Digital Radio Central - Sponsored by TSS Radio
  DRC Home Page DRC Forums Contact Us  
 
SIRIUS Backstage Forum
 
 
 
  Sirius Satellite Radio XM Satellite Radio iTunes/iPod Slacker Pandora  
 
 
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >
Visit Digital Radio Central

Notices

The Street Converse with other investors about finance, economic and investment strategies. This is also the place to discuss SIRIUS XM company news and your favorite stocks.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 07:12 PM   #1
Whiskerbiscuit
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 08, 2006
Posts: 234
Whiskerbiscuit is on a distinguished road
Default Why you should buy SIRI now.

Here's a tip I don't often share.

When considering a stock, check Alexa ratings/rankings for companies under consideration.

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/ma...l=xmradio.com/

Rating for XM 3,674.
Rating for Siri 2,000.

(Lower is better )

Looks like Sirius is kicking XM's arse in web hits too.

Last edited by Whiskerbiscuit; 12-03-2006 at 07:22 PM..
Whiskerbiscuit is offline  
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 07:53 PM   #2
Satradioman
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: Aug 26, 2003
Posts: 1,616
Satradioman is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskerbiscuit
Here's a tip I don't often share.

When considering a stock, check Alexa ratings/rankings for companies under consideration.

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/ma...l=xmradio.com/

Rating for XM 3,674.
Rating for Siri 2,000.

(Lower is better )

Looks like Sirius is kicking XM's arse in web hits too.
Oh boy, a tip on a internet forum. I'll re-mortgage my house tomorrow and bet it all on SIRI. Thx

You wouldn't be playing the 'bump and dump' game on the un-expecting, are you?
Satradioman is offline  
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 08:29 PM   #3
Whiskerbiscuit
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 08, 2006
Posts: 234
Whiskerbiscuit is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satradioman
Oh boy, a tip on a internet forum. I'll re-mortgage my house tomorrow and bet it all on SIRI. Thx

You wouldn't be playing the 'bump and dump' game on the un-expecting, are you?
-------------

You would probably be wise to do just that.

I own 41,459 shares and have been accumulating since 2003.
No. I'm holding and have held. Will sell at 12.

You have me confused with a short term whore.
Whiskerbiscuit is offline  
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 09:32 PM   #4
soxnationonline
Top Dog Member
 
soxnationonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 25, 2005
Location: Chi town
Posts: 3,992
soxnationonline will become famous soon enoughsoxnationonline will become famous soon enough
Default

kids got moxy for trying to keep "the street" alive.
__________________
soxnationonline is offline  
 
 
Old 12-03-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
M4
Loyal Listener
 
Join Date: Sep 19, 2005
Posts: 229
M4 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskerbiscuit
-------------

You would probably be wise to do just that.

I own 41,459 shares and have been accumulating since 2003.
No. I'm holding and have held. Will sell at 12.

You have me confused with a short term whore.
so what's your average price per share?
__________________
Starmate Replay - 1999 Honda Accord EX V6
XM - 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE
Sirius Premium Online Radio
M4 is offline  
 
 
Old 12-04-2006, 03:18 AM   #6
Satradioman
Sirius Star
 
Join Date: Aug 26, 2003
Posts: 1,616
Satradioman is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskerbiscuit
-------------

You would probably be wise to do just that.

I own 41,459 shares and have been accumulating since 2003.
No. I'm holding and have held. Will sell at 12.

You have me confused with a short term whore.
Sell at 12 huh, well good luck with that.

And anyone who will get on a forum and give advice to others to buy any stock, especially a high risk stocks like SIRI or XM, I can come up with other names for you besides whore.

Here's some GOOD advice to anyone reading this: ONLY invest with money you can afford to lose, for the little guy Wall Street is as big as a gamble as buying a lottery ticket.

And BTW Whisker I bought into SIRI at about $1 a share, and again at $6 a share.
Satradioman is offline  
 
 
Old 12-04-2006, 09:50 AM   #7
FlagRiot
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 01, 2006
Posts: 226
FlagRiot has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default

it is difficult to envision a sequence of events that would drive siris pps to 12 in the next several years - thats an $18 Billion mkt cap with retail growth slowing, almost stopping, and siri having the short end of the oem stick. even howards arrival didn't have that kind of juice.

and given their spending right now and the need to launch another sat theyre going to have to have more cash in the meantime.

you can imagine 5 or 6 if they get a run of good news. but 12? nope.
FlagRiot is offline  
 
 
Old 12-04-2006, 05:23 PM   #8
Whiskerbiscuit
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 08, 2006
Posts: 234
Whiskerbiscuit is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satradioman
Sell at 12 huh, well good luck with that.

And anyone who will get on a forum and give advice to others to buy any stock, especially a high risk stocks like SIRI or XM, I can come up with other names for you besides whore.

Here's some GOOD advice to anyone reading this: ONLY invest with money you can afford to lose, for the little guy Wall Street is as big as a gamble as buying a lottery ticket.

And BTW Whisker I bought into SIRI at about $1 a share, and again at $6 a share.
------

You offer good advice to people. Like all of life, moderation is good and investments can and do go down. They also go up.

Thanks you the good luck wishes re: 12. This won't happen overnight but Lord willing I have time. After all, 40K X 12.00 is a big number and I can think of no better business proposition in stocks today. But it does require forethought and patience.

I remember when air conditioning in cars and the value of the microwave was in question. Satrad has such a very high customer satisfaction rate and offers such a tremendous value that it will succeed without doubt.

Consider that a movie ticket for an evening is 10-15 bucks with snacks. Including the average and above average income, Only tight asses don't pop for .43 per day for such great entertainment.

Good luck and sharp brains to you !
Whiskerbiscuit is offline  
 
 
Old 12-05-2006, 09:28 AM   #9
Edgar
Mixologist
 
Edgar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 25, 2005
Posts: 340
Edgar is on a distinguished road
Post Now might be premature

I reiterate my buy recommendation at $2.50. It might be a little high but no need to get greedy.
Edgar is offline  
 
 
Old 12-05-2006, 11:31 AM   #10
BigRadioFan
Channel Surfer
 
Join Date: Jul 22, 2005
Posts: 96
BigRadioFan is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskerbiscuit
------

I remember when air conditioning in cars and the value of the microwave was in question. Satrad has such a very high customer satisfaction rate and offers such a tremendous value that it will succeed without doubt.

Consider that a movie ticket for an evening is 10-15 bucks with snacks. Including the average and above average income, Only tight asses don't pop for .43 per day for such great entertainment.
It's not just the price, although I personally listen to the free music services available elsewhere like Internet radio or Music Choice (at home) or my 4,300 song iPod on shuffle or AM/FM (when I'm away). It's also how easy/difficult something is to use.

Back when I was a Sirius subscriber (was more than a year ago/was only for a few months), it was ridiculous to use at home. I tried SO hard at first to position the thing so that I could just continue listening without interruption. It's totally impossible. You HAVE to reposition the antenna to avoid dropouts every so often. Usually at the most inconvienent times possible like right in the middle of a great song or when I'm busy/comfortable and didn't want to mess with it.

Combine that annoyance with the limited channels and subscription fee and it's a dealbreaker for me. I would do Sirius occasionally if it were free, or if it were 1985 and Internet radio/iPods weren't available.
BigRadioFan is offline  
 
 
 

Go Back   SIRIUS Backstage Forum > >


Digitalradiocentral.com




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Want to check Sat Radio Brand recognition? awegrzyn The Street 7 07-14-2006 10:13 AM
When will SIRI and XMSR decouple ? plowboy1 The Street 6 06-04-2006 11:47 AM
New to investing, what is your opinion on SIRI Long Term? Spiderguard The Street 0 03-14-2006 11:40 PM
New to Investing, what is your opinion on SIRI Long Term Spiderguard The Street 0 03-14-2006 11:39 PM
New to Investing, what is your opinion on SIRI Long Term Spiderguard The Street 0 03-14-2006 11:24 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.39 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All Content Copyright SIRIUS Backstage. All Rights Reserved. SIRIUS and registered trademarks are the property of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc. The opinions posted on SIRIUS Backstage website and forums are those of the individual posters and/or this website and are not necessarily the opinions or positions of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.