Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

The Street Converse with other investors about finance, economic and investment strategies. This is also the place to discuss SIRIUS XM company news and your favorite stocks.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 12-17-2006, 01:30 PM   #61
FlagRiot
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 01, 2006
Posts: 226
FlagRiot has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default

Quote:
Care to provide us real documentation and evidence to support your so called facts? The way I see it, right now you are doing what you always have done, speculate with no solid evidence. Time to put up or shut up!
what ive always done?

i am always more than happy to support any position i take - not with siri fanboy sites like ssg but with authoritative documentation. in each case that my facts have been challenged here i have done precisely this and i dont mind spending the time..

however i do expect that after having done so those who challenged me to do so will show a little appreciation for having received corrected information. for example, if i am going to dig out the numbers to show that siri has not expensed anything pertaining to a 'new satellite' in 06 it it is fair for you to say, 'i was wrong, flagriot was right, and he proved it' if i do it. same with sterns contract.

now, if you would like to tell me precisely what i have said that you take issue with and on what basis you take issue with it, i will be more than happy to support my remarks or if i cannot i will simply say i was wrong.
FlagRiot is offline  
 
 
Old 12-17-2006, 02:08 PM   #62
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
Siruis’ Karmazin Hints At Possible Merger With XM
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

I want you to support everything you've said. Instead of just doing what you've been doing. You keep saying everyone else is wrong and here is why. Okay, prove to us why you are right and provide us some documentation and evidence.

Everyone on this forum is wrong but you apparently, you seem to know more and have more information than everyone else. So, like I said put up or or shut up.

Look through this thread and support your positions with documentation. I don't think you can, I think much of what you do is speculate and just play devils advocate just for the sake of doing so.

I personally have nothing to prove. But then I am not the one on a SIRIUS Fan site that challenges every statement everyone makes. That appears to be your game. So, if you are such an expert, then provide the information to support your position. The rest of us are just having a conversation and chewing the fat a bit. But you, you like to take it and interject all these so called FACTS.. So come on with it now. I've yet to see a single thread in which folks could have a good conversation without you doing this. If you know all then by GOD provide us the source and provide us the documentation. Now you may say OH you are holding me to a higher standard than everyone else. No, you are holding yourself to a higher standard. The rest of us are just having a conversation, but you keep telling us how wrong we are, how we are just fan boys. So if you are going to keep doing this, then provide the documentation. Like I said.. put up or shut up!
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox

Last edited by DAB; 12-17-2006 at 02:15 PM..
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 12-17-2006, 02:55 PM   #63
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
Siruis’ Karmazin Hints At Possible Merger With XM
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmotherfarker
I've posted that same article stating that the stock "bonus" he keeps talking about wasn't a bonus at all 3 times now and he's yet to read it. I don't think it's "facts" that he's interested in.
You maybe right! What I read is a lot of speculation with a few numbers thrown in here and there for good measure.

I think we all know his position by now, why he thinks it is necessary to jump into every thread with this is beyond me. It just shows me he has a agenda, why else would you keep doing this over and over in every thread? It isn't like we don't know what he thinks by now!
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 12-17-2006, 03:37 PM   #64
FlagRiot
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 01, 2006
Posts: 226
FlagRiot has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default

DAB

Do you think that is a reasonable request? That I 'support' everything I've said?

How about this. How about the thread ask BMF to "support' his claim that siri is expensing the cost of a new satellite in 06? Dont you think THAT claim requires some support? Or do you believe it too? Please respond directly to this question.

this guy is claiming that they incurred expense for their infrastructure in 06 obviously not understanding that the infrastructure has been being expensed since the companys inception. yet, you have the unmitigated gall to come here saying _I_ need to support _MY_ statements? Do you think that is reasonable given the absurdity of his reamrk?

I reiterate: If you are specific as to what, in my posts, you disagree about, i will be more than happy to support it. i do not know how someone can be more cooperative then that. for you to simply say, 'everything' is a flat out copout no different from saying, 'oh, we dont have to support anything but you have to support everything.' i dont see you or bmf supporting a damned thing either of you post. and it is not 'supporting' your position to link to a siri fansite which is nothing more than the opinion of an uneducated, incompetent fool who lacks any understanding of basic business concepts.
FlagRiot is offline  
 
 
Old 12-17-2006, 03:46 PM   #65
badmotherfarker
Top Dog Member
Siruis’ Karmazin Hints At Possible Merger With XM
 
Join Date: Dec 03, 2005
Posts: 7,335
badmotherfarker has a spectacular aura aboutbadmotherfarker has a spectacular aura aboutbadmotherfarker has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlagRiot
DAB

Do you think that is a reasonable request? That I 'support' everything I've said?

How about this. How about the thread ask BMF to "support' his claim that siri is expensing the cost of a new satellite in 06? Dont you think THAT claim requires some support? Or do you believe it too? Please respond directly to this question.

this guy is claiming that they incurred expense for their infrastructure in 06 obviously not understanding that the infrastructure has been being expensed since the companys inception. yet, you have the unmitigated gall to come here saying _I_ need to support _MY_ statements? Do you think that is reasonable given the absurdity of his reamrk?

I reiterate: If you are specific as to what, in my posts, you disagree about, i will be more than happy to support it. i do not know how someone can be more cooperative then that. for you to simply say, 'everything' is a flat out copout no different from saying, 'oh, we dont have to support anything but you have to support everything.' i dont see you or bmf supporting a damned thing either of you post. and it is not 'supporting' your position to link to a siri fansite which is nothing more than the opinion of an uneducated, incompetent fool who lacks any understanding of basic business concepts.

I just linked the article about the stock bonus being inclusive to Stern's total payment, including links to the SEC filing. Now, you go google search the 1Q conference call and read it- I already have. I'm not your daddy, I'm not here to educate you and I'm not the one spewing your so-called 'facts'. If you had been listening to and reading both the SIRI and XMSR conference calls over the last year, nothing I've said should come as a shock to you.
badmotherfarker is offline  
 
 
Old 12-17-2006, 03:52 PM   #66
badmotherfarker
Top Dog Member
Siruis’ Karmazin Hints At Possible Merger With XM
 
Join Date: Dec 03, 2005
Posts: 7,335
badmotherfarker has a spectacular aura aboutbadmotherfarker has a spectacular aura aboutbadmotherfarker has a spectacular aura about
Default

And one more thing there, sparky- it's not our job to debunk your claims. It's your job to provide data supporting your so-called facts. Don't sit here and spew bullshit and then expect us all to do your homework for you. If you're going to make claims, back them up or expect to be called on it.
badmotherfarker is offline  
 
 
Old 12-17-2006, 04:29 PM   #67
hieian
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 06, 2006
Posts: 103
hieian is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmotherfarker
And one more thing there, sparky- it's not our job to debunk your claims. It's your job to provide data supporting your so-called facts. Don't sit here and spew bullshit and then expect us all to do your homework for you. If you're going to make claims, back them up or expect to be called on it.
The same should go for everyone else. If there is a claim or response that seems to be incorrect or needs to be challenged, then it is most people's jobs to get some links and information to challenge it and prove it incorrect. I checked that link that you posted. SSG is not a financial advisor according to the page and he would not be a valid resource for anything that deals with financial information.
hieian is offline  
 
 
Old 12-17-2006, 04:35 PM   #68
badmotherfarker
Top Dog Member
Siruis’ Karmazin Hints At Possible Merger With XM
 
Join Date: Dec 03, 2005
Posts: 7,335
badmotherfarker has a spectacular aura aboutbadmotherfarker has a spectacular aura aboutbadmotherfarker has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hieian
The same should go for everyone else. If there is a claim or response that seems to be incorrect or needs to be challenged, then it is most people's jobs to get some links and information to challenge it and prove it incorrect. I checked that link that you posted. SSG is not a financial advisor according to the page and he would not be a valid resource for anything that deals with financial information.
There's links on that page to the filings. There are also many other sources that describe Howard's contract. The CBS lawsuit brought out a TON of info about that stock payment and the details of his contract.
badmotherfarker is offline  
 
 
Old 12-17-2006, 05:03 PM   #69
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
Siruis’ Karmazin Hints At Possible Merger With XM
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlagRiot
Do you think that is a reasonable request? That I 'support' everything I've said?

How about this. How about the thread ask BMF to "support' his claim that siri is expensing the cost of a new satellite in 06? Dont you think THAT claim requires some support? Or do you believe it too? Please respond directly to this question.
Yes, I do think it is a reasonable request, based on the fact that we can't seem to have a decussion on this forum without you coming in with all these so called facts. So, I standby my request. Now how about you answering the question. Why do you find it necessary to jump into every thread we have on this forum where this type discussion is taking place. Don't you think by now we know your position? Do you think it is necessary to do this over and over. Because that is exactly what you do. Like I said, I am not sure if you just like playing devils advocate or you really think you know something that the rest of us do not. But now is the time to document and show what you've got. I just don't see the rest of the posters on this forum doing what you do, which is jumping into every thread saying the same stuff over and over and over. Why is that so necessary for you to do? Why can't folks have a dicussion without you jumping into the middle of it? Seems you think you have some sort of calling. Let people think what they want, it isn't your job to keep the record straight for this forum.

I followed the link that BMF posted and after reviewing the filings and other information that is documented, I feel the exact same way that SSG. How anyone could read all that and come away with anything different is beyond my understanding.

What specifically do I want to know? I don't need to know anything from you, because I've already made up my mind about your post, because you have a clear pattern. But I think if you plan to continue doing this (challenging everyone else and coming off like some sort of expert), then you do indeed need to anti-up your documentation. For the record if anyone else comes into this forum and does what you do, I'll expect the same of them. But geez, we can't even have a discussion without you doing this over and over. Enough Already!
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox

Last edited by DAB; 12-17-2006 at 05:11 PM..
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 12-17-2006, 05:20 PM   #70
FlagRiot
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 01, 2006
Posts: 226
FlagRiot has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default

1. either this is an open forum or it isnt. if it isnt, just say so and i will leave.

2. i dont know whether ssg agrees with my remarks or not. i dont read it because they have no credibility. but what i do know is that i have set out the terms of the stern contract as they are known to the public - multiple times - in this thread. i have no idea whether ssg knows the correct terms or not but they have a decidedly siri bias that very often runs outside the bounds of honest discussion of the subject.

3. so now you are saying i do not need to support my claims? which is it?

i simply requested that you tell me specifically what about my post you take issue with.

i want bmf to substantiate his claim that siri is expensing costs related to a new satellite in 06.

dont you think any unbiased discussion within this thread would require that?

seems to me you guys just dont want to have any truth around here.
FlagRiot is offline  
 
 
Old 12-17-2006, 05:27 PM   #71
FlagRiot
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 01, 2006
Posts: 226
FlagRiot has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default

Quote:
And one more thing there, sparky- it's not our job to debunk your claims. It's your job to provide data supporting your so-called facts. Don't sit here and spew bullshit and then expect us all to do your homework for you. If you're going to make claims, back them up or expect to be called on it.
your claims are the ones that need debunking.

i am calling you on your claim that siri is expensiing 'infrastructure' in 06 and wont be in 07.

as dab says, put up or shut up. prove it.
FlagRiot is offline  
 
 
Old 12-17-2006, 05:29 PM   #72
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
Siruis’ Karmazin Hints At Possible Merger With XM
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlagRiot
1. either this is an open forum or it isnt. if it isnt, just say so and i will leave.

3. so now you are saying i do not need to support my claims? which is it?

dont you think any unbiased discussion within this thread would require that?

seems to me you guys just dont want to have any truth around here.
It is open, but you still need to put up or shut up! Again you failed to answer the question. If I can answer yours, can't you answer mine? I told you I have nothing specific I need from you, because I know what your post are all about. You can't seem to answer a simple question and I think it is because you know the answer is that you are doing exactly what I've said you are. Now just own it.

Yes, we'd love to have an unbiased discussion, but there will never be an unbiased discussion with you, because you are anti-SIRIUS plain and simple. By the way this is based on your own admission. So, don't tell me now you suddenly are trying to say you are unbiased. In my opinion your post are no better than SSG's since you claim they have no crebility. Do you think you do?

We don't mind the truth, we just don't want it to be your truth and your truth only being slammed down a throats in every freaking thread! What part of that don't you get?
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 12-17-2006, 05:53 PM   #73
FlagRiot
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 01, 2006
Posts: 226
FlagRiot has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default

Quote:
Again you failed to answer the question.
no, you failed to ASK the question. i have repeatedly stated that i would 'put up or shut up' if you would do one thing - and that is to plainly state precisely what i have said that you take issue with. that isnt too much to ask.

this is personal, obviously, since the other fellow has stated blatantly ignorant or intentionally untruthful things and hasnt been called on it, but you absolutely refuse to respond to my request to simply narrow the scope of your request to the specific item or items you take issue with.

i dont approve of some of the namecalling used on other boards. but i see where some of you have developed your reputations. the truth is that you are not here to discuss factual matters about satellite radio or siri instead you area here to pat each other on the back as long we can all agree that howard is greeat and siri can lose over a billion dollars but still be in great financial shape.
FlagRiot is offline  
 
 
Old 12-17-2006, 06:12 PM   #74
DAB
Site Editor / Moderator
Siruis’ Karmazin Hints At Possible Merger With XM
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 08, 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20,013
DAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura aboutDAB has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlagRiot
this is personal, obviously, since the other fellow has stated blatantly ignorant or intentionally untruthful things and hasnt been called on it, but you absolutely refuse to respond to my request to simply narrow the scope of your request to the specific item or items you take issue with.

i dont approve of some of the namecalling used on other boards. but i see where some of you have developed your reputations. the truth is that you are not here to discuss factual matters about satellite radio or siri instead you area here to pat each other on the back as long we can all agree that howard is greeat and siri can lose over a billion dollars but still be in great financial shape.
I know exactly what you asked and I have answered, I can't make it any more plain for you. But once again instead of answering my question, you just go on and on about nonsense.

Nothing personal about being tired of you posting this same stuff over and over in every thread and now asking you to provide the documentation. The fact is you simply can't. You talk a good game and you are XM biased and very anti-SIRIUS, which you have proven over and over in your post.

I have both services and I am invested in both services. But you don't see me over on XM fan or XM 411 talking about how poor XM is or even when XM was going through a really rough time see me over there touting about it. I don't agree with everyone that post in this forum about Howard or SIRI, but again I don't find it necessary to go into every single thread and act like I am some sort of expert as you do.

If you wish to think this is personal then so be it. But we are still waiting on you to provide the documentation and evidence for all the stuff you've posted in this thread. Don't try to defocus on BMF. I don't see BMF jumping into every thread acting like he is some sort of expert you do. My opinion of you has been the same since the first week you posted. You are only here to stir the pot, we don't need you here to provide clarity or your version of the truth. You've accused posters that disagree with you as being blind fanboys. But again who made you GOD and put you in charge of making sure we see everything your way. Why not just let folks think whatever they want. Make your opinion known and move on. But OH NO... you like to beat this crap to death over and over. Not just in one thread, but every thread that pops up about this topic.

I love how you always throw it out there about how the rest of us aren't here to discuss factual matters. I guess that is true if the facts have to be yours.
__________________
DAB

Digital Radio Central (New Forum) http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php

Slacker G2 Premium (4gb-25 Stations), Home Dock
Delphi XpressRC with 2 Home, 2 Car Docks and XMBB1 Boombox
1st Gen, iPod Touch 32gb (Slacker and Pandora Apps) iKicker Boombox
DAB is offline  
 
 
Old 12-17-2006, 07:12 PM   #75
FlagRiot
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 01, 2006
Posts: 226
FlagRiot has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default

Quote:
I don't find it necessary to go into every single thread and act like I am some sort of expert as you do.
bmf came here, obviously lacking even the most basic knowledge of the subject, and attacked my remarks as well as invented a few of his own.

I have asked you time and again to simply tell me what precisely you want me to document and you still have failed to do so - obviously, because you realize i am right and you are wrong.

If you guys dont want both sides of the argument around here i dont mind leaving. anyone who doesnt see it your way is just stirring the pot.
FlagRiot is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
An Interview with Mel Karmazin Hofstra Handles The Street 5 04-05-2006 07:21 PM
Karmazin Tells Shareholders Sirius Will Focus On Profits merovingian SIRIUS Dogstar Cafe 8 05-29-2005 12:18 PM
Sirius to go. v1ru5 Radios & Receivers 21 04-26-2005 12:18 PM
Karmazin: Sirius might raise fees snowmanvt SIRIUS Dogstar Cafe 50 03-08-2005 05:34 PM
MEL KARMAZIN is out as Pres./COO of VIACOM TulaneJeff Galaxy Nation 4 06-04-2004 06:57 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.