Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

The Doghouse Here is where people are talking everything not SIRIUS related. So be cool, be smart and have something to say!

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 07-17-2007, 01:48 AM   #976
gymeejet
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: May 13, 2004
Posts: 5,491
gymeejet will become famous soon enough
Default

you have a desire to show that god does not exist. you do not attempt to look at both sides of any evidence. just that evidence that supports what you currently want to believe.

you might ask yourself why you do this - it might shed some light for you.

for example, i do not do this. i openly admit that i see no evidence one way or the other. i look at the evidence truthfully and unbiased - then try to make conclusions on just the evidence. which i have already shared with you those unbiased conclusions.

and i am simply telling you that you have an axe to grind. it is evident in all of your posts. you have told me that your christian experience was a good one. i simply dont believe that. if it was really that good, you would still be a christian.

what is much more likely is that you have had some bad experiences with christianity. this would explain the nature of your posts. as i have said before - you are quacking and at the same time trying to convince me that you are not a duck. you have no chance of selling me on that one.

i want to see if you will ever admit to me that you have some negative feelings about god/christianity. i have already shared with you my negative feelings about the catholic church. but those feelings are specifically aimed at the church, and not at the issue of god. your negative feelings that you say dont exist, have come to be aimed at the more general concept of god.

i am not making light of your feelings or saying there is anything wrong with it - i just want you to be honest with yourself, and admit to me what is already obvious.
gymeejet is offline  
 
 
Old 07-17-2007, 09:09 AM   #977
memebag
Sirius Star
does god exist ?
 
memebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 30, 2006
Location: Raxacoricofallapatorius
Posts: 2,320
memebag will become famous soon enoughmemebag will become famous soon enough
Default

I've already told you my opinion of faith. It's harmful and should be avoided.

I've never seen you argue that God doesn't exist. Have I missed something?

Quote:
you have told me that your christian experience was a good one. i simply dont believe that. if it was really that good, you would still be a christian.
That doesn't make any sense. All of my experiences with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny were good ones, but I stopped believing in them.

Did you had a bad experience with atheism that caused you to become a theist?
__________________
"Drink deep or taste not the plasma spring!" - Seth Brundle
memebag is offline  
 
 
Old 07-18-2007, 12:16 AM   #978
gymeejet
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: May 13, 2004
Posts: 5,491
gymeejet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by memebag View Post
I've never seen you argue that God doesn't exist. Have I missed something?
are you finding it harder and harder to defend your stance by posting non-relevant statements ? have i missed something ?
gymeejet is offline  
 
 
Old 07-18-2007, 02:05 AM   #979
memebag
Sirius Star
does god exist ?
 
memebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 30, 2006
Location: Raxacoricofallapatorius
Posts: 2,320
memebag will become famous soon enoughmemebag will become famous soon enough
Default

You claimed you differ from me because you look at both sides of the evidence, and that your conclusions are "unbiased". Yet I've never seen you argue that God doesn't exist, only that he does. I deduce that your unbiased conclusion is that God exists. Are you saying that you are unbiased because your conclusion (that God exists) is correct? Are you saying that I am biased because my conclusion is incorrect?

Really, did you had a bad experience with atheism that caused you to become a theist?
__________________
"Drink deep or taste not the plasma spring!" - Seth Brundle
memebag is offline  
 
 
Old 07-20-2007, 12:29 AM   #980
gymeejet
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: May 13, 2004
Posts: 5,491
gymeejet will become famous soon enough
Default

i cant argue that god doesnt exist, since there is no evidence of that.

but i am also not arguing that god does exist, since there is no evidence of that.

about 3 posts before, if you can read that far, i posted the following :

for example, i do not do this. i openly admit that i see no evidence one way or the other. i look at the evidence truthfully and unbiased - then try to make conclusions on just the evidence. which i have already shared with you those unbiased conclusions.

you are not doing this. you try and twist every shred of evidence that you can to re-confirm your own beliefs. this is what most people do, in regards to this question. i am just evolved past that point, in my spiritual quest. if you evolve past that point, you will then understand why i say the things i say about you today. perhaps you are too immersed in the forest, to see the trees ?
gymeejet is offline  
 
 
Old 07-20-2007, 12:36 AM   #981
memebag
Sirius Star
does god exist ?
 
memebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 30, 2006
Location: Raxacoricofallapatorius
Posts: 2,320
memebag will become famous soon enoughmemebag will become famous soon enough
Default

Condescend much?

So you're not a theist? Were you a theist back when you were arguing with me about Jesus?
__________________
"Drink deep or taste not the plasma spring!" - Seth Brundle
memebag is offline  
 
 
Old 07-21-2007, 03:11 AM   #982
gymeejet
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: May 13, 2004
Posts: 5,491
gymeejet will become famous soon enough
Default

i condescend with you all the time - because you deserve it. you give some ridiculous statements and continue to argue them until you look as ridiculous as your statements.

you had ridiculous arguments regarding the sermon on the mount, and unable to see the extremely obvious. this is what i was arguing about.

we were discussing the teachings of jesus, and what they meant. i dont recall us discussing whether jesus was god or not. if we had, i am pretty sure i would have told you that i did not know, since i do not know. i have only come to be able to say that within the past 10 years or less. but i have always said that, within the time frame that we have been discussing.

so since you always seem to take a LONG TIME to comprehend - let me restate for you again. i dont know if god exists or not. there is no proof one way or the other. in fact, by our very definition of god being not of this universe - we will not be able to prove it while we are in this universe.

and i certainly cant prove that jesus is god, if i cant prove that there is a god.

what you may be confused about is equating the word theist with the behavior of following the teachings of jesus.

i try to adhere strictly to the teachings of jesus, since i fail to find anything wrong with them, and find a helluva lot right with them. whether jesus has any connections with god, if there even is a god - i guess i will only find out if god indeed exists, and i make it to heaven.
gymeejet is offline  
 
 
Old 07-21-2007, 08:19 PM   #983
memebag
Sirius Star
does god exist ?
 
memebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 30, 2006
Location: Raxacoricofallapatorius
Posts: 2,320
memebag will become famous soon enoughmemebag will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymeejet View Post
i condescend with you all the time - because you deserve it.
Then I'll stop wasting your time.
__________________
"Drink deep or taste not the plasma spring!" - Seth Brundle
memebag is offline  
 
 
Old 07-22-2007, 01:56 AM   #984
gymeejet
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: May 13, 2004
Posts: 5,491
gymeejet will become famous soon enough
Default

LOL - that's one way to get out of an argument that you are obviously losing. the other way is to make unbiased statements that do not tempt me to be condescending.

i was never that way with amnesia, who is much more of a dedicated non-believer than you are. but then he never made the types of statements that you did, or used faulty logic like you did.

but if you cant take the heat, i agree with you - it is best to get out of the kitchen.
gymeejet is offline  
 
 
Old 07-22-2007, 05:45 PM   #985
packie juppet
Sirius Star
 
packie juppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2006
Posts: 3,919
packie juppet will become famous soon enoughpackie juppet will become famous soon enough
Default

You see(condescending tone), this is why people should never engage in conversations about religion. This is what it comes to...every time. Just be thankful that you both don't live in the Middle East, there'd be rocks going through windshields and rags burning in gasoline by now.
packie juppet is offline  
 
 
Old 07-22-2007, 06:03 PM   #986
semipenguin
Sirius Star
does god exist ?
 
semipenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 25, 2005
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 5,350
semipenguin has a spectacular aura aboutsemipenguin has a spectacular aura aboutsemipenguin has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to semipenguin
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by packie juppet View Post
You see(condescending tone), this is why people should never engage in conversations about religion. This is what it comes to...every time. Just be thankful that you both don't live in the Middle East, there'd be rocks going through windshields and rags burning in gasoline by now.
The same thing goes for...

Politics
Sports
Satellite Radio...
__________________
duane...
semipenguin is offline  
 
 
Old 07-23-2007, 10:23 AM   #987
gymeejet
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: May 13, 2004
Posts: 5,491
gymeejet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packie juppet View Post
You see(condescending tone), this is why people should never engage in conversations about religion. This is what it comes to...every time. Just be thankful that you both don't live in the Middle East, there'd be rocks going through windshields and rags burning in gasoline by now.
you got to be kidding !!! on a scale from 1 to 10, this tiff didnt even register.

you see (condescending tone), people should engage in conversations where disagreements are common. and you can also see (condescending tone), mem and i threw no sticks or stones at one another.
gymeejet is offline  
 
 
Old 07-24-2007, 11:55 PM   #988
gymeejet
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: May 13, 2004
Posts: 5,491
gymeejet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by memebag View Post
I've already told you my opinion of faith. It's harmful and should be avoided.
now here is an honest statement, so there will be no condescending.

it is also a statement in which i am in agreement. belief/faith (an acceptance of truth without proof) is harmful mainly because it stops our search for what is actually true.

this is why i no longer claim to "believe" in god, because that would mean that i have accepted the existence of god simply because i was told to accept it by someone else, and for no other reason. instead, i have examined things as well as i know how, and have come up with conclusions that are consistent with my examinations.

this gives me the ability to alter my conclusions should i at some point become aware of things that i had not examined before. this is basically the scientific method, of which i know that you already are aware.
gymeejet is offline  
 
 
Old 07-28-2007, 08:00 PM   #989
gymeejet
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: May 13, 2004
Posts: 5,491
gymeejet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by memebag View Post
That doesn't make any sense. All of my experiences with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny were good ones, but I stopped believing in them.
it makes perfect sense to anyone who is not rationalizing with himself.

sc and eb are specifically designed to give us some happy moments during a brief part of our life, which we refer to early childhood. and then it disappears.

now if you were still believing in them, then that would be something to talk about !!!!!
gymeejet is offline  
 
 
Old 08-01-2007, 11:41 PM   #990
gymeejet
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: May 13, 2004
Posts: 5,491
gymeejet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by memebag View Post

Did you had a bad experience with atheism that caused you to become a theist?
no bad experience with atheism.
gymeejet is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.