650
7Aaron has a spectacular aura about7Aaron has a spectacular aura about7Aaron has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia
It amazes me that you're simply willing to believe this whole "heaven and hell" story as if it were real.
Amnesia,
It amazes me how sure you seem to be that this "heaven and hell" story is not real. What if it is real? I would hate to spend eternity in Hell because I chose not to believe while on Earth. Everything, all the proof I need, is in the New Testament of the Bible. Blessed are those who do not see and yet believe.
__________________
does god exist ?
7Aaron is offline  
 
 
Old 09-10-2006, 09:19 PM   #613
WayneEdwards
Sirius Star
does god exist ?
 
WayneEdwards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 25, 2006
Posts: 1,506
WayneEdwards is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymeejet
hi wayne,

yes, i dont think any of us can ever have a definitive answer to that question. but we are having some very good conversations about various topics. i know it is helping me sort through various thought patterns that i have had about the issue. hopefully, others that are reading the thread are also being helped.
Yes, I agree the thread in an interesting exchange of ideas and opinions.
WayneEdwards is offline  
 
 
Old 09-11-2006, 11:40 AM   #614
RoadClosed
Sirius Star
 
RoadClosed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow
Posts: 5,758
RoadClosed will become famous soon enoughRoadClosed will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Just like it's never too late to give up childish magical fantasies and join the 21st Century.
Christians aren't the only "fantasy' of the modern world.
__________________
West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.


God does not believe in Athiests. Therefore they do not exist.
RoadClosed is offline  
 
 
Old 09-12-2006, 01:07 PM   #615
cooper243
Loyal Listener
 
cooper243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 16, 2005
Posts: 231
cooper243 is on a distinguished road
Default

Someone said something to the effect about what if you are wrong about heaven and hell and that they do exist? Simple, if your religion speaks the truth then this person would be damned to hell.

But, what if you are wrong and there is no heaven and hell?

The New Testiment may have these words printed, but the poster wanted factual proof as in concrete evidence, not hearsay.

Unfortunately, the same thing will happen to the Holocaust as the survivors die out and it will be easy to say that it never happened or was overstated. True, they do have videotapes of these survivors talking about the experiences. Obviously, there are no videotapes from the supposed era of jesus.

Either way, back to the thread, does god exist. This has had some great discussions and is good stuff.

Coop
cooper243 is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.