Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

The Street Converse with other investors about finance, economic and investment strategies. This is also the place to discuss SIRIUS XM company news and your favorite stocks.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 11-20-2006, 04:31 PM   #1
geosync
Rocket Scientist
 
geosync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 01, 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 863
geosync is on a distinguished road
Default Malcom Berko's take on Sirius as a stock

Was reading stock analyst Malcolm Berko's article in a local trade paper. The question came from a person in their sixties attempting to plan for their twin 4year old boys' college education funds. Berko gave the reader 3 cheap stocks that could be worth something in the coming years. Sirius was the first one mentioned, here is the blurb,

"Sirius Satellite Radio may be a grand long-term (must be held at least seven years) investment. And I guesstimate that by 2013, 75 percent of the 225 million vehicles on the road will have satellite radio. SIRI's two most significant problems are (a) that its chief executive officer is one of the dimmest bulbs in the hallway and (b) that SIRI's billing department still can't figure out how to make change for a nickel. These problems aside, SIRI could be a $30 number in the next seven years."

This cat Berko seems to have an "educated" opinion on any stock brought before him. And always has a few disconcerting words for just about everyone under the sun. Don't typically post here, but thought the comments were interesting.

Thoughts?
__________________
Sirius-2 Starmate Replay's-Home, Car, Boombox, Office, Shower
XM-Pioneer Inno
geosync is offline  
 
 
Old 11-20-2006, 04:39 PM   #2
FlagRiot
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 01, 2006
Posts: 226
FlagRiot has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default

Quote:
SIRI could be a $30 number in the next seven years."
i wonder if this guy looked at the outstd shr count? ... that would make the company worth $50B and that is not going to happen in 7 yrs or 15 yrs the next 7 yrs are going to be spent trying get out of the expense nightmare the co is in.
FlagRiot is offline  
 
 
Old 11-20-2006, 04:44 PM   #3
jbjints
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Sep 15, 2005
Location: New Hyde Park, NY
Posts: 94
jbjints is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jbjints
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geosync
Was reading stock analyst Malcolm Berko's article in a local trade paper. The question came from a person in their sixties attempting to plan for their twin 4year old boys' college education funds. Berko gave the reader 3 cheap stocks that could be worth something in the coming years. Sirius was the first one mentioned, here is the blurb,

"Sirius Satellite Radio may be a grand long-term (must be held at least seven years) investment. And I guesstimate that by 2013, 75 percent of the 225 million vehicles on the road will have satellite radio. SIRI's two most significant problems are (a) that its chief executive officer is one of the dimmest bulbs in the hallway and (b) that SIRI's billing department still can't figure out how to make change for a nickel. These problems aside, SIRI could be a $30 number in the next seven years."

This cat Berko seems to have an "educated" opinion on any stock brought before him. And always has a few disconcerting words for just about everyone under the sun. Don't typically post here, but thought the comments were interesting.

Thoughts?
I would agree that Sirius is a long term investment but how can he make such a claim while calling the CEO "one of the dimmest bulbs in the hallway"? Isn't the CEO one of the most important personnel in a company? If you don't stand behind the CEO how can you like the company? Of course it is possible for the product to sell itself even if the CEO is a knucklehead but I don't think Mel is as stupid as this guy thinks.
jbjints is offline  
 
 
Old 11-21-2006, 03:02 AM   #4
surftone
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Apr 08, 2006
Posts: 21
surftone is on a distinguished road
Post $50b

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlagRiot
i wonder if this guy looked at the outstd shr count? ... that would make the company worth $50B and that is not going to happen in 7 yrs or 15 yrs the next 7 yrs are going to be spent trying get out of the expense nightmare the co is in.
I would think that he is assuming there must be some plan to buy back outstanding shares. I know Mel has said as much. In 7 years there could be a huge buy back program which could bring the shares to $30. If I knew for sure though I'd be buying a lot more. At this point I'd be happy with $7.http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum...ns/doganim.gif
surftone is offline  
 
 
Old 11-21-2006, 07:30 AM   #5
jamesp717
Sirius Star
Malcom Berko's take on Sirius as a stock
 
jamesp717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 13, 2005
Posts: 1,024
jamesp717 will become famous soon enough
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by geosync
Was reading stock analyst Malcolm Berko's article in a local trade paper. The question came from a person in their sixties attempting to plan for their twin 4year old boys' college education funds. Berko gave the reader 3 cheap stocks that could be worth something in the coming years. Sirius was the first one mentioned, here is the blurb,

"Sirius Satellite Radio may be a grand long-term (must be held at least seven years) investment. And I guesstimate that by 2013, 75 percent of the 225 million vehicles on the road will have satellite radio. SIRI's two most significant problems are (a) that its chief executive officer is one of the dimmest bulbs in the hallway and (b) that SIRI's billing department still can't figure out how to make change for a nickel. These problems aside, SIRI could be a $30 number in the next seven years."

This cat Berko seems to have an "educated" opinion on any stock brought before him. And always has a few disconcerting words for just about everyone under the sun. Don't typically post here, but thought the comments were interesting.

Thoughts?
I am not sure I can put much faith in this guy. Mel is one of the few guys who makes money for whatever company he works for, if thats a dim bulb so be it.
__________________
Free Speech. Isn't that what the whole Stern revolution is about ?
jamesp717 is offline  
 
 
Old 11-21-2006, 07:35 AM   #6
Whiskerbiscuit
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 08, 2006
Posts: 234
Whiskerbiscuit is on a distinguished road
Default

This Gentlemen suggesting Mel is not capable is tantamount to George Bush suggesting that Iraq can be won. A lie or simply out of touch with his mind and reality.

I would share that 75% of the cars on the road don't have working brake lights. If his contention that 75% will be "loaded" with satrad, I'd agree. If he thinks 75% will subscribe, I think the number is more like 20-25%.
Whiskerbiscuit is offline  
 
 
Old 11-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #7
geosync
Rocket Scientist
 
geosync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 01, 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 863
geosync is on a distinguished road
Default

Take it with a grain of salt. He likes to put down a lot of companies and their business practices. He seems to have well reasoned opinions on a variety of stocks though. Maybe he knows something about Mel that none of us do.

I hope not.
__________________
Sirius-2 Starmate Replay's-Home, Car, Boombox, Office, Shower
XM-Pioneer Inno
geosync is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SIRIUS UNVEILS WEARABLE SATELLITE RADIO aikoaiko3 Radios & Receivers 3 08-25-2005 09:33 AM
Written in the Stars (Sat. Radio) SiriusChic SIRIUS Dogstar Cafe 2 01-14-2005 03:37 PM
Barron's Article: Shock Stock testforecho The Street 0 10-12-2004 05:32 AM
Sirius enters a new distribution deal with Directed Oberlyn The Street 0 08-16-2004 02:29 PM
Sirius "School Report" PMuller SIRIUS Dogstar Cafe 2 11-24-2003 06:50 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.