Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

The Doghouse Here is where people are talking everything not SIRIUS related. So be cool, be smart and have something to say!

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 01:06 PM   #1
vincemcmahon
Banned
 
vincemcmahon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 31, 2006
Location: Greenwich, CT
Posts: 78
vincemcmahon has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default Merry CHRISTmas

A very Merry CHRISTmas to you all! I am so tired of "Happy Holidays" or all that other crap. It is CHRISTmas plain and simple, and if you cannot handle that then don't celebrate the birth of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Anyone who does not agree is just plain ignorant we don't need you to bother us. I don't try to call that evil pagan Halloween "Holiday", so don't mess with my CHRISTmas. And one side note... Sirius' CHRISTmas music selection sucks. So again, Merry CHRISTmas and remember to watch ECW "December To Dismember" only on PPV tonight!!! Merry CHRISTmas!!

vincemcmahon is offline  
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 01:08 PM   #2
badmotherfarker
Top Dog Member
Merry CHRISTmas
 
Join Date: Dec 03, 2005
Posts: 7,335
badmotherfarker has a spectacular aura aboutbadmotherfarker has a spectacular aura aboutbadmotherfarker has a spectacular aura about
Default

You know that Christmas was originally banned by the puritans in this country, right? It's far from a religious holiday in its American origins.

Last edited by badmotherfarker; 12-03-2006 at 01:12 PM..
badmotherfarker is offline  
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 01:11 PM   #3
soxnationonline
Top Dog Member
 
soxnationonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 25, 2005
Location: Chi town
Posts: 3,992
soxnationonline will become famous soon enoughsoxnationonline will become famous soon enough
Default

merry Xmas vince.
__________________
soxnationonline is offline  
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 01:15 PM   #4
badmotherfarker
Top Dog Member
Merry CHRISTmas
 
Join Date: Dec 03, 2005
Posts: 7,335
badmotherfarker has a spectacular aura aboutbadmotherfarker has a spectacular aura aboutbadmotherfarker has a spectacular aura about
Default

"I don't try to call that evil pagan Halloween "Holiday""


Oh, and Christmas was originally banned in America because it was considered an "evil, pagan holiday".
badmotherfarker is offline  
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 01:27 PM   #5
soxnationonline
Top Dog Member
 
soxnationonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 25, 2005
Location: Chi town
Posts: 3,992
soxnationonline will become famous soon enoughsoxnationonline will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmotherfarker
"I don't try to call that evil pagan Halloween "Holiday""

how can vince even say halloween is an evil holiday. All those kids dressed up as
lil' bumble bees and dora the explorer. That's not evil, thats adorable.


Quote:
Originally Posted by badmotherfarker
Oh, and Christmas was originally banned in America because it was considered an "evil, pagan holiday".
correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the christmas tree as we know it today a pagan symbol?
__________________
soxnationonline is offline  
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 01:44 PM   #6
badmotherfarker
Top Dog Member
Merry CHRISTmas
 
Join Date: Dec 03, 2005
Posts: 7,335
badmotherfarker has a spectacular aura aboutbadmotherfarker has a spectacular aura aboutbadmotherfarker has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnationonline

correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the christmas tree as we know it today a pagan symbol?
There's a lot of origins of the Christmas tree and they're pretty much secular.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_tree

In fact, our modern Christmas is really an amalgam of a bunch of different winter festivals from around the world and from different regions within the US. This whole "Christmas is about Christ's birthday" argument is bullshit.
badmotherfarker is offline  
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #7
yg17
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Nov 20, 2004
Location: St. Louis, MO (Rolla, MO for college)
Posts: 684
yg17 is on a distinguished road
Default

Because all of the Christains, lining up outside shopping malls and Wal-Marts at 4 in the morning and getting into fistfights with others to be the first to get an item before it sells out sure is the true spirit of christmas. Yes, let's celebrate the birthday of jesus by maxing out all of our credit cards. Christmas is not a celebration of anyone's birth. It's a celebration of how dumb us Americans are because we actually fall for this crap. It's a celebration of CEOs of toy companies and retail stores laughing all the way to the bank because we're just a bunch of lemmings who do what they say. I don't think this is how anyone would want their birthday celebrated. Jesus is probably rolling around in his grave. Religious spirit my ass. Religious spirit would be going to church to celebrate the birth of your lord, not beating up some soccer mom at Target to get the last Tickle Me Elmo.



Oh, and as for the "Happy Holidays" vs. "Merry Christmas" debate? I'm an Atheist who grew up with Jewish heritage. I despise organized religion. I'll be damned if I'm going to not be pissed off when some jerkoff just assumes that I believe the same thing he does. It's a double standard for all of you. You don't mind shitting on others beliefs (or lack thereof) but the second your beliefs get shat on, all of the sudden, it's an outrage. It's a war on Christianity. It's immoral. It's the evil secularists taking over the world. It's Satan's work. It's whatever other crap you call it. I'm damn sick of it. If you're going to shit on my beliefs and the holidays I do or do not celebrate, then I'm going to shit on yours.
__________________
2008 VW GTI
OEM Headunit and Sirius tuner
yg17 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 02:41 PM   #8
vincemcmahon
Banned
 
vincemcmahon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 31, 2006
Location: Greenwich, CT
Posts: 78
vincemcmahon has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default

my theory is this... anyone who does not say "Merry CHRISTmas" or believe in it should be exiled to an island or better yet prison. CHRISTIANITY is the ONLY true religion. all others are based on idols and voodoo.

vincemcmahon is offline  
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 02:44 PM   #9
soxnationonline
Top Dog Member
 
soxnationonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 25, 2005
Location: Chi town
Posts: 3,992
soxnationonline will become famous soon enoughsoxnationonline will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincemcmahon
my theory is this... anyone who does not say "Merry CHRISTmas" or believe in it should be exiled to an island or better yet prison. CHRISTIANITY is the ONLY true religion. all others are based on idols and voodoo.

christianity is based on a ghost.
__________________
soxnationonline is offline  
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 02:52 PM   #10
badmotherfarker
Top Dog Member
Merry CHRISTmas
 
Join Date: Dec 03, 2005
Posts: 7,335
badmotherfarker has a spectacular aura aboutbadmotherfarker has a spectacular aura aboutbadmotherfarker has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yg17
Because all of the Christains, lining up outside shopping malls and Wal-Marts at 4 in the morning and getting into fistfights with others to be the first to get an item before it sells out sure is the true spirit of christmas. Yes, let's celebrate the birthday of jesus by maxing out all of our credit cards. Christmas is not a celebration of anyone's birth. It's a celebration of how dumb us Americans are because we actually fall for this crap. It's a celebration of CEOs of toy companies and retail stores laughing all the way to the bank because we're just a bunch of lemmings who do what they say. I don't think this is how anyone would want their birthday celebrated. Jesus is probably rolling around in his grave. Religious spirit my ass. Religious spirit would be going to church to celebrate the birth of your lord, not beating up some soccer mom at Target to get the last Tickle Me Elmo.



Oh, and as for the "Happy Holidays" vs. "Merry Christmas" debate? I'm an Atheist who grew up with Jewish heritage. I despise organized religion. I'll be damned if I'm going to not be pissed off when some jerkoff just assumes that I believe the same thing he does. It's a double standard for all of you. You don't mind shitting on others beliefs (or lack thereof) but the second your beliefs get shat on, all of the sudden, it's an outrage. It's a war on Christianity. It's immoral. It's the evil secularists taking over the world. It's Satan's work. It's whatever other crap you call it. I'm damn sick of it. If you're going to shit on my beliefs and the holidays I do or do not celebrate, then I'm going to shit on yours.
I'm an athiest (well, agnostic) yet I say "merry christmas" and have a manger scene in my living room. We also have an angel on top of our "christmas" tree. This whole "war on christmas" is something that Fox "News" invented. I could care less if somebody says "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays" or "Happy Kwanzaa" or "Happy Hanukkah". It's all the same to me. Christmas is a secular holiday unless you choose to make it a religious holiday in which case, knock yourself out. Christmas to me = Santa/Frosty/Rudolph,etc. and I don't remember them in the Bible. To others, it's about the birth of Christ. At bottom though it's really all about friends/family, this religious vs. secular argument is totally pointless.
badmotherfarker is offline  
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 02:53 PM   #11
badmotherfarker
Top Dog Member
Merry CHRISTmas
 
Join Date: Dec 03, 2005
Posts: 7,335
badmotherfarker has a spectacular aura aboutbadmotherfarker has a spectacular aura aboutbadmotherfarker has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnationonline
christianity is based on a ghost.
Speaking of Christianity, here's an interesting video. Richard Dawkins gave a talk at a religious university a few weeks ago, this is the Q&A session after the talk. It's long, but worth hearing:

http://chronicle.com/news/article/13...ck-on-religion
badmotherfarker is offline  
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 03:34 PM   #12
yg17
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Nov 20, 2004
Location: St. Louis, MO (Rolla, MO for college)
Posts: 684
yg17 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincemcmahon
my theory is this... anyone who does not say "Merry CHRISTmas" or believe in it should be exiled to an island or better yet prison. CHRISTIANITY is the ONLY true religion. all others are based on idols and voodoo.

I can't be the only one who sees the irony here. The 10 commandments, which I'm sure you love so much, are basically all about peace and happiness, and you're promoting this retarded wrestling here that only teaches violence and hate? Oh wait, my bad. Christianity does teach violence and hate. Forgot about that. Oh well, no irony suppose, it fits quite well actually.
__________________
2008 VW GTI
OEM Headunit and Sirius tuner
yg17 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 03:35 PM   #13
badmotherfarker
Top Dog Member
Merry CHRISTmas
 
Join Date: Dec 03, 2005
Posts: 7,335
badmotherfarker has a spectacular aura aboutbadmotherfarker has a spectacular aura aboutbadmotherfarker has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yg17
I can't be the only one who sees the irony here. The 10 commandments, which I'm sure you love so much, are basically all about peace and happiness, and you're promoting this retarded wrestling here that only teaches violence and hate? Oh wait, my bad. Christianity does teach violence and hate. Forgot about that. Oh well, no irony suppose, it fits quite well actually.
You'll learn that Vince means very little of what he says- he's what we call a "super troll".
badmotherfarker is offline  
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 04:20 PM   #14
vincemcmahon
Banned
 
vincemcmahon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 31, 2006
Location: Greenwich, CT
Posts: 78
vincemcmahon has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yg17
I can't be the only one who sees the irony here. The 10 commandments, which I'm sure you love so much, are basically all about peace and happiness, and you're promoting this retarded wrestling here that only teaches violence and hate? Oh wait, my bad. Christianity does teach violence and hate. Forgot about that. Oh well, no irony suppose, it fits quite well actually.

the only irony here is that you will be spending eternity in HELL unless you give your heart to Christ. suit yourself. CHRISTmas is all about giving and i am giving you 3 fantastic hours of ECW action tonight. God Bless, and Merry CHRISTmas! On a side note, why are there no kwanzaa songs? Oh yeah, beacuse it's a b.s. "holiday".
vincemcmahon is offline  
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 04:29 PM   #15
Chad
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 06, 2004
Posts: 2,724
Chad will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Chad Send a message via MSN to Chad Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincemcmahon
the only irony here is that you will be spending eternity in HELL unless you give your heart to Christ.
Hell.
Chad is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Merry Christmas! SISO Insiders Blog 14 12-25-2005 02:52 PM
Holiday, New Year, and End of Year Programming RyanM SIRIUS Music 9 12-26-2004 07:29 PM
Merry Christmas Music solution... Santinelli Galaxy Nation 3 12-22-2004 09:07 AM
Merry Christmas and thanks Siri for jumping to 2.40 Trap The Street 6 12-26-2003 11:44 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.